San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. We are just 3 and 4 points back of the top two spots in the standings with a game in hand. What can we do to gain the upper hand?

2. We put up our second win of the season against Ottawa last week. How did that feel?

3. We are currently on a 9 game winning streak and have won 14 of our last 15. How have we been able to be so dominant?

4. We have scored over 200 goals on the season while the next closest has 186. Can we make it to 300 by the end of the season?

5. Roque Davis and Kyl Oferson are on pace for 170+ point seasons while Roadkill Steve is on pace for 160+ and UIhtred on pace for 150. How many will be able to keep up to that pace?

6. With half a season left to go, who will be our biggest rival and/or toughest competition the rest of the way?

4 hours ago, fever95 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. We are just 3 and 4 points back of the top two spots in the standings with a game in hand. What can we do to gain the upper hand?

2. We put up our second win of the season against Ottawa last week. How did that feel?

3. We are currently on a 9 game winning streak and have won 14 of our last 15. How have we been able to be so dominant?

4. We have scored over 200 goals on the season while the next closest has 186. Can we make it to 300 by the end of the season?

5. Roque Davis and Kyl Oferson are on pace for 170+ point seasons while Roadkill Steve is on pace for 160+ and UIhtred on pace for 150. How many will be able to keep up to that pace?

6. With half a season left to go, who will be our biggest rival and/or toughest competition the rest of the way?

1. All we have to do is play how we been playing. Our team has been outstanding and I think if we keep it up we will be in first by the end of the season.

2. It feels amazing, they are a great team and we got the win over them. It can’t get much better than that.

3. We play as a team and fight until the very end. None of us give up and everyone is contributing.

4. I am 99% sure we will get to 330 by the end of the season at least. There is no way we don’t pass 300. 

5. They will all keep it up. I have no doubt in them that they will be on fire for the rest of the season. 

6. I think Ottawa and Minnesota since they are the only ones ahead of us. We can definitely beat them and I have no doubt that we will be in first place by the end of the season.

Just keep playing the way we are now.  We are not letting up on the opposition during this run.  We've outshot teams consistently and if we keep doing that the wins will keep coming. 

It felt amazing and it shows that we are serious contenders.  We have some great players on this team and we are all working to achieve the cup. 

We play well together.  We have two solid lines that can dominate the opposition.  If one line has an off night the other line kills it.   We also keep the pressure on the opposition at all times. 

I think so.  We have some great goal scorers on this team and none of us our afraid to shoot.   Just by sheer volume we should be able to keep scoring.  We tire goalies out. Like the great one said you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. 

The other three should keep the pass but not sure on my player.  I am very streaky so if a bunch of cold streaks come my way I won't. 

I'd say probably Minnesota as they have an excellent goalie.  We have such a great offense but sometimes a great goalie can win games on his own.  

1. We are just 3 and 4 points back of the top two spots in the standings with a game in hand. What can we do to gain the upper hand? - That's an easy one: just keep winning! We've won eleven games in a row right now and it seems like the entire team is clicking. If we continue to play like this, no one will be able to stop us. 

2. We put up our second win of the season against Ottawa last week. How did that feel? - It was fantastic. Ottawa always seems to have an excuse for why they lost to us, but this time they were left holding the bag while we got the two points. That one really felt good. 

3. We are currently on a 9 game winning streak and have won 14 of our last 15. How have we been able to be so dominant? - This winning streak is a culmination of everyone's hard work paying off. Roadkill Steve has started playing like an absolute animal, Davis and Oferson continue to produce at unreal levels, Uhtred has really found his game now and our unsung players are really starting to feel it now too. Ike Bennett has been a solid player all season, but wasn't putting up points. We stuck behind him, believed in him and now Ike is showing us what kind of player he really is and we're so proud of him for sticking with it. JaredN has also really improved, especially defensively. He's really stabilized our second line's defensive play and I truly believe that's what allowed that line to explode. 

4. We have scored over 200 goals on the season while the next closest has 186. Can we make it to 300 by the end of the season? - We've got just under half a season to go and we're hitting our stride now. Book it!

5. Roque Davis and Kyl Oferson are on pace for 170+ point seasons while Roadkill Steve is on pace for 160+ and UIhtred on pace for 150. How many will be able to keep up to that pace? - Roque and Kyl have been dominating like that all season, don't expect that to stop at all. Steve and Uhtred have also played well all year and I think we're only just starting to see what they can do when they're on top of their game. It's gonna be a rough back nine for the rest of the league. 

