San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. The S71 VHLM draft took place just a few days ago. How do you think we did in the draft?

2. Which of the Marlins' S71 draft picks will have the biggest impact?

3. We just traded for a familiar face in Alex Bridges. What will be his impact in San Diego?

4. Do you have any personal goals for the season?

5. How do you think we will do this upcoming season?

6. How do you hope to improve your player during S71?

22 hours ago, fever95 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. The S71 VHLM draft took place just a few days ago. How do you think we did in the draft?

2. Which of the Marlins' S71 draft picks will have the biggest impact?

3. We just traded for a familiar face in Alex Bridges. What will be his impact in San Diego?

4. Do you have any personal goals for the season?

5. How do you think we will do this upcoming season?

6. How do you hope to improve your player during S71?

1. I think we got decent players but we have to see how it was when we play the games. 

2. The top picks, those are normally the better players

3. This trade will impact the our team a lot. He is a team player and a very good player. 

4. I just want to get better every year.

5. I think we are decent, we lost a few players going to the big leagues but I think we will do fine.

6. I want to score more goals, if I can score more goals and my assists are good I think I will be fine. 

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. S71 is now underway and our performance is a far cry from last season thus far. Will that continue?

2. Why do you think that none of the available free agents have wanted to sign in San Diego?

3. What would you tell unsigned free agents to sway them to become a Marlin?

4. The season is early but we are struggling. What can we do to turn it around?

5. If the struggles continue, do you expect us to sell off assets for future draft picks?

6. We are on pace to finish with about 29 wins. Do you think that will be accurate number by the end of the season?

•  

1 hour ago, fever95 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. S71 is now underway and our performance is a far cry from last season thus far. Will that continue?

Uhmm.. from what IR has told me, I guess so, but that’s not stopping me from giving it my all either way.

2. Why do you think that none of the available free agents have wanted to sign in San Diego?

Well, i’m not really sure. It could be anything, I know just first impressions are key, because that’s what a lot of new players tell em what made them sign with a team.

3. What would you tell unsigned free agents to sway them to become a Marlin? We have a great locker room, with awesome people, and some experienced people who can help out!

4. The season is early but we are struggling. What can we do to turn it around? That’s all i’ve done my whole career. Been on a struggling team, and made it in the playoffs.

5. If the struggles continue, do you expect us to sell off assets for future draft picks? I can see it happening, and I won’t be mad, because I know why you did it, but it would be sad.

6. We are on pace to finish with about 29 wins. Do you think that will be accurate number by the end of the season? Of course not, you know. You got people going inactive on our team, and other teams. People earning TPE, free agent signings, trades. 

•  

17 hours ago, fever95 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

3. What would you tell unsigned free agents to sway them to become a Marlin?

4. The season is early but we are struggling. What can we do to turn it around?

5. If the struggles continue, do you expect us to sell off assets for future draft picks?

6. We are on pace to finish with about 29 wins. Do you think that will be accurate number by the end of the season?

•  

1. It’s definitely not going to be last season. I am not sure we will have a positive record to be honest. 

2. I don’t know. we are a good fun team so they should. 

3. We are a fun team that works together. You will not regret signing with us.

4. Give up less goals and score more.

5. No I think draft picks will better the team in the future.

6. It seems right. But hopefully we can turn around how we are playing. 

• 2 weeks later...

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. 25 games into the season and we are sitting in 3rd place. How do you evaluate our performance thus far?

2. We have a record of 17-7-1. Have we exceeded expectations or did you expect it?

3. Who is your early season prediction for VHLM MVP?

4. Which Marlin has been most important to our success?

5. Who has been our “unsung hero” thus far in the season.

6. Alex Bridges has been on fire for us. What part of his game has been his most important?

1 hour ago, fever95 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. 25 games into the season and we are sitting in 3rd place. How do you evaluate our performance thus far? I think we’re doing a great job, and we just gotta keep going at em!

2. We have a record of 17-7-1. Have we exceeded expectations or did you expect it? We have definitely exceeded, knowing what I was coming into this season. never expected this!

