Las Vegas Aces GM [HIRING!]

Banackock

:veg: Las Vegas Aces GM - Hiring! :veg:

Hello. @Matt_O has decided to step away from the world of being a VHLM GM. Matthew, thank you for your time, dedication and efforts towards Vegas and the VHLM over the last half a year. Best of luck moving forward. Every now and then we'll make sure to spread the love of Matthew in the VHLM GM Corner. 

With that being said, Las Vegas is looking for a GM. Who wants the job? POST HERE!

@VHLM Commissioner

First and foremost, I am applying to be the GM of Las Vegas. I'd like to start off, not by showing my credentials, but explaining why I'd be the best fit for the job.

You see, I've been an AGM in the VHLM for 4 consecutive seasons now with the San Diego Marlins. Not only has the journey been amazing, but the amount of stuff I've been able to learn, and do, has prepared me specifically for this job. Not only that, but it's also taught me the importance of the VHLM, the players in the VHLM and just the whole experience, and really making sure we're able to leave an everlasting impression on the players we GM for all of the right reasons. On top of that, I am passionate about the VHLM, I strive to be the best me I can be, and the best me provides strong leadership, guidance, patience and virtues that the VHLM commonly shares with me, and because of this, I believe I'd be the best candidate to lead the Vegas team to success.

So, what does that leave us with? Well, my credentials of course. I am a 4x AGM with the SD Marlins, as previously mentioned. In this time, I've had the opportunity to help with player recruitment and retainment, locker room activities/activeness, line creation/discussion, player management, drafting, scouting and so much more.

I was also a 1x Canada WJC GM, in that time I also had a lot of the same responsibilities, making it fun for our team as much as I could, I had to select my team, make my own lines and rely more on myself, this helped me prepare for a GM role a lot, as I took on a lot of the same responsibilities a GM in the VHLM has. Finally, I was also a 1x Canada World Cup GM, again having to select my team, with similar responsibilities of the two previous credentials, this also led to my success as a GM and my experience and retainment of information to broaden to a whole new horizon.

So overall, after so many great seasons of waiting, I feel like I have been groomed for success, I have the knowledge, understanding and tools to be successful, and I have a great mentor who always has my back, who I know will always be there to support me if I need any further help or guidance.

Edited by MexicanCow123

3 minutes ago, MexicanCow123 said:

First and foremost, I am applying to be the GM of Las Vegas. I'd like to start off, not by showing my credentials, but explaining why I'd be the best fit for the job.

You see, I've been an AGM in the VHLM for 4 consecutive seasons now with the San Diego Marlins. Not only has the journey been amazing, but the amount of stuff I've been able to learn, and do, has prepared me specifically for this job. Not only that, but it's also taught me the importance of the VHLM, the players in the VHLM and just the whole experience, and really making sure we're able to leave an everlasting impression on the players we GM for all of the right reasons. On top of that, I am passionate about the VHLM, I strive to be the best me I can be, and the best me provides strong leadership, guidance, patience and virtues that the VHLM commonly shares with me, and because of this, I believe I'd be the best candidate to lead the Vegas team to success.

So, what does that leave us with? Well, my credentials of course. I am a 4x AGM with the SD Marlins, as previously mentioned. In this time, I've had the opportunity to help with player recruitment and retainment, locker room activities/activeness, line creation/discussion, player management, drafting, scouting and so much more.

I also also a 1x Canada WJC GM, in that time I also had a lot of the same responsibilities, making it fun for our team as much as I could, I had to select my team, make my own lines and rely more on myself, this helped me prepare for a GM role a lot, as I took on a lot of the same responsibilities a GM in the VHLM has. Finally, I was also a 1x Canada World Cup GM, again having to select my team, with similar responsibilities of the two previous credentials, this also led to my success as a GM and my experience and retainment of information to broaden to a whole new horizon.

So overall, after so many great seasons of waiting, I feel like I have been groomed for success, I have the knowledge, understanding and tools to be successful, and I have a great mentor who always has my back, who I know will always be there to support me if I need any further help or guidance.

MexicanCow has absolutely been one of the best members here for me. From the get-go I chose him for his enthusiasm to just want to be involved and he's been driven and never lost that drive or enthusiasm through the seasons he's been my AGM. He's always open to listen, always around to help when it's needed, and will absolutely be an excellent selection for the next GM of the Las Vegas Aces. 

He's done his waiting in my opinion, he's been turned down, told to continue doing his thing, showing he can handle it, and I feel like every time he's been told no, he's bounced back and just been even stronger and more consistent. 

Go get it kid....make me proud! :D

15 minutes ago, fever95 said:

I apply. I am a former VHLM GM as well as a GM and co-GM in SHL’s minor league and SHL GM as well as knowing the sim engine very well.

fever was a worthy gm when i went against him, would recommend

32 minutes ago, MexicanCow123 said:

I also also a 1x Canada WJC GM, in that time I also had a lot of the same responsibilities, making it fun for our team as much as I could, I had to select my team, make my own lines and rely more on myself, this helped me prepare for a GM role a lot, as I took on a lot of the same responsibilities a GM in the VHLM has. Finally, I was also a 1x Canada World Cup GM, again having to select my team, with similar responsibilities of the two previous credentials, this also led to my success as a GM and my experience and retainment of information to broaden to a whole new horizon.

Well, i’m not gunna lie guys, i was on this guys team for 2 days, and he is literally so active on the servers, and will help you with anything. I am sad to see him leave San Diego but i’m glad, because he has a bright future for him. I literally love this guy as a agm, and i would love to see him as a GM. GOOD LUCK on your path Mexican.

-Alex Bridges!

39 minutes ago, MexicanCow123 said:

MexicanCow is a great guy, great AGM, and has amazing leadership. He is nothing but supportive, wants nothing but the best for his team and will be one of the best GMs to ever be in the position. There is no doubt in my mind that he will be the top GM to ever be in this league.

If we're in the business of recommending people (which is likely pointless as the commissioners wouldn't hire someone purely because of a recommendation), then out of everyone here I'd love to cast my vote (hi Victor!) for @ColeMrtz

I can tell you firsthand, having been his GM last season, that he's dedicated, active, and experienced, able to answer questions and be a helpful presence in the locker room. If I needed an AGM, I'd have no doubts about hiring him there, and now that he's already an AGM and has gotten that sweet ? AGM ? seasoning ? (hi Thran!), I have no doubt that he'd do well as a GM too. I'd love to see him get the job!

Good luck to all applying, though, and I look forward to competing against whoever is eventually hired!

2 minutes ago, Berocka said:

I will throw my name into the hat. I have AGMd for 3 seasons. Was an unsuccessful GM in the WJC but I tried. If you need to know anything let me know.

Look, I know I've thrown out a recommendation in this thread already, and I'd like to make it clear that that one still stands as well. But...

I'm obligated to recommend my former player, current AGM, and great friend Berocka here. I'll keep it short as I'm sure we don't want to see two long-winded replies from a guy who isn't even applying, but I cannot say enough about what this guy's done for the Hounds. I think it's more than evident with a quick look at Hounds Discord, or even around the forum. I've taught him everything there is to learn about being a GM, and he's more than prepared.

I will formally apply by posting in this thread. I am currently the AGM of Vegas and would love to take over for @Matt_O.

Matt, it was a pleasure working with you these past months. I have learned a ton working with you! I appreciate the time you took to show me the ropes.