Milestone

jRuutu

O2NRsIS.png

A historical moment earlier this week when Rauno Palo managed to go past Beau Louth in the all-time TPE rankings! Louth and Palo was perhaps the best center duo in the league for multiple years in a row, Louth has retired already and Palo himself is not far away, he announced earlier that the ongoing season will be his last in VHL.

We managed to get a hold of Palo in Riga´s morning skate, Palo was sitting in the press box - this is what he had to say about the milestone:

Oh really!? That is awesome, I did not even know I was this close, but I have worked my ass off to get here, so great milestone for me and even more special when I get one over Louth. Do you guys want anything? I just ordered pancakes, could ask them to make you some as well, but you need to pay for it yourself obviously.

We did not stay for pancakes, but it was a nice gesture. Before we left we asked if Palo was injured and that is the reason he is in the press box while others are skating around on the ice, Palo said no - said he did not feel like skating.