3. Who is your early season prediction for VHLM MVP? Either me, syreck, or penisson.

4. Which Marlin has been most important to our success? Uh... to be honest, I don’t like taking all, the credit, and I won’t here, because it’s not m doing all this. This team would be in shambles without the help of my great Linemates ike and jared. Also, big shout-out to our defenseman Kulikovich, been playing phenomenal lately!

5. Who has been our “unsung hero” thus far in the season. Uhm.. well, I see Jared being unsung. He’s right up there with caboose in points, around 45, he’s doesn’t get a lot of discussion around the league, and I give him props for that! Watch out for him ladies and gents! @jared

6. Alex Bridges has been on fire for us. What part of his game has been his most important? Uhm.. this is an awkward question haha.. I mean, I like I said, I don’t like taking credit, and I feel like I couldn’t have gotten this far without my awesome linemates, so my puckhandling, a

skating, and passing skills. They really create opportunities for my linemates, and I think that’s what make s us click so well, they can score, and get me assists, and I get get them those chances TO score.

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. We have dropped a bit in the standings to 5th place after 43 games. Do you expect us to climb back up to the top 3 in the final 29 games?

2. We have a goal differential of +23 as a team. How satisfied or unsatisfied are you with that?

3. Alex Bridges continues to be our top point scorer with 91. How many will he finish the season with?

4. Jungkok is our top goal scorer, lighting the lamp 37 times. What will be his end of season total?

5. Nikita Kulikovich is in contention for most points for a VHLM defenseman. Can he finish on top?

6. Who has been the top first year VHLMer in the league?

9 hours ago, fever95 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. We have dropped a bit in the standings to 5th place after 43 games. Do you expect us to climb back up to the top 3 in the final 29 games? I’d not see top 3 unless we get hot.. maybe 4th place.

2. We have a goal differential of +23 as a team. How satisfied or unsatisfied are you with that? It’s not bad, but it’s not amazing, but it’s positive, so i’ll take it.

3. Alex Bridges continues to be our top point scorer with 91. How many will he finish the season with? I’m thinking like 160, or around that area.

4. Jungkok is our top goal scorer, lighting the lamp 37 times. What will be his end of season total? I’m not far behind, think I have 35 lol, but yeah, congrats to him, he’s killing it, I say he gets around 56.

5. Nikita Kulikovich is in contention for most points for a VHLM defenseman. Can he finish on top? It’s very possible, the guy is amazing. I think he will get the best defenseman.

6. Who has been the top first year VHLMer in the league? I’d have to go with Jungkok, he’s doing great this year as a rookie.

12 hours ago, fever95 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE.

1. We have dropped a bit in the standings to 5th place after 43 games. Do you expect us to climb back up to the top 3 in the final 29 games?

2. We have a goal differential of +23 as a team. How satisfied or unsatisfied are you with that?

3. Alex Bridges continues to be our top point scorer with 91. How many will he finish the season with?

4. Jungkok is our top goal scorer, lighting the lamp 37 times. What will be his end of season total?

5. Nikita Kulikovich is in contention for most points for a VHLM defenseman. Can he finish on top?

1. Top 3 I think that’s a little to high, but I think we can get there with our team players. 

2. I am satisfied, it is a lot We are playing as a team and winning as a team. 

3. I think he will probably finish around 147. Come back to this post at the end of the season to see if I am right. ?

4. He will probably get up to around 80, if he plays how he is playing now. 

5. He will finish on top no doubt. 

6. Don’t know. I am not in the VHL loop the only players I know of is the marlins players. 

As we have been signing players, I do think we can make it into a higher bracket, that is the goal is to remain competitive and push through to the finish. 

It's great to see, and I think it will only improve as San Diego improves as well. 

I believe he could break 150 with this pace if he continues. He's on fire. 

At this pace, I am expecting him to hit about 60 if he keeps going, a tall task but a lot of games left to play! 

