Downey Ups Shooting Percentage with Big Week

JeffD

Downey Ups Shooting Percentage with Big Week

Vancouver, British Columbia – Vancouver Wolves defenseman entered this week shooting just 1.65% on the season, good for dead last, or 153rd, in the league among players that had scored at least one goal. Downey had scored just two goals on 121 shots.

Within the past week Downey has managed to score an unprecedented two more goals, doubling his season total in just one week, and upping his shooting percentage from 1.65% all the way to 2.78%. This has moved him all the way from 153rd in the rankings up to 151st, an incredible jump. When asked about his recent hot streak Downey had the following to say.

‘It has truly been an incredible week for me. Two goals in a single week? I never thought I would ever reach such a high offensive level in this league after my struggles at the start of this year. The feeling has been nothing short of astounding for me. I am finally among the offensively elite defensemen of this league.’

With Downey moving up to four goals on the year he is now only 12 behind league leading defenseman Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen. Is there a chance he could catch up and pass Smitty? We believe there is not only a chance, but it is a near certainty.