Ranking the S61 1st round

Big Mac

So the title of the spot here, makes it pretty simple, so I don’t think I have anything to explain. I’m just gonna rank all the members of the S61, if they’re not in the portal I’m not ranking them plain and simple, so without further ado here we go, and yeah one last things they will either be ranked  **good**, **bust**, or **steal**. 

1. Matt Thompson - There’s really nothing wrong with this pick, he ended up being a generational talent who scored 150 points. He’s a Seattle legend, and is in the Hall of Fame. In 576 games he had 422 goals and 403 assists for 825 points. He's 2nd in the class in terms of points, and he’s one of the greatest. All that being said I’d say he’s a **good**.

2. Samuel Gate - So Gate was the 2nd pick in the draft, and seeing how the first pick went you’d think this guy would be generational if not at least a hall-of-famer, but no while he wasn’t generational or a hall-of-famer, but he was fairly solid and was an amazing talent in his final season with Seattle, and maybe you can make a case for it, but that’s where I have him. Just to show you Gate's stats, in 432 games he had 67 goals, 321 assists, for 388 points. So considering all these things I’d say he’s **good**.

3. Podrick Cast - Podrick, Podrick, Podrick, easily one of the best players we’ve seen with a career high of 174 points, that’s simply insane, but it’s been said that scoring was very high, but he just happened to be the highest of the high. In my opinion he’s the best player here, and his career totals agree with me, and here are the numbers. In 576 games Cast had 379 goals, 467 assists, and 846 points in his career. According to the portal Cast, is the 3rd highest player on the TPE leaderboard. So considering all of these facts, I was on the horizon of steal, but went with **good**.

4. Roger Sterling - Roger Sterling wasn’t a bad player, but I don’t know if he should’ve been 4th overall. He had solid starting stats, but I don’t know about 4th...but he still did get a good/crazy amount of wins, like that guy won and won and won. He’s fairly high on the tpe leaderboards in the class though, and some goalies are just hated by the sims, and Roger, might be that guy, and of course it hurts that he never got the cup. So stating all of these I’ll go with my first **bust**.

5. Arvid Aamo - So this pick honestly looking back was terrible, but I can see the mindset of this pick later, compared to the others he had a good amount of tpe for a draftee. Although this guy was on his drafted team for two year, and remember he’s a goalie so these guys sometimes are rare to come buy. So you’d think just maybe this change to a new team would be a really good one, hah noooooooo. That was nonexistent, he went from a winning season right to a terrible season, and he never played in a vhl regular season game again. So considering it was 3 seasons, I’d 'sadly' have to say this one is a **bust**.

6. Edwin Preencarnacion - So this guy should honestly be the 3rd or the 4th pick, and considering the others above him it’s insane to think he’s not a top 2 pick, but that’s the reality of this Draft Class. He was apart of that great scoring effect in S62, and he had 140 points, and I’m back to recording the stats, and in 504 games, he had 303 goals, and 338 assists, and 641 points. Tagged hasn’t disappeared from the vhl season at all as he actually has the leading tpe prospect in this draft class (S70), and maybe I’ll make a MS or Article on that class. So considering everything he’s done I’ll have to say that he’s our first **steal**. 

7. Robert Malenko - Yikes, this guy is a pretty controversial figure pennypenny, a guy who’s gotten banned from the VHL discord server indefinitely, but that’s got nothing to do with his player so now to talk about his player. Malenko was really offensively sound for a defensemen, and that S62 season didn’t even get his top 2 highest scoring season, and he scored a lot of points that season with 72 points, and his career high is 106 points, and I’d just like to throw in he nearly reached 1000 shots blocked which is pretty crazy just thinking about it. So in 504 games he had 133 goals, and 377 assists, for 510 points just over a career point per game, and he recently finished his career with a season with D.C. In my opinion he’s the best defensemen in the draft, some people might wanna argue about that, and unlike Gate he actually won a cup. So now considering everything (besides the controversy part) I’d say he’s a **good** pick. 

8. Sergei Kovalev - This has to be the biggest downfall, so let’s talk about this 91 points in that juiced S62 season, and then it was downhill from there, and I get going downhill from S62 almost everyone here went down that way. He also had terrible defensive game, it’s not a terrible pick all things considered, but things could’ve went down better, but now for the stats in 360 games, he had 139 goals, and 160 assists, for 299 points, and looking at career points you probably think it’s not that bad, but given it’s not a ton of games, and he mainly banked off of that S62 season nearly hitting 100 points, now all things considered he’s a  **bust**. Just to clarify I was considering making a meh just for him cause his player is kinda vanilla, but I settled for bust not a bad rookie year. 

Now that, that is all out of the way I’d like to thank everyone who read this entire thing, and I’d just like to say thank you for reading this whole thing, and enjoy the rest of your day

tags: @Victor, @Beketov, @Tagger, @street, @pennypenny, @Will, @Laflamme

• Admin

I've personally assessed Thompson to be superior based on actually hitting people and showing up in the playoffs, but thank you nonetheless. 

Was a decent little draft, the first bright spark of hope for the league if I may say so myself.

30 minutes ago, Victor said:

I've personally assessed Thompson to be superior based on actually hitting people and showing up in the playoffs, but thank you nonetheless. 

Was a decent little draft, the first bright spark of hope for the league if I may say so myself.

Yeah I’ll admit that I should’ve probably given Thompson more credit 

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Big Mac said:

Yeah I’ll admit that I should’ve probably given Thompson more credit 

Agreed :P 

Best Playoff performer to never win a Kanou in my completely biased opinion. That would make an interesting article actually.

20 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Agreed :P 

Best Playoff performer to never win a Kanou in my completely biased opinion. That would make an interesting article actually.

Lol I’d make it tbh since I’m making a weeks worth of articles and stuff like that to prepare me for my unban on updating

• Commissioner
38 minutes ago, Victor said:

Well why don't ya fackin write it then :P

Me writing an MS, good god you wouldn’t want to see that mess. Probably wouldn’t be too bad to research though. Just take a gander at the stats of the people on your “top playoff performer” list and see if any of them don’t have a Kanou.

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Me writing an MS, good god you wouldn’t want to see that mess. Probably wouldn’t be too bad to research though. Just take a gander at the stats of the people on your “top playoff performer” list and see if any of them don’t have a Kanou.

Pretty much yeah. Although I suspect there will be a few who didn't make the top 10 and also qualify, but then that's what the playoff stats are for. So yeah, wouldn't be a difficult one to pull together.

Certainly not worse than every nation's greatest ever player fuck I need to write part 2 soon....

• 2 weeks later...