With his dominating performance I absolutely expect him to finish as the top player

Jung has been great for us, I'd have to say he's gotta be up there if he's still considered for it. 

1. We have dropped a bit in the standings to 5th place after 43 games. Do you expect us to climb back up to the top 3 in the final 29 games?

You just signed the best goalie in the league. So ya were getting the the top 3 baby!

That's pretty good. But if we want in that top 3 everyone's got to step it up a bit.

3. Alex Bridges continues to be our top point scorer with

91. How many will he finish the season with?

He's going it hit 151 points. He's kinda a beast and no one can stop him so......

I think he'll end with 49 being just shy of 50. But damn 49 is killing it.

Not can he. He will finish on top. He's like a fake god.

I don't really think there is a specific rookie killing it this season. But a lot of them have played really well.

1. With the addition of the likes of Frosty, ADV, myself and MC, as well as most recently der, how do you expect the season to finish? 

2. Who do you think will be the biggest impact player for the remainder of the season? 

3. Do you think the team has areas of improvement? If so where, and why? 

4. Will Tonn be able to keep up his hot start and bring us to victory? 

5. What is the routine of your player, what does a pre-game ritual look like? 

6. Making the playoffs, what do you expect from the team? Will we go deep or will our hearts be shattered? 

58 minutes ago, InstantRockstar said:

1. With the addition of the likes of Frosty, ADV, myself and MC, as well as most recently der, how do you expect the season to finish? 

2. Who do you think will be the biggest impact player for the remainder of the season? 

6. Making the playoffs, what do you expect from the team? Will we go deep or will our hearts be shattered? 

1. I am certainly hopeful that we finish with a Founders Cup, but realistically I could see us continuing to improve and making each series competitive.

2. I think we really need to rely on Zamboni Driver and Tonn and hope that he can help lead the way.  We have some solid forwards and defenders but we need them to be the goaltenders they can be.

3. I think everywhere can be improved on at all times.  Defensively, offensively and in the net, we can all be better.

4. I hope so but I think we need to support him more to give us the best chance we can possibly have.

5. For me it's nothing really major.  I listen to music pretty much right up to the time to listen to the coaches.  Just helps me focus and zone in.

6. I think we can go deep but I try to be as realistic as possible.  We aren't the best team in the league but I think we can given anyone trouble.

2 hours ago, InstantRockstar said:

1. With the addition of the likes of Frosty, ADV, myself and MC, as well as most recently der, how do you expect the season to finish? I think we will be a more solid team all around.

Me? Maybe jung? Possibly jared or caboose. Not to sure.

3. Do you think the team has areas of improvement? If so where, and why? Yes, not a lot of players are all around solid defenders.

4. Will Tonn be able to keep up his hot start and bring us to victory?  I hope so. If not your fired @MexicanCow123?

5. What is the routine of your player, what does a pre-game ritual look like? Ummm... to trash talk in mexico!!

6. Making the playoffs, what do you expect from the team? Will we go deep or will our hearts be shattered? I think we will go pretty deep, but i’m not to sure at this point.

Of course i want to finish with the cup in my hand, but if being relitsate i think we could be a contender in the playoffs.

Not to be to bias or anything, but if i can continue to grind out that TPE then i think i can have a huge impact on the team.

I think if we are going to be a contender everyone needs to keep improving. We need to improve all our lines.

I mean i sure want him to stay hot ;}

a few hours before the game i always go out and get some nice juicy rare steak. Then i come to the arena and just start working out with the boys. Sometimes we get a little creative in our workouts if you know what i mean. ?

I expect finals verses Yukon. That way i get a cup either way ?

17 hours ago, InstantRockstar said:

1. I think we got a better chance of going deeper in the playoffs. 

2. Everyone, We all contribute one way or another. 

3. Yes we do need improvement. I don’t know where but I know we do. 

4. I think he has a good chance at helping us win. I don’t think he will slow down. 

5. First I take a shower. Then I have a pre game meal, and then I stretch and relaxed before the game. 

6. With the new additions I think we have a better chance at winning the finals. I think we will make it to the second round at least. 

