San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

3 hours ago, IamMOOSE said:

44676661_WeekofOctober5th-11th.thumb.jpg.3bfab16f822d41715f70135f8b55b563.jpg

Hello Marlins, now that we’re on our way towards the second half of the season, we gotta get earning. A lot of you are new or recreated so the objective this week is simple; introduction. With that said here we go:

1A: IF YOU’RE NEW – What is your favorite thing about the league so far?

1B: IF YOU’RE RETURNING/RECREATING – What is one thing that keeps you invested in playing in the VHL?

2. What type of player are you hoping to build?

3. What is one quality you think is important to a team’s lockeroom?

4. Which team VHL or VHLM has your favorite logo? Why?

5. Do you like cheese? What is your favorite kind of cheese? If you don’t like cheese, why?

6. Do we have any gamers here. What are your favorite games of all time? If you’re not a gamer, what other activities do you enjoy?

1. I love how friendly everyone is at the start i knew nothing and so many people helped me and taught me everything I needed to kno

2. a player who leads the squad that is a tram player and makes people around him play better

3. Being humble no one likes a show off who says there the best on the team and who only cares about there own success 

4. I like them all the same to be honest i have no favourite they’re all amazing 

5. i love all cheese but i would have to  say mozzarella

6. Im a huge gamer my all time favourite is rainbow six siege 

Thanks for the Q's, Moose!

1. My favorite thing about the league so far is the lore and history of it all. As a longtime player of sim games like FM, FHM, and OOTP, the community seems to be geared towards my favorite parts of those games.
  2. I am hoping to build a fast, hard-hitting winger with good hands and passing
  3. Camaraderie is the most important thing in any locker room.
  4. My favorite logo is the VHL logo. It is a clean look with plenty of hidden elements that won't dominate not being the major element.
  5. I very much like cheese. As with most hockey players, cheddar is my favorite.
  6. I have been a gamer since I got a PS2 in the early 2000s. I usually play sports games but COD World at War might be my favorite game of all time.

Bradley Senjo:

1. Favourite thing about the league: I've only been in the league a couple hours, but I find the support you get from your team to be very helpful. As someone who is just starting, the guidance has been great.

2. Type of player I want to be: I want to develop into a play-making center with a scoring touch. Set up teammates for lots of scoring chances but also able to come through in critical moments of the game.

3. Most important thing in a locker room: Communication is key. Knowing how your teammates are doing and being there for them helps grow the bonds in the locker room and will translate onto the on-ice performance.

4. Favourite logo: As for my favourite logo, it's hard to say. There are so many and I haven't been in the league long. I do like the Toronto Legion logo, it's clean. My team's logo is really cool too, whoever designed it, did a really fantastic job.

5. Favourite Cheese: Havarti, no contest. Add some crackers to the mix and you have a culinary experience waiting to happen in your mouth.

6. Am I a gamer?: I am a pretty big gamer. Most sports games are what I spend most of my time in. NHL, NBA, and UFC are my go-tos. Favourite shooter has to be Red Dead Redemption 2. 

On 10/4/2020 at 5:19 PM, IamMOOSE said:

44676661_WeekofOctober5th-11th.thumb.jpg.3bfab16f822d41715f70135f8b55b563.jpg

Hello Marlins, now that we’re on our way towards the second half of the season, we gotta get earning. A lot of you are new or recreated so the objective this week is simple; introduction. With that said here we go:

1A: IF YOU’RE NEW – What is your favorite thing about the league so far?

1B: IF YOU’RE RETURNING/RECREATING – What is one thing that keeps you invested in playing in the VHL?

2. What type of player are you hoping to build?

3. What is one quality you think is important to a team’s lockeroom?

4. Which team VHL or VHLM has your favorite logo? Why?

5. Do you like cheese? What is your favorite kind of cheese? If you don’t like cheese, why?

6. Do we have any gamers here. What are your favorite games of all time? If you’re not a gamer, what other activities do you enjoy?

Il1. I'm happy there isn't a lot of pressure to be chatty. I get super busy and often you get left out of games because of that. 

2. Starting Goalie.

3. Leadership.

4.  I like DC logo.

5. Feta cheese. Yeee

6. Call of Duty, Red Dead 2, Minecraft.

Press Conference Week of October 12th - 18th

1. What is your favorite kind of food and why?

2. Any thoughts on NHL 21?

3. Considering it's October and we're approaching Halloween, what's your favorite horror movie?

4. What was your favorite brand thing to get as a kid trick or treating?

5. Cake or Pie?

6. What's your message to the team to close out these finally weeks of the season?

• This is a challenging question as I like lots of different types of food. Instead of thinking about this from a regional perspective, my favorite kind of food is sandwiches. I believe that you can learn a lot about a culture based on their sandwiches.

