19/20 soccer/football thread

2 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Pochettino out!

and Finland really did that @Ahma @jRuutu Pukki the hero this team needed.

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

Pukki is a god!

I've adopted Finland as my European team while Minnesota has Lod/Schuller, picked a good time to jump on the bandwagon. I wanna see some Euro upsets.

1 minute ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

I've adopted Finland as my European team while Minnesota has Lod/Schuller, picked a good time to jump on the bandwagon. I wanna see some Euro upsets.

There seems to be quite few Finnish players in MLS, Ring and Raitala come to mind on top of those mentioned!

• Admin

But actually, so much has happened since I last posted anything about football here I think:

- Ajax, what a run, literally one of my favourite seasons by any team ever. Like Leicester levels of happiness but even better football.

- Chelsea, god bless the transfer ban for letting us actually play our academy players

- Man U, lmao what are they doing

- Liverpool, ffs, we're actually gonna let them win a title

- Netherlands back in an international tournament, did miss them. More importantly, international tournament coming up, love an international tournament.

Even if some of these recent times were awful it still REALLY sucks to see Pochettino go.  The Champions League run was fantastic and the last five years in general have had some great moments.  It’s hard to overstate how much he turned the team around after AVB and Sherwood (god, Sherwood was awful).  Seeing another manager on the touch line is gonna take a while to get used to.

I’m willing to keep an open mind and be optimistic but I worry if anyone can really replace Pochettino considering how Levy/ENIC run the club.  Obviously Mourinho (assuming it is him) is experienced and a winner but...we’ll see, I guess.

(Hey @Tagger remember when you were upset with United hiring Mourinho and mentioned possibly supporting Spurs?)

As a Tottenham fan, I hate Mourinho. I hate, hate, hate him. I hate him more than Chelsea and Arsenal combined. 

Poch deserved better. He took this team from trash, developed guys like Kane, Dele, Sissoko (remember how trash he was last season), also turned Aurier around. We also have guys like Winks, Clarke, Sess, Parrot. You just went to a UCL final and a few months later sack the manager that helped get you there. I am disappointed in the decision by Levy. 

With that said, I will always be a Spurs fan, but I will not be rooting for the coach, I think he's a cocky, conceited dick. I will not support that. Poch will go on to be amazing somewhere else, I wish the best to him. Now, let's see all the players leave (Kane is going to leave, my guess). 

#COYS

12 hours ago, solas said:

(Hey @Tagger remember when you were upset with United hiring Mourinho and mentioned possibly supporting Spurs?)

I do indeed, although United's still my number one team I support and Spurs is still my second team cause of my dad supporting them. Needless to say this move didn't go down well in our household. At least time showed I was right to have my concerns about Mourinho haha (although Ole's not been great either ?).

• 2 months later...
  • Admin
3 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

Chelsea top 4

United not

Arsenal closer to 18th than 4th in points

this is a good season. Even with Pool getting a title...

I mean I have no idea how we're still top 4, I feel like we've dropped all the points since November  

Still need 6 more wins at least, but I'm starting to get a bit more confident, we might be league champions for the first time in 30 years.

As a 28 year long Liverpool supporter, I almost cant believe it :') 

• 4 weeks later...