Calgary Wranglers: Season 41

ZsXsIWu.png&key=2ad449ca6625f843b5cf7d8a

GM: Jason Glasser (1080/547/456/67/1,181)

Former GM(s): Jardy Bunclewirth (504/172/307/25/369)

Record (after S20): 1,584 GP | 719 W | 763 L | 92 OTL | 1,550 P | 4,621 GF | 5,330 GA

Playoff Record (after S20): 118 GP | 57 W | 47 L | 14 OTL | 3-1 vs TOR, 2-2 vs QUE, 1-1 vs HEL, 1-0 vs DAV, 1-2 SEA, 1-4 vs NYA

Season 41 VHL Entry Draft

Round 2, Pick 19: Matej Nemecek @RoughHands

Trades (Regular Season):

To IhclZ49.png
(S35) D - Tony Stark
(S37) LW - Jakob Linholm

To YTzfe5K.png
S43 RIG 2nd (D Golden Jedtsson)

Quebec City Meute GM: Clinton Chevy @Kesler
Calgary Wranglers GM: Jason Glasser @diamond_ace

Just a late 2nd round pick named Nemecek was all the Wranglers got through the draft in S41. It looks like more of the same after the trade of Tony Stark and Jakob Linholm in Season 41 as these two players were traded for a S43 RIG 2nd.

Season 40 Regular Season - 72 GP | 41 W | 28 L | 3 OTL | 85 P | 249 GF | 222 GA

The Wranglers actually improved on this season despite trading away a few players who helped them get to where they were. Martin Brookside was another huge part in the Wranglers staying where they are. Lukas Nyqvist had a huge season in which he scored 50 goals and had 121 points. Andrew Erikson also broke the 100 point mark which was a huge surprise for these two players considering they were mostly depth players. They are a couple of oddball players to reach the 100 point mark in VHL history. Brookside went 38-23-3 with a 0.922 save percentage and a 2.82 G.A.A with 3 shutouts. Overall, they were just good enough to beat out the Toronto Legion for the last playoff spot. They were once again 6/6 in playoff team standings. They were the only team not to break 90 points.

Season 41 Playoffs - 5 GP | 1 W | 4 L | 0 OTL - 1-4 vs QUE

The Wranglers and Meute meet in the Playoffs for the 2nd straight year. There is no sugar coating this one though, the Wranglers were just no match for the Meute this season and were easily dispatched 4 games to 1. The teams traded wins in Quebec as QUE won game 1, 3-1 while CGY won game 2, 3-2. The next 3 games weren't that close at all with QUE winning by a combined score of 17-9. Hurley had himself a great series with 4 goals and 4 assists for 8 points in the 5 games.

Trades (off-season):

To YTzfe5K.png
S43 COL 1st (D Theo Matsikas)
S43 QUE 2nd (G Roland Rengel)

To ewqJmFW.png
(S36) G - Martin Brookside

Calgary Wranglers GM: Austin Gow @eaglesfan036
Cologne Express GM: Ryan Power @Devise

To YTzfe5K.png
(S37) LW - Dexter Morgan

To IhclZ49.png
S42 CGY 4th (Pass)

Calgary Wranglers GM: Austin Gow
Quebec City Meute GM: Clinton Chevy

To YTzfe5K.png
(S35) D - Edwin Encarnacion's rights

To HPp8LLs.png
S44 CGY 4th (Forfeited)

Calgary Wranglers GM: Austin Gow
Stockholm Vikings GM: Benoit Prévost @boubabi

It was a huge shift in power for the Wranglers as for the first time in 1,080 games, they will have a new GM as Jason Glasser stepped down and was subsequently traded to the Cologne Express by his successor in Austin Gow. Gow then preceded to make a few more trades and to be honest, I would say he won those trades as the picks traded away were not used and he managed to get a 1st and 2nd round pick for Brookside.

Awards:

N/A

Overall:

Lukas Nyqvist moves up to 24th all time with 166 points after his huge season @Motzaburger. Andrew Erikson also breaks the 100 point mark with 148 career points. These two become the 30th and 31st players to break 100 career points with the Wranglers. Kez Kincaid and Hurley have had fine 1st seasons with the Wrangers coming in at 91 and 85 points. Tony Stark moves up to 23rd all time before being traded and ends his Wrangler career with 174 points, tied with Gabriel Cedarland. Jarome Iginla pulls double duty playing in both the VHL and NHL puts up 81 points in his rookie VHL season. Linholm puts up 77 points in 48 games before being traded to the Meute. LaMichael Charmander puts up a measly 7 points in 70 games. Nobody on this team breaks 10 playoff points, Nyqvist has 9. Martin Brookside moves up to 2nd in most goalie categories @diamond_ace. Brookside plays the most games in playoffs history with 23 but has only 8 wins.

it's so weird how much specific detail I remember with all these trades despite it being years ago

Traded Brookside to Devise and I remember basing that trade off of previous rental goalie trades in the past few seasons and saying something along those lines in my negotiations with @Devise

I traded a potato for Edwin's rights and don't believe I signed him

And Dexter Morgan I think was some guy in the military who I was hoping would return to activity at some point