• I don't have a console that can play NHL 21, so I am pretty neutral. The BAP mode looks like a significant overhaul. Hopefully, they will come to the PC next year

3. Considering it's October and we're approaching Halloween, what's your favorite horror movie?

• If it qualifies as a horror movie, Shutter Island is my favorite. I am a sucker for Scorsese's films, and this is one of his best.

• Anything from Haribo.

5. Cake or Pie?

• Pie and it's not even close. 

6. What's your message to the team to close out these finally weeks of the season?

• Let's keep playing close games and grinding out the season. If we can keep the shots about the same and avoid taking more penalties than the other team, we should be competitive. The wins will come if we are competitive. 

Press Conference Week of October 12th - 18th

1. What is your favorite kind of food and why? I like my turkey and thanksgiving foods definitely nice and knowing your with family it makes everything more enjoyable 

Looks dope 
Honestly I don’t know there’s to many at this point lol
Oh Henry’s definitely 
5. Cake or Pie?
Cake- is that a question?
6. What's your message to the team to close out these finally weeks of the season?

thank you for all the help and support I know it’s been a up and down season but we’ve come along way and with the awesome management it’s been fun and we have a decent group as well. Keep developing and enjoy 

1. What is your favorite kind of food and why?
I like Shepard’s Pie. I’m from Quebec and it’s fire.
I’m so excited to play it.
Child’s Play
I liked Maynards Swedish berries 
5. Cake or Pie?
Cake
I think we should just try our best and have fun out there.

On 10/12/2020 at 9:32 PM, Master2896 said:
On 10/12/2020 at 9:32 PM, Master2896 said:

1. What is your favorite kind of food and why?
IPoutine, its a canadian classic, grew up eating it..
Cant wait to try it out!
The grudge
maynards sour cherry blasters
5. Cake or Pie?
pie
Ikeep grinding the TPE tasks, seasons not over yet!

Macaroni & cheese takes the trophy home on this one. Classic and easy to make. 

Pre-ordered it, played it early through EA Play, and I have to say, I am not disappointed yet. I am enjoying the Be A Pro mode, and HUT Rush feels really fresh.

Looking back now, it may not get the same love, but I remember the first time I watched Freddy vs Jason, I loved it and I was terrified at the same time.

Reese's peanut butter cups without question.

5. Cake or Pie?

Definitely pie. Lemon Meringue or Coconut Cream for me.

We may be on a long slump right now, but we are growing as a team and with the right improvements and the proper training, we will do better next year. 

I like the good old spagetti before the game, pasta are good for the energy. 

Be a pro is decent, far from My Career 2k, but still, they made some progress. Way to $$ tho. 

The Conjuring, man this is scary. 

Crunchiesssssssss

5. Cake or Pie?

Sugar Pie. 

I'm new in the team, I would say finish strong and be ready for the upcoming draft. 

On 10/12/2020 at 1:43 PM, IamMOOSE said:

Press Conference Week of October 12th - 18th

5. Cake or Pie?

1. NOODLES!

2. Boo sports games

3. Don't really have one.

4. Dots

5. Why not both?

6. Just stay chill and keep getting points for your player. It's all good, we just having fun.

18 hours ago, IamMOOSE said:

403152857_WeekofOctober19th-25th.thumb.jpg.72d8087c3d7b17b8de686d59358eea96.jpg

1) it’s hockey so anything can happen especially in this crazy sim. I don’t know who I’d say is a favourite

2) honestly I’m pretty happy no mater where I go. I wouldent play on the same team as Sid so as to my knowledge not to be drafted by - Warsaw. Save myself from any issues 

3) definitely some more skating. Puck handling and passing would be next for me to really work on

4) I think I’d say the same answer as 2. 

5) leadership and loyalty I just like having fun. 

6) joining the team and having a good locker room experience @IamMOOSE and @iRockstar have been amazing and Moose would make a great GM sometime soon. I couldn’t thank the two of them enough for the help and support. They have built something special in SDM and I’ll always remember it. 

1. Founder's Cup Predictions: The Halifax 21st have been tearing up the league this season. Anything can happen but I would be surprised if they didn't win it all.

