The Great Welfare Debate

Enorama

Held this stance for a long time, don't know if I've ever written it down on the forums anyplace.

As it stands: welfare is 4 for free and pension is 5 for vets who have had two decent players.

How I want it: keep the same rules, just slide the amounts down a bit. 2 for basic welfare, 4 for pension.

Why this works: pensioners are still rewarded for their activity on the site, but people are more encouraged to write media spots or create graphics. Instead of getting a marginal 1-2 TPE for putting in the dozens of minutes of work required for MSes and graphics, the marginal benefit increases to 2-4, thereby incentivizing activity.

Fight me @tfong you lazy bastard

This is similar to what ive proposed in the BOG. Its getting torched in there though. Ill copy paste what I had written.

"

Hi All,

This might be a very unpopular opinion but the fact that Pension Welfare for posting in a thread is worth one TPE less than a PT is a bit much in my opinion. Plain and simple what are peoples thoughts on dumping pension completely and only having welfare?

If we made the changes it would be the following:

Welfare = 4 TPE

5 Pension

Affiliate Welfare = 6 TPE

*11 people claimed pension last week - Most of them have other jobs also.

Pros:

Reduce TPE across the board

Potentially more people doing PT's (more content)

Potentially resulting in more activity across the board

New members on par with older members

Cons:

People get mad since they get less TPE for the same amount of work (posting in a thread)

Let me know your thoughts im going to include a vote also and if you have anymore pros or cons tag me and I can add them to the list."

I’d prefer 3 for welfare 4 for pension. 2 is pretty much nothing and yeah that makes sense because people that are doing nothing but posting in a thread. 4 makes sense because they’ve put some time into the league and it creates incentive to others to do the same. I would see about increasing it to 500/600. In that case I would potentially want it at 3 welfare, 5 pension and 7 per point task. While I don’t see the point task numbers changing I wouldn’t mind the welfare and pension decreasing one each.

IMO this will be much harder to change once the recent revitalization of the league and its "first gen" members can claim this. Those are also the members that produce the most content for the site and @Esso2264 among many others will claim this as soon as they can. Raising the limit from 400 - 800 is just a couple month delay to the major problem that's coming.

Its a total of 1 TPE weekly reduction which results in roughly 70 TPE in an entire career. Its also a 1 TPE difference between a PT and Pension.

• Head Moderator

I just spent like the last hour talking about this in discord. I don't think its fair to have to regur the entire thing again.

My main point is that we should be looking elsewhere rather than a reduction and that pros listed I've already disproven with facts so the proposed benefits haven't been been looked at yet to warrant this kind of change.

34 minutes ago, tfong said:

I just spent like the last hour talking about this in discord. I don't think its fair to have to regur the entire thing again.

My main point is that we should be looking elsewhere rather than a reduction and that pros listed I've already disproven with facts so the proposed benefits haven't been been looked at yet to warrant this kind of change.

Does Welfare for 3 and Pension for 4 work then?

Is there a big issue with welfare? No. 

Welfare isn't broken, so why "fix" it?

Why should welfare be nerfed when the update scale was increased too. Sometime ago but it was increased. 

What is the average number of welfare claimers? 

• Head Moderator
3 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Does Welfare for 3 and Pension for 4 work then?

Remember my primary issue was that whats the benefit? We've already reduced pension and welfare from their original amounts with the same arguments and here we are again. Like I keep telling you, this isn't the answer you're looking for. My BOG solution is an option i would like to look at in terms of rewarding actives vs welfare.

Note pension and welfare has already received 2 nerfs (from initial amounts and 2nd from the upscaling of cap for activity). 

Edited by tfong

This has more cons than people are letting on. If welfare gets nerfed, casual members much like myself for the longest time would have a much harder time keeping up with the big dogs getting 12 tpe a week for job pay + anything else they do. Some people, especially new members, don't have either the creativity/knowledge/courage to make a big media spot for 2 extra tpe than you'd get on welfare. With the current system, casual members still have a chance to compete, but those that put more work into their player/jobs with media spots get rewards more = getting better than the casual player. No reason to alienate an entire class of members imo. Keep the system the same.

EDIT: I just speak for the members who're a lot like me in which they don't have the time or VHL knowledge to make a weekly media spot but still want to have fun. Pls no bashing it's just an opinion on the internet.

Edited by ItsMcLovin