What is the best time to create a player??

Jubis

animation multiply GIF by Patrick Smith

Ok so I'm on vacation this friday for the next 9 days. I am headed down to florida for some time in the sun. I do not want to lose out on any tpe so I will try and submit all my tasks this week and then just claim next week while on vacation. Let's dive into the topic I'd like to discuss.

Timing player creation or re-creation

Took me long enough to realize the advantages of the timing in which you decide to create your player. I joined the league August 31st or something. Which put me at the almost very end of the s69 draft class. Had I waited just 3 or 4 weeks I would have been bunched into the s70 class. I ended up entering the s69 draft at 212 TPE. If my math is correct had I waited for the s70 class. I would've been at 350-400 tpe for the s70 draft. Now I'm forever behind the top dogs of my draft class. No matter how consistent I stay. This extra TPE would have also allowed me to be more effective in my VHL rookie season.

This obviously is something I could just ask in Discord but then I can't claim 2 tpe for it. I have heard experienced members retiring their player mid season and re-creating during the trade deadline. I have 7 more seasons after this one before I will retire. Im not in a rush to retire anytime soon. RJ Jubis's  career is just beginning. I'm Just curious what is the best strategy for re-creating a new player after retiring an old one? 

Appreciate any tips or feedback! Thanks, 

Cheers,

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

Always retire, and then immediately recreate, at the trade deadline. That's when you'll be a member of the next draft class.

This guy has it right. While TPE numbers aren’t the be all end all that people treat them as if you absolutely want the most bang for your buck retiring and re-creating right at the deadline is the best strategy. You lose out on a few weeks at the end of your career for carryover but even if you aren’t capped out on that (requires 1250 TPE for the max carryover if I recall) the amount you’ll make between then and pre-season more than makes up for it. A deadline re-create gives you a couple of weeks worth of earning in the VHLM and an extra off-season (a small one mind you) before you even start your actual draft season. If your goal is absolute max TPE (again, not always the most important thing) then there’s no other strategy.

With that said, if you don’t go all 8 you need to consider what you are potentially doing to your team with a deadline retirement. Retiring in pre-season means your player stays in the roster for the season and they can use him as an asset. Retiring at the deadline precious to that off-season he’s retired at the end of the season and they can’t use him. Obviously an 8th season retirement doesn’t need to factor this in.

Yeah it feels like even a few missed weeks has put me a fair distance behind the top players. It probably hurts my VHLM team the most but when all is said and done I shouldn’t be that far behind. Plus I’m not gunning for max tpe. 

10 hours ago, Jubis said:

Timing player creation or re-creation

Took me long enough to realize the advantages of the timing in which you decide to create your player. I joined the league August 31st or something. Which put me at the almost very end of the s69 draft class. Had I waited just 3 or 4 weeks I would have been bunched into the s70 class.

I definitely feel that.  I think my player is the youngest member of the S69 draft class.  i created a few days before the deadline I think.  It was recommended to me in the discord to recreate since I wouldn't have done much yet.  For better or worse I decided to stick with the guy I had made.  Not knowing much about the league or if I would even stick with it, I didn't really know what kind of effect that would have.  I figured even if I don't end up a superstar that doesn't mean you can't contribute to the team.  We'll see how that works out I suppose.