6. With half a season left to go, who will be our biggest rival and/or toughest competition the rest of the way? - Jaxx Hextall and the Minnesota Storm are going to be tough to beat in a four game series, that's for sure. Ottawa isn't bad at all themselves, but the way we're playing, we feel we can beat anyone. But as long as we stay focused and play our best hockey, we know we're the ones to beat. 

• 2 weeks later...

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. We just signed Jungkok for the rest of the season and playoffs. What impact will he have as a Marlin?

2. We are 4-1-1 against Ottawa this season. A team once regarded as the Founder’s Cup favourite. How does that feel to put a winning record up against them?

3. On the other hand, we are 1-5-0 against Minnesota. What can we do to improve our record against them?

4. 5 of the top 6 VHLM point scorers are all Marlins. Can we overtake number 5 and have the top 5 in the M by the end of the season?

5. Thomas Landry II is the hits leader as of now with a 10+ hit lead on second best. How many hits will he finish the season with?

6. With the season winding down, we have now taken over second place in the VHLM. Do we have enough time left to overtake first place?

1. We just signed Jungkok for the rest of the season and playoffs. What impact will he have as a Marlin? - A little extra firepower never hurt anyone, and as a waiver pickup last season, he's got the potential to make a pretty big impact. We've got quality scorers on the ice at all times and Jungkok can be one of them.

2. We are 4-1-1 against Ottawa this season. A team once regarded as the Founder’s Cup favourite. How does that feel to put a winning record up against them? - In order to be the man, you gotta beat the man. We've certainly matched up well with them and to be doing that well against a top team like Ottawa says a lot about the team you've got. 

3. On the other hand, we are 1-5-0 against Minnesota. What can we do to improve our record against them? - To be the man, you gotta beat the man. So far, Minnesota has been the only team to consistently slow us down, and they've got enough firepower of their own to win games. Jaxx Hextall is an absolute monster, in my opinion he is the best goalie in the VHLM right now. I really feel like not drafting him when he was available will come to haunt us, but you know what? We've played them hard every game, so I know we can take the Storm. The playoffs are a whole different animal, so maybe there we can get those breaks we haven't gotten so far against Minnesota. 

4. 5 of the top 6 VHLM point scorers are all Marlins. Can we overtake number 5 and have the top 5 in the M by the end of the season? - Well, I'm only two points behind, so sure can! As long as I can keep playing my game, the sky is the limit. This is the best hockey I've played in my life and I don't intend to slow down!

5. Thomas Landry II is the hits leader as of now with a 10+ hit lead on second best. How many hits will he finish the season with? - My hit totals are going down a little since I've been getting my offensive numbers up, but I'm still playing a physical game. I've hit every goal I set for myself this season except for one: reaching 300 hits. It's a number my father hit several times in the VHL, so to come out in my first full season and reach that number would be incredible. 

6. With the season winding down, we have now taken over second place in the VHLM. Do we have enough time left to overtake first place? - We're close right now, but I don't see Minnesota losing that many, hell, if any, games. There is zero margin of error for us, and we've got to really take advantage of every break we get. Another loss to Minnesota will all but ensure they're taking the top seed. To me, as long as we make the playoffs, anything can happen. First, second, eighth. As long as we're lifting the Founder's Cup, I don't care how we get there, just as long as we make the journey. 

1. We just signed Jungkok for the rest of the season and playoffs. What impact will he have as a Marlin?

He should have a great impact.  He increases our depth and can be another goal scorer to help us to a cup.  I was a free agent signing last year and I think I helped the wild win a cup in my limited role I was able to score some big goals and there no reason he can't as well. 

2. We are 4-1-1 against Ottawa this season. A team once regarded as the Founder’s Cup favourite. How does that feel to put a winning record up against them?

It feels great although regular season success means nothing once the playoffs hit.  Years ago the Sens would kill the leafs and then the leafs would win in the playoffs,  let's hope that doesn't happen. 

3. On the other hand, we are 1-5-0 against Minnesota. What can we do to improve our record against them?

We just need to put the puck in the net.  We have outshot them a number of times and just couldn't score.  Hopefully we are the leafs vs the Sens I mentioned in the last question 

4. 5 of the top 6 VHLM point scorers are all Marlins. Can we overtake number 5 and have the top 5 in the M by the end of the season?

Yes we can.  Landry is on fire lately and I've added some more scoring so hopefully I can stay in the top 5. 

5. Thomas Landry II is the hits leader as of now with a 10+ hit lead on second best. How many hits will he finish the season with?

