First Annual VHL Charity Drive!

Beketov

• Commissioner

dnEguPQ.png

Hello  @Members!

’Tis the season of giving and while the VHL is doing it’s part for you all with our 12 Days of Christmas Extravaganza we thought that as a league, we could be doing more. That is why we are announcing today the first of what will hopefully be an annual VHL Charity Drive!

What does this mean? It means as a league we’re opening up our hearts, and wallets, to those in need this holiday season. Specifically the league has chosen the Make a Wish foundation as it’s charity this season and we are asking you all for donations. All proceeds from this will go directly to the charity with the VHL taking 0% off the top, none of it comes to us.

So how does this work? A topic has been opened in our donation section and can be found HERE. When you donate just post your confirmation ID in there so we can add it to our total and not confuse it with regular VHL donations. This of course does not fall under the “one per season” donation rule since it isn’t for the VHL. For a donation of $5 or more (you can donate as much or as little as you'd like) you’ll earn 3 TPE. Donating more does not earn you more but it is obviously welcome. In addition, everyone who donates will be entered into a raffle for some extra prizes at the end that aren't TPE based but should be fun. Don’t think we aren’t doing our part as well though. As a thank you for your generosity, the league will match the sum of total donations of all members up to $200 so the more you all donate, the more we will donate. In addition, if the league matching is maxed out (aka if league donations get to at least $200) all members, regardless of if they donated or not, will receive a free doubles week.

Donations can be made to the league using our normal link which we will sum up (with proof of amounts) and donate in full to the charity  likely around New Years, again with proof of amounts. However if you’d like to donate on your own directly to the charity in order to get a tax receipt (which the league cannot legally supply) you can provide proof of that as well and we will count it the same as a donation through us. In addition to this, if you'd like to donate to a different charity that’s alright as well. Again, simply provide us with proof and we’ll count it for your rewards and our matching.

I would like to thank @Banackock for the original idea behind this, I certainly hope it can become a yearly thing. I would also like to thank @gorlab for the above logo as well as @Motzaburger for one he made but we aren’t using for this announcement specifically.

Happy Holidays everyone,

@Commissioner

@Admin

@BOG

• Commissioner
52 minutes ago, Steve said:

Very good idea. We should have started this a few weeks ago but I support this on many levels. Great path to take. Job well done.

Yeah, we were trying to work out the details. In future years it’ll be up earlier since we’ll really just need to pick a charity.

51 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Yeah, we were trying to work out the details. In future years it’ll be up earlier since we’ll really just need to pick a charity.

I will be more prepared next year. Being on a fixed income ties your hands but with enough notice, it isn't any problem. 

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Berocka said:

Is a $5 donation to our local make a wish (Australian) still allowed?

Yup, doesn’t even have to be Make a Wish if you don’t want it to be. Any charity is alright so long as you provide proof. Just happens that we needed to pick one for the league to give to.

People should check with their employers, many companies will match charitable donations to a certain amount if you make it through the company. Could be a way to get more bang for your buck.

Also, I think it would be a cool idea to have people write donation articles championing their favorite charity. That way, come next year, there can be a whole list of charities for people to choose from if they can't think of one on their own. And those charities may have direct ties to our friends in this community.

6 hours ago, DMaximus said:

Also, I think it would be a cool idea to have people write donation articles championing their favorite charity. That way, come next year, there can be a whole list of charities for people to choose from if they can't think of one on their own. And those charities may have direct ties to our friends in this community.

Gonna use that idea for my doubles week article

Can someone remind me of this on Sunday? I'll prob throw some toward the big Make A Wish one and some toward PARCA (rhino conservation, that I've given to before). A bit charity'd out over the last few weeks (my sister and I came up with an agreement to buy each other charity donations toward each other's preference, so I shipped $100 out to a kid with cancer in her area, plus we did a United Way thing at work as well - $5/check for a year, so it'll end up being $130) but for something like this, I can always squeeze out a bit more. Just won't have time to sit and figure it out until Sunday

On 12/27/2019 at 5:11 AM, diamond_ace said:

Can someone remind me of this on Sunday?

@diamond_ace it's Sunday my dude.  (hopefully you actually wanted someone to remind you otherwise this will be a tag that will just annoy you)

1 hour ago, Garsh said:

@diamond_ace it's Sunday my dude.  (hopefully you actually wanted someone to remind you otherwise this will be a tag that will just annoy you)

No I did, this is good. Just got up, will work on this in a bit

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, diamond_ace said:

2019-12-30 (2).png

1 hour ago, diamond_ace said:

2019-12-30 (4).png

Check the OP. If you want to make sure it gets counted there’s a different topic to post your proof in.