Seattle.. and this media spot is a pile...

Acydburn

• Commissioner

So here’s my heaping pile of S**T media spot for the week….

Ranked 19th best in the league by VSN, Acyd Burn has been struggling as of late. Coming off a S68 victory in which he scored the final two GWG’s in the Continental Cup Finals. This season he hasn’t made much of an impact, if any. Currently 12 games into the season he’s sitting with 1 goal, 7 assists, is -1, with 7 hits and 4 shots blocked. The most concerning part of this is the fact he’s only shooting at a 1.79%, which is the lowest in the league (even among rookies).

Although Burn isn’t playing the best, he’s mirroring a struggling Seattle team. That’s not to say that Seattle isn’t a good team, they’re just struggling to find consistency themselves. The team is currently 6-5-1 with a -4-goal differential, this is not the team that swept through the league and won the continental cup last season.

The good news is that not everyone on the Bears is struggling. Center Joel Ylonen is having a career year and is on pace for a 72+ point season, the best of his career if this comes to fruition. In 12 games played he has 3 goals and 10 assists.  Another player on the Bears who is still doing well is Dan Willinsky at a slower pace than Ylonen but still putting up the points. Willinsky currently has 5 goals and 6 assists. As far as PIM minutes Hulk Hogan is ranked 5th in the league, might be due to all the fights he’s been getting into ?. Leph Twinger is 3rd in the league as far as hits with 52. As far as shots blocked for Seattle Ambrose Stark has 21 but closely followed by Kevin Low with 20.

In goal Rayz Funk seems to have slipped just slightly compared to last season. He’s currently sitting at 5 wins, 5 losses and 1 overtime loss. His save percentage is at .918 and a GAA of 2.61. When we compare that to his season 68 numbers, we see tat he ended the season with a save percentage of .921 and a 2.42 GAA. So it’s not unreasonable to see that this would be caused by a team needed to find their identity again. Based on just save percentage Funk ranks 12th in the league and GAA he’s at 10th. While typically this would cause alarm when we look at Michael Johnson of the Malmo Nighthawks, the other team who made it to the finals last season. He ranks 12th for GAA in the league and 8th for save percentage. While these aren’t great it means that it’s not just Funk who may have slipped a slight bit.

After having a brief interview, the team, some of the players made a few comments.

Rayz Funk had this to say about the season, "I've been struggling, and it's cost us points. The team just isn't clicking yet but we are starting to get there. I'm hoping we can all shake off the cup hangover and take this team where it deserves to be."

Henrik Zoidberg had this to say “I was a little surprised both at the retool and being put into a more defensive role. I'm happy to play my part, but the team is going to have to start clicking if we're going to bring it together.”

Here’s to hoping Seattle pulls it around!

Edited by Acydburn
Formatting