Thomas says his goal is 300 so I'll go with that.  He will be the key to any playoff success as he's physical and can score. 

6. With the season winding down, we have now taken over second place in the VHLM. Do we have enough time left to overtake first place?

As much as I'd like to catch them I don't think it's likely.   We will need to be almost perfect to catch them down the stretch.   We just need to play well going into the playoffs and then bring the cup to San Diego 

On 2/19/2020 at 10:56 PM, fever95 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. We just signed Jungkok for the rest of the season and playoffs. What impact will he have as a Marlin?

2. We are 4-1-1 against Ottawa this season. A team once regarded as the Founder’s Cup favourite. How does that feel to put a winning record up against them?

3. On the other hand, we are 1-5-0 against Minnesota. What can we do to improve our record against them?

1. We will have another reliable player. We can use a little extra if we can. 

2. It feels amazing. We are playing lights out this season. It is fun to be apart of a winning team and a enjoyable team. 

3. We need to play smart and not give up so many goals. I think we need a strategy. 

4. Definitely we can. We are playing amazing, scoring so many goals in a game. I have no doubt that we will not get all five. 

5. By the end of the season I think it will not even be a race and he will out hit everyone on the list. 

6. I think we have a chance but it is slim only because our record against them. We are playing amazing so no one should count us out yet. 

Win more than they do

Awesome, fuck Ottawa

Cause we are better than everyone and shit's clicking rn

We've already made it to 300 lmao

Probably Davis and Uhtred

Minnesota for sure, too many high TPE players

• Commissioner

Absolute beauty in the locker room, I'm sure he'll have a huge impact and a morale boost as we head into the late stages of the season and playoffs.

It's a huge confidence boost to put up strong numbers against a great team. It also shows we can win a series against them.

Our team is amazing when we can maintain strong puck control through out the game, we just have to shore up defensively against them and maintain composure.

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. With just five games remaining on the regular season schedule, we are doing our best to hunt down Minnesota for that top spot in the standings. We are 4 points back with 10 possible points remaining. Can we do it?

2. With the playoffs looming, we will face either Halifax, Las Vegas or Mexico City in the opening round. Who would you rather face and why?

3. We have had some long win streaks over the course of the season. Can we string together 5 more wins to conclude the regular season and carry that into the playoffs?

4. What team are you most concerned about facing off against in the playoffs and why?

5. Which player on our roster has the potential to become our go to guy in the clutch during our playoff run?

6. Have you achieved any personal goals that you set for yourself this season?

1. With just five games remaining on the regular season schedule, we are doing our best to hunt down Minnesota for that top spot in the standings. We are 4 points back with 10 possible points remaining. Can we do it? - To me, it's not a matter of us winning, it's about Minnesota losing. We get one chance to beat them, but I don't see them losing to any of their other opponents. First place would be nice, but I'd rather finish first in the post-season. That's going to be our goal now. 

2. With the playoffs looming, we will face either Halifax, Las Vegas or Mexico City in the opening round. Who would you rather face and why? - Halifax, for the sole reason that Komarov is on that team. With all the issues he had with our team, I stuck my neck out to help him and he continued to be an unnecessary distraction. I just hope he remembers to keep his head up around me. 

3. We have had some long win streaks over the course of the season. Can we string together 5 more wins to conclude the regular season and carry that into the playoffs? - Momentum is pretty important, and with Ottawa right behind us in the standings, that would be huge. We're capable of hanging with and beating anyone, but Minnesota will of course be the big test. 

4. What team are you most concerned about facing off against in the playoffs and why? - We have struggled against Minnesota all year, and you just know that the round to the Founder's Cup will go right through them. Jaxx Hextall isn't about to let anyone light up the scoreboard on his watch and they play a suffocating brand of hockey to go with it. We've had bad luck, it's not like we're getting our doors blown off by the Storm. We'll just have to work a little harder to get those breaks to go our way. 

5. Which player on our roster has the potential to become our go to guy in the clutch during our playoff run? - To me, Kyl Oferson is going to be the guy that delivers those big goals to jump-start this team. He's still got the best shot in the entire VHLM, so it'll be up to us to make sure that potential isn't wasted. 

6. Have you achieved any personal goals that you set for yourself this season? - 30 goals, check. 40 assists, check. 300 hits, check. The Founder's Cup is all that's left now. 

On 2/26/2020 at 3:54 AM, fever95 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. With just five games remaining on the regular season schedule, we are doing our best to hunt down Minnesota for that top spot in the standings. We are 4 points back with 10 possible points remaining. Can we do it?

