Unsung Hero: Roadkill Steve

NotAVHLM-GM

When you look at SportsCenter you always see the flashy high scoring forwards getting the attention reels, rarely you see an action of a more defensive player that does not score a lot. One of those low scoring players was Roadkill Steve in his first season with the San Diego Marlins.

As a rookie in the VHLM he was a minus 17 and had only 33 points. This was enough for him to get drafted by the Calgary Wranglers 42nd overall in the S68 VHL draft, but he has been ignored by the franchise since and now two seasons later he is still suiting up for the Marlins. In the meantime Roadkill Steve is no longer the hard working player that is ignored, but he has evolved in one of the main goalscorers for this San Diego team. In his sophomore season he saw an improvement of 95 points! And it’s not just that, his minus 17 also transformed in a plus 19 in the second season he played.

While it is still only minor league hockey and it wont catch the fancy VHL highlight reels, but Roadkill Steve is a player that deserves more attention then he gets. Despite being buried in the minors you will never hear him complain and he is a real team player next to that as well. When  looking at Roadkill you know he might spent more time with the Marlins as he has capped out at 250 training hours, which is the maximum of the VHLM. This gives the San Diego fans hope that he will also be with them for a fourth season in a role, a true franchise hero.

In his third season his numbers may have gone down a bit compared to his sophomore year, but he still is a welcome guest in any party that has been given, because Roadkill Steve is not just a hero on the ice, he is also the Marlins their party king. No keg will be able to withstand the fury of Roadkill when he is on a party. If there’s a keg, he will empty it, if there are more kegs, he will empty them, there is no stopping his rage.

Rumor goes that one time Roadkill Steve went home drunk from a party and actually hit a moose on his way home. Since Roadkill doesn’t drive small cars, his 4 x 4 offroad truck had no troubles decimating the poor animal. It died instantly. The car was fine, but the moose was heavily injured. And since it was snowing outside, the poor animal would probably be freezing.  So the good guy that he is, he took off his jacket and lay it over the moose, so he wouldn’t freeze to death.

Helpful actions like these, make Roadkill not only a hero on but off the ice, so I’m glad we finally could tell his story so the world would get to see what a huge hero Roadkill Steve actually is.

The moose and the jacket were never seen again, so we assume they made it out alive, all thanks to the unsung hero: Roadkill Steve

@stevo

9 minutes ago, OrbitingDeath said:

I believe in you! 

gonna be difficult. i should be at 270+ points after this season, plus 6 more season of a 100+ points... so it's most likely rather something around 900 points at the end

Just now, stevo said:

gonna be difficult. i should be at 270+ points after this season, plus 6 more season of a 100+ points... so it's most likely rather something around 900 points at the end

Still a great score to be honest, I would give you bonus points for how you helped the moose after you hit him with the car :D