A Short Analysis of TPE in the Hall of Fame

Corco

363672368_HallofFamersbyTPE.png.05a154883fee4088bc87bb54557c7dfb.png

I created a spreadsheet of every player in the Hall of Fame in order to find out some statistics. You can definitely see in the graph above where TPE earning really took off in the S20's. I was actually a little surprised to see that there are a decent amount of newer inductees without crazy high amounts of TPE, such as Ay Ay Ron (S56 - 771 TPE) and Lukas Muller (S53 - 786 TPE). I do notice that recently there appears to be a high degree of variance between players making it in, and I'm interested to see if that trend continues. Here are my some other things I found interesting:

Average TPE: 921
Average TPE (Forward): 917
Average TPE (Defense): 886
Average TPE (Goalie): 983

Lowest TPE (Forward): Brett Slobodzian - 355
Lowest TPE (Defense): Petr Shirokov - 325
Lowest TPE (Goalie): Matthew Pogge - 213

Highest TPE (Forward): Lord Karnage - 1561
Highest TPE (Defense): Phil Hamilton - 1459
Highest TPE (Goalie): Norris Stopko - 1623

Lowest TPE in the HoF: Matthew Pogge - It's no surprise here that the lowest total TPE player in the Hall of Fame is from S1, but I was definitely surprised when I saw how LOW his TPE actually was; 213!!! Despite having a very below-average skillset, Pogge still was able to collect a handful of hardware in his short career, amassing two Tretiak trophies as the leagues top goalie, a playoff MVP trophy, and three selections to the All-Star game in just four seasons.

Highest TPE in the HoF: Norris Stopko - I wasn't around for Stopko to break the record for most TPE ever for a player in the Hall of Fame, but I do find it interesting that the highest and lowest TPE totals for the Hall of Fame are both goalies. Just by looking at his stats I see that he had a monster career, and definitely makes a case as possibly the greatest VHL goalie of all time.

Edited by Corco

• Admin

Johnsson is #1 in TPE though I am pretty sure, not sure if you're picking up his TPA at retirement instead of TPE or something.

Also, look at all those triple digits back in the day. Back when 1,100 was actually an achievement...

Oh and also the state of post S57 VHL smh

8 minutes ago, Victor said:

Omg Corco where have you been

Harnessing the raw, gargantuan power of Microsoft Excel

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

Johnsson is #1 in TPE though I am pretty sure, not sure if you're picking up his TPA at retirement instead of TPE or something.

Also, look at all those triple digits back in the day. Back when 1,100 was actually an achievement...

Oh and also the state of post S57 VHL smh

I used player threads in the Retired Players section for 95% of these, is there a better source?

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Corco said:

I used player threads in the Retired Players section for 95% of these, is there a better source?

the portal for anyone who retired after S61. I must have manually updated Stopko's player page after his induction but never got to Johnsson. AAR would be safe as he got banned before the move to the portal. And then we decided to induct Chouinard so yeah just Johnsson you would have got out of date numbers for.