2. With the playoffs looming, we will face either Halifax, Las Vegas or Mexico City in the opening round. Who would you rather face and why?

3. We have had some long win streaks over the course of the season. Can we string together 5 more wins to conclude the regular season and carry that into the playoffs?

4. What team are you most concerned about facing off against in the playoffs and why?

5. Which player on our roster has the potential to become our go to guy in the clutch during our playoff run?

1. It is a slim chance because minnesota is doing well as of late. I am hoping we can, and if not we just kill it in the playoffs.

2. Mexico, because my friend Alex is on the team and they are not to good this year. It will be a quick sweep. :)

3. We can do it, we have got a very high streak so I don’t doubt it. I am happy with 2nd but if we get 1st I will be even more happy. The playoffs is where it count. 

4. Ottawa and minnesota because I think against Minnesota we are like 1-50 and they are good this year at 1st place in the standings. Ottawa is a good team but I am almost positive we can handle them. 

5. We have a lot of guys to count on. We do have the top 5 scores in the VHLM on our team, so I think we are going to be fine. 

6. I didn’t set my self a goal, I just wanted to do better than my rookie year. I did a lot better than last year. 

It would be nice to catch them but it's not possible now.  A few days ago I still would've said no but now it's sealed 

Halifax for the same reason as doomsday.  Great to beat that strange komarov character. 

We have been on a great role and we will look to take that into the playoffs.  We have an excellent chance to win every night but Minnesota continues to be our challenge.  I feel we can beat anyone in a 7 game series. 

Minnesota as we've had a tough time against them this season.  They have an excellent goalie which can enable them to shut down or explosive offense from time to time.  I'm thinking it will be hard to shut us down over multiple game in a row. 

I'd say Landry as he's a tough physical player who can also score.  That's a perfect type of player to lead you to success in the playoffs. 

never would have thought to score 2 points a game with over 60 goals.  Was hoping to score 50 and get over the century mark in points. 

On 2/26/2020 at 1:54 AM, fever95 said:

Bit late to respond but even then I would have said probably not, its not easy to catch the best. But at the end of the day, the playoffs is where it matters

Out of those 3? I'd say Halifax or Mexico for the same reasons as stated earlier by everyone else.

It was definitely a possibility, but sadly not a reality

I wouldnt say concerned is the right word. Im not worried about anyone. I know we as a team can handle any other team in this league, it just comes down to how bad we want it

Anyone does really, we have an elite group of guys and we can all produce.

This season has been by and far past what I was expecting but I am slightly disappointed that I couldnt hit 100 points this season. But I did win gold with the US and now I hope to win a Cup with SD

I guess we couldn't, we got hot too late into the season

I'd rather have halifax because we've rolled them in previous game

Yeah probably, we have a solid team

Minnesota, they have too many good players

Probably Roadkill Steve, people are sleeping on him, Draisaitl of the league

Yeah lead the league in goals and did much better than Dahlberg

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. We cruised through the first round of the playoffs, sweeping Yukon. How bad do you feel for MexicanCow? ?

2. We outscored Yukon 30-7 in the opening round. Was this as expected or did it come as a bit of a surprise?

3. We will play Ottawa in the second round with a trip to the finals on the line. This will be a much tougher test. What can we do to ensure that we are the ones making that trip?

4. The other semifinal series features Minnesota and Houston. Minnesota is heavily favoured. Will they make quick work of Houston or do you expect a longer series?

5. Uhtred and Roque Davis are 1-2 in playoff points with Oferson, Bennett and Landry all in double digits as well. Is our offensive firepower our biggest weapon?

6. We also have 3 of the top 4 goal scorers in the playoffs courtesy of Oferson, Davis and Landry. How will this balanced scoring attack help us go deeper into the playoffs?

1. We cruised through the first round of the playoffs, sweeping Yukon. How bad do you feel for MexicanCow? ?I mean, it sucks for him, but he's not going to worry about it for long. They're gonna be in a good place next season so I'm sure he's already getting ready to make sure Yukon's next season is a great one. 

2. We outscored Yukon 30-7 in the opening round. Was this as expected or did it come as a bit of a surprise? - It was to be expected for sure. There's a major discrepancy in talent between the top four and bottom four playoff seeds, and unsurprisingly they all ended in sweeps, with the higher seeds winning them all. This was going to happen regardless of who went up against us in the first round. 