2. Preferred Team to be drafted to:  As a Canadian, I would love to play for a Canadian franchise, however any team that drafts me, I will put in a full effort to make myself and the team better. I don't really have a team specifically I wouldn't be happy to be drafted to. 

3. Off-season focus: In the off-season, I'm going to continue to focus on my offensive skills. I've managed to rack up a few points but I know I can be better.

4. Preferred Team: If I could pick a team to be drafted to, I would love to play for Halifax, being an East Coaster myself.

5. What do I bring to the team?: I would believe that currently, I am a solid depth centre that can play 3rd or 4th line minutes. With my constant training and dedication, I believe I can evolve in effective 1st or 2nd line offensive centre option.

6. Favourite San Diego moment: My favourite moment so far has been meeting the guys in the locker room and getting to know some of them. The help I've received from management has been unparalleled, especially Rockstar. Meeting the defenseman, @Prout has been a pleasure.

1. Founder's Cup Prediction?

• Halifax is the easy favorite but I like an underdog. The Yukon Rush are deep and talented, I think they can pull off the upset and take home the cup.

2. VHLM Disperal Draft?

• I don't have a preference on either side of the draft. An oppurtunity to play for a team with good chemistry and to get solid ice time, especially on special teams, is what matters most.

3. Off-season Focus?

• The goal for the off-season is puck-handling and skating.

4. VHL Draft?

• My hopes for the VHL draft are similar to the VHLM draft, with the understanding that it will take longer to get to a prominent role on VHL teams. That being said, the New York Americans reached out and that has left an impression. 

5. What do you bring to a VHL or VHLM team?

• I bring grit and teamplay to whatever team, I am on. Competent skating, passing, and puck-handling matched with top-tier defense to always have positive shifts on the ice.

6. Favorite SDM moment?

• The reaction after any win is golden in the locker room. We have had some losing streaks and we take the losses in stride but whenever we win, it is pretty hilarous in the locker room. People are also very encouraging in the locker room, especially @Prout.

On 10/18/2020 at 10:09 PM, IamMOOSE said:

403152857_WeekofOctober19th-25th.thumb.jpg.72d8087c3d7b17b8de686d59358eea96.jpg

like the background

1. No clue. Vegas I guess.

2. I hope you can draft me but if not I don't know. Worried my lack of Discord will hurt my chances.

3. I just want my goalie to be good. So I guess everything.

4. No idea. Vancouver since Moose is there but I'd like to start so I don't know.

5. I'm a hard worker and I'm a good teammate.

6. Probably the first shutout. I was really happy I got one.

Hello San Diego Players & Alumni for the October 26th - November 1st Press Conference. I'm a day late (my bad) but here are your hockey but not really hockey related questions for the week. To keep this more interesting I want to play a game. I need as much participation as possible here as week get into the offseason.

For each of you that provide Press Conference answers this week I will assign you a team (based obviously on number of submissions). This will determine your squad for the following week of Press Conference questions. Next week I will have a Press Conference that is tailored for teams with IR and I discussing which team we feel delivered the best quality Press Conference. I will host that team on a special predraft podcast! So without further ado let's begin:

1. If you were a dog, what kind of dog would you be and why? Cat people, just no.

2. I was thinking about bagels in the shower this morning (as you do) and thought to myself, "If I were reshingling a roof in mid July, what would the offspring of a chicken and a parrot look like? What would we call it?" So my question is this; Why is toast?

3. This was Defensemen Vladimir Pavlov's (Victor) final season and unfortunately Moscow was unable to rally back against Helsinki. What's one great aspect of the career of Vladimir Pavlov?

4. Is it time Russia got their own solo team in the VHL WC & WJC?

5. I got to thinking about retired jerseys and how that would look in the VHL. Sure, on the main ticket it'd make sense but for the VHLM, tenures mean it'll never be an option so I started to think. What would it take in your mind to retire say a Member as a whole for a team, to commemorate their service to a singular franchise whether that be VHL or VHLM?

6. Have the VHL & VHLM playoffs panned out the way you expected so far? If not, what's changed?

Edited by IamMOOSE

1. If you were a dog, what kind of dog would you be and why? Cat people, just no.

• Bernese mountain dog because I am pretty relaxed and very hairy.

2. I was thinking about bagels in the shower this morning (as you do) and thought to myself, "If I were reshingling a roof in mid July, what would the offspring of a chicken and a parrot look like? What would we call it?" So my question is this; Why is toast?

