Team Europe names GM for WJC

Greg_Di

europe GIF

Team Europe for the World Junior Championships today announced their GM. They are happy with their selection and look forward to a great tournament.

The GM of Team Europe will be GM Greg who last season took Team Asia to a bronze medal finish in the WJC. It is rumored that Asia wanted Greg back but he couldn’t turn down the offer from Europe as he is from Poland.

“ I know Asia wanted me back and I am thankful for them in starting off my GM career but there is nothing better then joining a team where you came from “ Said Greg “ I was born in Poland and its an honor being named GM of the European team. I wish Asia all the best in this tournament!”

The European WJC Committee is expecting another gold medal this year and Europe should have a great opportunity to achieve that once again. Their biggest competitors will be Team Canada and Team USA.

“ I believe we have a lot of talent on this team and a lot of depth. We had so many great players to choose from that we even loaned some out to Team World and Team Asia” Said Greg “European players have a bright future in the VHL and with this tournament we will showcase our talents. Anything less then a gold medal will be a huge disappointment”

On paper, Europe looks very solid in both offense and defense. There is a little worry in the goalie department as Europe has the lowest TPE for goalies but GM Greg is not worried at all.

“ On paper we may look like we have the weakest goal-tending but I don’t think that’s true. The starter that we have chosen has been playing great and I know he will shine once put onto the world stage, we also have a great backup who will also get a game or two in “ Greg said “ I have 100% trust in our goalies and our team”

GM Greg has also said that the announcement of the roster for Team Europe will be coming over the next little while.

Everyone that has seen the roster agrees that Greg has put together a great team of some of the best young prospects Europe has to offer. Once the announcement is made, players will be made available to Team Europe to start practicing and bonding with their new team-mates.

“ I intend to play a fast paced, high scoring game with this team “ Said Greg on the selections “ All these guys are the best of the best of European prospects and they all have very high skill. I intend to use tactics and line combinations that suits the type of style these guys offer”

If Greg was able to take Asia to a bronze last season with his tactics then we can’t wait to see what he has in store for a more high skilled team with Europe.

Tune in to the WJC to see how far Europe can go and to see a showcase of some of the best Europe has to offer.