3. We will play Ottawa in the second round with a trip to the finals on the line. This will be a much tougher test. What can we do to ensure that we are the ones making that trip? - Keep doing what we've been doing. We've had Ottawa's number all season long and we're as hot as we've ever been. They still are a good team, but we'll see if they've got the horses to take this series from us. 

4. The other semifinal series features Minnesota and Houston. Minnesota is heavily favoured. Will they make quick work of Houston or do you expect a longer series? - Minnesota is a great team, but Houston added a ton of depth at the trade deadline with the new recreates. They're a much deeper team now than they were during the season and I think that's going to make this an interesting series. This definitely isn't a slam dunk of a series for Minnesota, but I still think they'll get the job done. 

5. Uhtred and Roque Davis are 1-2 in playoff points with Oferson, Bennett and Landry all in double digits as well. Is our offensive firepower our biggest weapon? - Just as it has been all season, our offensive abilities are our greatest weapons. Teams that can't defend against our deep talent aren't going to be able to keep up on the score sheet, so as long as we can keep lighting the lamp, the odds are in our favor. 

6. We also have 3 of the top 4 goal scorers in the playoffs courtesy of Oferson, Davis and Landry. How will this balanced scoring attack help us go deeper into the playoffs? - It's one thing for a defense to take away one guy. But when you've got so many forwards that can bury the puck in the net, it gives the defense fits. Double down on covering Oferson? Ike Bennett gets extra room and scores instead. That's how we've made it work all season, and it's going to take perfect defense and more than a bowl of Wheaties in the morning for Ottawa to stop us. 

1. We cruised through the first round of the playoffs, sweeping Yukon. How bad do you feel for MexicanCow?

It sucks for him but I enjoyed it.  I had a great series offensively and hope to continue that in round 2

2. We outscored Yukon 30-7 in the opening round. Was this as expected or did it come as a bit of a surprise?

No,  it was expected.   If you look at how the season went for us we beat up on a lot of the lower teams including Yukon.   Now we need to do the same to the tougher competition 

3. We will play Ottawa in the second round with a trip to the finals on the line. This will be a much tougher test. What can we do to ensure that we are the ones making that trip?

We just have to keep what we've been doing all season and generate a ton of offensive.  We have so many players who can put the puck in the net on this team and we can overwhelm teams with our talent.  If one line has a bit of an off night the other line kicks ass. 

4. The other semifinal series features Minnesota and Houston. Minnesota is heavily favoured. Will they make quick work of Houston or do you expect a longer series?

I Think Minnesota will end up winning the series but it won't be an easy one.  Houston added some depth at the end of the season and that could help with extend the series but I don't think it will put them on top. 

5. Uhtred and Roque Davis are 1-2 in playoff points with Oferson, Bennett and Landry all in double digits as well. Is our offensive firepower our biggest weapon?

Yes I'd say our offense is our biggest weapon.  We had the top 5 scorers in the league so that would show its our top weapon.  We aren't just a one line team either and if they shit down one line the other makes them pay. 

6. We also have 3 of the top 4 goal scorers in the playoffs courtesy of Oferson, Davis and Landry. How will this balanced scoring attack help us go deeper into the playoffs?

It will be the key to us going the distance.   It's hard to defend  us when we have  such elite offensive talent on the ice at all times.   We can wear teams out by coming at them all game long. 

On 3/2/2020 at 3:59 AM, fever95 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. We cruised through the first round of the playoffs, sweeping Yukon. How bad do you feel for MexicanCow? ?

6. We also have 3 of the top 4 goal scorers in the playoffs courtesy of Oferson, Davis and Landry. How will this balanced scoring attack help us go deeper into the playoffs?

1. Next season is his year. I wish he was still apart of this team, but he is always welcome back. 

2. I expected to destroy them. We need to now worry about this round, and keep our focus. We have to go out there fighting and trying our hardest. 

3. We go out there trying our hardest, not giving up. If we play like we did in the regular season, we will be fine. 

4. I think Houston will win at most 1 game. I don’t think Minnesota has it to bad. I am just focusing on how our team is doing. 

5. We do score a lot. We don’t give up to many goals, so I think our whole game is what’s helping us do well.

6. We have a really good shot at going all the way and winning it. We just need to play our game and fight until the end. 

Don't feel bad at all, show no mercy

I'm surprised they got 7

Beat them, score more goals then them, whatever it takes

Minnesota in 5

For sure, we got great scorers all over the ice

Gotta watch out for all the lines

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. During the season, we seemed to have Ottawa's number, sporting a 5-1-1 record against them. Playoffs were a different story and we dropped the series in six games. Why do you think that was?

