Another week

Steve

Well, the season is in full swing and the pecking order looks interesting. The talent in the league is amazing and provides entertainment for everyone to enjoy. Some teams look very strong and will be a dog fight by the end of the season.

Only thing left to do now is just lace them up and do our best. The season has been another bust so far but with our rookies coming in to save the day on many occasions, it is good to see something good happen.

I would still like to see a build simulator and know a lot more about the sim engine and how it translates our skills into the sim. It doesn't feel very reflective of the amount of work a person can put into making a build, just to have it fail. More understanding about the sim might lead to different builds that work better with the sim and not just paper. It see what weight each skill has within the sim engine would be really helpful. I have asked many good players and I haven't heard any of them able to tell me how the clock ticks. Maybe in the future the information will be out there.

5 hours ago, Steve said:

More understanding about the sim might lead to different builds that work better with the sim and not just paper. It see what weight each skill has within the sim engine would be really helpful. I have asked many good players and I haven't heard any of them able to tell me how the clock ticks. Maybe in the future the information will be out there.

That's because for the most part, it's not out there. I'd wager that less is known about the actual affects and weights of each attribute in STHS compared to other sim engines in different sports leagues.

Some people have different ideas about ratios between different attributes, the importance of skating and defense versus shooting, but no one actually knows 100%.

6 hours ago, Steve said:

It see what weight each skill has within the sim engine would be really helpful. I have asked many good players and I haven't heard any of them able to tell me how the clock ticks. Maybe in the future the information will be out there.

@eaglesfan036 has done a few articles in the past on the statistical evaluation of each individual attribute, and how they correspond to player production. If I weren't on Mac and potentially wasting my time with the sim engine (I can run the client file, but it took a few hours to figure out and it works at only the most basic level, so I have doubts about whether I could ever make the engine work), I'd certainly run my own experiments as I've got a few ideas of my own. I'll keep it a "maybe someday" thing for now, though.