VHLM Playoff Predictions

Erik Summers

VHLM Playoff Predictions

With the VHLM playoffs quickly approaching, I'm going to bless you with my predictions.

The First Round

Saskatoon Vs Yukon - Sadly, for Yukon, I don't think there is an possible result here besides the sweep. They are out-manned at every position, no contest.

Mississauga Vs Ottawa - UPSET ALERT!!! This series is a trap. Shawn Glade Jr. and... Wait, who else is on the roster in Ottawa? It doesn't matter.  In the ultimate irony, after failing to go deep in the playoffs last season due to their lack of goal tending, Mississauga is going to lose to the team without a goalie.

Mexico City Vs San Diego - Four games to one, Mexico City is going to take the series. San Diego was the cartel's personal punching bag all year and that isn't going to stop now.

Philadelphia Vs Halifax - Philly is sneaky good. I don't think Halisux stands a chance. If you want to bet on a darkhorse to win it all, bet on the Reapers.

The Second Round

Saskatoon Vs Philadelphia - I, on the other hand, am not betting on Philly. I expect the Wild to win the series, but don't be surprised when the Reapers push this series to six or seven games.

Mexico City Vs Ottawa - Mexico City should be happy that Philadelphia was on the other side of the bracket this season, because they struggled to beat them all season. Luckily, the Lynx don't have nearly as strong of a match-up against the Kings. Expect the Kings to take this in five games again.

The Finals

Saskatoon vs Mexico City - This is going to be a very close series. Saskatoon is the clear favorite here, but Mexico City has made a huge improvement in net late in the season. At the same time, Saskatoon started to show some cracks. This isn't enough to swing the odds in the King's favor, but I still believe that they have a reasonable chance.