A preview of the S72 recreates

McWolf

Hello. Today we are going to talk about the S63 draftees, players that were eligible to play their first VHL games 6 seasons ago, which means they are set to retire at the conclusion of S70.  If we follow the max earner logic, these members would retire their current players in about a season and a half, at the S70 deadline, making them the most efficient TPE earner of the yet-to-open S72 draftclass. At the time, S63's class was viewed as one of the best draft classes in recent memory, but only a couple of them will get to recreate in S72, meaning it might be a first-gen heavy draft. In fact, four members from this class are current GMs or are expected to take helm of a team in the near future: @hedgehog337, @Enorama, @Peace, @Jubo07. Depending on their creation timing, their players might be associated with the S72, but they won't be drafted, which is what interests me here.

So, who remains from the S63 draft to create for the S72 one? Add to the 4 GM players the whooping 21 players that either retired already or aren't active anymore and that leaves us with only 7 active draftees, 2 of which I'd consider semi-active as their updates have been rare these last couple of months. The 7 that remain are @McWolf, @oilmandan, @Sonnet, @Tape-to-Tape@tfong, with @Joubo and @SidTheKid87 representing the less active ones. So that leaves us with what, 4 maybe 5 first rounders? That is if we all recreate in time for S72 and don't take a sabbatical. Then add maybe a couple of S64, S65 retiring early. Plus probably 2 or 3 players from Trifecta. GMs better be hoping Beaviss and his recruitment squad got other ads coming up, because this doesn't look too good. At least there's surefire talent at the top, with McWolf, Pepper, Tzuyu, Wilinsky all having successful careers, 6 seasons in, but the rest isn't looking much better than the pre-S62 draft classes so far.

So, Dan, Sonnet, you guys want to make 3 players with a shared backstory?

2 minutes ago, McWolf said:

Depending on their creation timing, their players might be associated with the S72, but they won't be drafted, which is what interests me here.

They will be drafted. no GM players anymore. And I don't care Vic beat me to do it with his post.

and yes, Enorama won't create a player because he has one already.

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

Ah but they will. No more GM players.

But GMs can still have their players forceably allocated to their teams, I won't be recreating then but Peace, Jubo, or hedge could have their players go straight to their teams with their 1st and therefore not be drafted the same way others are.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Enorama said:

But GMs can still have their players forceably allocated to their teams, I won't be recreating then but Peace, Jubo, or hedge could have their players go straight to their teams with their 1st and therefore not be drafted the same way others are.

Oh really I didn't read that far into the announcement as I probably won't be GM after Pavlov.

3 minutes ago, Victor said:

Oh really I didn't read that far into the announcement as I probably won't be GM after Pavlov.

Essentially pre-draft a GM can declare that their GM player is theirs and then they need to take them with their 1st that year.

• Commissioner
14 hours ago, Enorama said:

just trade for your 1st back a la Winnipeg Jets

To be fair nothing in the announcement states it needed to be their own first. He can trade for any first round pick and grab himself. Just needs to be a first.

28 minutes ago, BOOM™ said:

Should I just wait? 

If you want to be I. A super strong class. This is still a way off though. Re-creating now would put you in S70 (though a bit behind some of us) and waiting a couple of weeks for the trade deadline would put you ahead of these guys in S71.