Good Morning San Diego! Presser here!

1. How do you feel about the recent signing of Viperxhawks19? Are you sad that Fever stepped down?

2. Do you feel that we can make it far in the playoffs this year?

3. With the season closing up, do you feel you have performed up to standards?

4. It has been rumored that @Viperxhawks19 abuses @Alex Bridges, do you feel it's true?

5. Are you happy with the team this season?

6. Do you have a pre-game meal that we should know about so we can notify the chefs at our arena to make for you?

*optional 7th question*

Any press conference questions you want me to ask?

1 hour ago, Viperxhawks19 said:

1. How do you feel about the recent signing of Viperxhawks19? Are you sad that Fever stepped down?

4. It has been rumored that @Viperxhawks19 abuses @Alex Bridges, do you feel it's true?

6. Do you have a pre-game meal that we should know about so we can notify the chefs at our arena to make for you?

*optional 7th question*

1. I feel great about it, he is a very nice person and seems to be a good AGM. Yes I am sad about fever stepping down but he is still in the locker room so we can still be with him. 

2. I think we can make it at least to the second round. I will be happy if we don’t get out first round. 

3. I performed my best yet. This is my break out year and I will continue to increase each year. 

4. I think alex abuses Viper. 

5. I am happy with the team this year. We performed well and we all worked as a team. 

6. Before every game I have pasta and water to get me ready. 

7) How was jared’s performance this year. Did he impact our team in any way. 

1 hour ago, Viperxhawks19 said:

1. How do you feel about the recent signing of Viperxhawks19? Are you sad that Fever stepped down? I strongly dislike Viper, he abuses me.

2. Do you feel that we can make it far in the playoffs this year? If we win these last two games yes.

3. With the season closing up, do you feel you have performed up to standards? No.

4. It has been rumored that @Viperxhawks19 abuses @Alex Bridges, do you feel it's true? Yes, I can confirm, it is more than 100% true.

5. Are you happy with the team this season? It wasn’t bad, could’ve wished for a better one.

6. Do you have a pre-game meal that we should know about so we can notify the chefs at our arena to make for you? Yea, it’s called, Pastaaaaaa.

*optional 7th question*

Any press conference questions you want me to ask? Why is Alex so good at life?

Im hopeful for Viper. I never met Fever so im not sad. So far Viper has been a fanstiac AGM and im glad i got to spend my waiver season with him.

I think we might have a chance 1st round but them if im going to be honest i think were done. The VHLM have some stacked team this year.

Sense this is my 1st goalie i wasn't really sure what to expect. I definitely did not do great in the 17 games i played. But i don't feel like i was horrible. All in all i did meh.

4. It has been rumored that @Viperxhawks19 abuses @Alex Bridges, do you feel it's true?

I know they bully each other. Im thinking its the other way around though. Im pretty sure its Alex abusing Viper.

I only got to play for a month as a waiver signing, but ya i have really enjoyed San Diego and it will forever be my home.

Make me nice rare steak please. I need that juice just POURINGIGNIGINGNIGNIGNI out.

10 hours ago, Viperxhawks19 said:

*optional 7th question*

I'm happy for viper that he gets to be AGM but I'm also sad about fever stepping down because of how long he's been with our organisation but I think viper is doing a great job so far.

I feel that we have more than enough offensive pieces as well as a possible boomchenko trophy winner along with loads of defensive depth to stop shots.

I feel great about myself and I definitely think I have lived up to the hype and that I have a great chance at taking home a trophy this season (boomchenko).

No, I think Alex is the one that abuses viper as I have seen a bit of proof of this in the Marlins server and I don't know how this rumor appeared as it is the complete opposite of what most people think.

I'm very happy with the team this season and I think we performed to the best of our abilities and now we will wait to see what happens in the playoffs.

I usually eat dry oatmeal before games to help gain strength by way of fibre and protein which will help me out a lot with all the excersize that I do during a game and before.