2. In the regular season series, we were able to outscore the Lynx by a margin of 30-24. During the playoffs, they outscored us 23-21. What happened?

3. After eliminating us, Ottawa went on to meet the Minnesota Storm for the Founder's Cup. They made a series of it, pushing it to six games. Did you expect that or did it come as a surprise?

4. What was the biggest surprise for you during the playoffs?

5. Who should be named playoff MVP in your opinion?

6. What are your plans for the off-season?

1. During the season, we seemed to have Ottawa's number, sporting a 5-1-1 record against them. Playoffs were a different story and we dropped the series in six games. Why do you think that was? - The playoffs are a completely different game, and I think Ottawa was simply better suited for it. They were able to play a physical game, clamp down defensively and as a result they wore us down. They had a great plan for slowing us down and they could not have executed it any better. My hat is off to them for that. 

2. In the regular season series, we were able to outscore the Lynx by a margin of 30-24. During the playoffs, they outscored us 23-21. What happened? - Joakim Bruden, that's what. He played a great series, better than he's done against us all season. In the playoffs, a hot goalie can turn the tide of a series, and that's exactly what he did. 

3. After eliminating us, Ottawa went on to meet the Minnesota Storm for the Founder's Cup. They made a series of it, pushing it to six games. Did you expect that or did it come as a surprise? - I mean, I still expected Minnesota to win it all, but I didn't expect Ottawa to push them as hard as they did. That's not a slight against the Lynx, don't get me wrong, but the Storm were just that good that I figured they were going to wipe the floor with whoever they faced. Gotta give Ottawa credit, because they played hard and really made it a challenge. 

4. What was the biggest surprise for you during the playoffs? - Ottawa upsetting us, of course. It was the only upset of the VHLM Playoffs, so that's an easy candidate. There was also the 7-6 game in the Finals, I was really shocked by that considering Jaxx Hextall and Joakim Bruden are two of the best there was in the M this year. 

5. Who should be named playoff MVP in your opinion? - It has to be Jaxx Hextall, no doubt in my mind. He was the glue for the Storm this season and it was no different in the playoffs. He's truly a special player. 

6. What are your plans for the off-season? - Right now, I'm getting ready for the draft. I just need to relax and try not to go stir-crazy waiting to find out what my future will be in the VHL. 

During the season, we seemed to have Ottawa's number, sporting a 5-1-1 record against them. Playoffs were a different story and we dropped the series in six games. Why do you think that was?

I guess we were one of those teams that do well in the regular season but not as good in the playoffs.  The problem we faced is that our top scorers from the season didn't do so well in that series. 

2. In the regular season series, we were able to outscore the Lynx by a margin of 30-24. During the playoffs, they outscored us 23-21. What happened?

We ran into a got goalie and I had a terrible series after playing great in round one.   They found a way top stop our deadly offense.   If we played them again it may turn different if we get a bounce here and there. 

3. After eliminating us, Ottawa went on to meet the Minnesota Storm for the Founder's Cup. They made a series of it, pushing it to six games. Did you expect that or did it come as a surprise?

After how well they played against us it wasn't too surprising.   I don't think I expected a 7 game series but also didn't see a sweep so expected 5 or 6 games 

That we didn't make to to the finals.  I really expected us to make it there to battle Minnesota for 7 games en route to another cup. 

My vote would be for hextall as he had a dominant performance that lead to the championship.  He is a major reason why they won and why they were amazing all season long 

Just to relax and get ready for my first season in the VHL and to apply my baked tpe. I am very excited to see where I get drafted tomorrow. 

• Commissioner

1. During the season, we seemed to have Ottawa's number, sporting a 5-1-1 record against them. Playoffs were a different story and we dropped the series in six games. Why do you think that was?

Ottawa was able to get better over the course of the season to the point where we were basically neck and neck when it came to skill in the playoffs.

Like I said, they got better over the course of the season. A few bad or mediocre performances by us were all they needed to move on to the next round.

Whether it was us or Ottawa I think Minny had the best shot at taking home the cup, I am surprised Ottawa pushed it to 6. Thought it would go in 4-5.

Us getting knocked out, with the fire power we had all season I really thought we were going to be able to overcome Ottawa's defence.

Like most of my teammates have said already, it's gonna be Hextall. He was unreal and managed to put up 3 shutouts in 14 games.

Train and get ready for the VHL draft coming up in a few days, I have a good shot at going in the top 3 and making an impact on a team that needs some support.

Edited by Josh