• I couldn't agree more.

3. This was Defensemen Vladimir Pavlov's (Victor) final season and unfortunately Moscow was unable to rally back against Helsinki. What's one great aspect of the career of Vladimir Pavlov?

• Pavlov's ability to get ejected will go down in history.

4. Is it time Russia got their own solo team in the VHL WC & WJC?

• No but the Athletes from Russia should have their own team.

5. I got to thinking about retired jerseys and how that would look in the VHL. Sure, on the main ticket it'd make sense but for the VHLM, tenures mean it'll never be an option so I started to think. What would it take in your mind to retire say a Member as a whole for a team, to commemorate their service to a singular franchise whether that be VHL or VHLM?

• Breaking records and winning multiple league-wide awards should be is an instant qualifier. I think that a panel of Alumni should vote on all departing players for potential jersey retirement.

6. Have the VHL & VHLM playoffs panned out the way you expected so far? If not, what's changed?

• I haven't been paying much attention to the VHL playoffs because the VHLM playoffs have been nuts. Yukon going to 7 is surprising and Halifax getting eliminated has me reeling. They were the heavy heavy favorite to win it all.

1. If you were a dog, what kind of dog would you be and why? Cat people, just no. It’d probably be a German Shepard. Little rough side but loyal.

2. I was thinking about bagels in the shower this morning (as you do) and thought to myself, "If I were reshingling a roof in mid July, what would the offspring of a chicken and a parrot look like? What would we call it?" So my question is this; Why is toast? Sticking to I agree

3. This was Defensemen Vladimir Pavlov's (Victor) final season and unfortunately Moscow was unable to rally back against Helsinki. What's one great aspect of the career of Vladimir Pavlov? The great aspect will be he’s no Cowboy Prout. However his ejection without a doubt 

4. Is it time Russia got their own solo team in the VHL WC & WJC? Absolutely I think it’d be fun to see and get something new and buzzing in this community 

5. I got to thinking about retired jerseys and how that would look in the VHL. Sure, on the main ticket it'd make sense but for the VHLM, tenures mean it'll never be an option so I started to think. What would it take in your mind to retire say a Member as a whole for a team, to commemorate their service to a singular franchise whether that be VHL or VHLM? Sticking with one team. Being liked by your gms and teammates. Of course single records but winning championships is what will always stand out with that talk. Especially if you win two or more with same team that you started and left with.

6. Have the VHL & VHLM playoffs panned out the way you expected so far? If not, what's changed? Upsets. I thought the minors has had more fun to see but I’ve really haven’t paid attention to the VHL since I’m still in minors considering until I play a actual game in the big league.

On 10/27/2020 at 5:47 PM, IamMOOSE said:

Hello San Diego Players & Alumni for the October 26th - November 1st Press Conference. I'm a day late (my bad) but here are your hockey but not really hockey related questions for the week. To keep this more interesting I want to play a game. I need as much participation as possible here as week get into the offseason.

For each of you that provide Press Conference answers this week I will assign you a team (based obviously on number of submissions). This will determine your squad for the following week of Press Conference questions. Next week I will have a Press Conference that is tailored for teams with IR and I discussing which team we feel delivered the best quality Press Conference. I will host that team on a special predraft podcast! So without further ado let's begin:

1. If you were a dog, what kind of dog would you be and why? Cat people, just no.

3. This was Defensemen Vladimir Pavlov's (Victor) final season and unfortunately Moscow was unable to rally back against Helsinki. What's one great aspect of the career of Vladimir Pavlov?

4. Is it time Russia got their own solo team in the VHL WC & WJC?

1. German Shepard

2. What?

3. He had a dope season this year. Hope I can have some success in the majors.

4. Yeee

5. I think it would have to be someone who was a big part of the team with many players who all won championships.

6. Yee

Presser for week of Nov 2nd - 8th

1. How was everyone's Halloween? What did you dress up as?

2. The American election is this week. How sad are you by the state of things? For non-Americans, can we all come stay with you guys when this is over?

3. I like cheese. What's everyone's favorite cheese?

4. What is your favorite moment in NHL history that you've seen personally?

5. Miami or Mississauga, who wins the Founder's Cup?

6. Why is Viper the best?

Bonus: Help me troll Helsinki by tagging @PatrikLainewith your press answers so he's constantly pinged. ?

1 hour ago, IamMOOSE said:

2. The American election is this week. How sad are you by the state of things? For non-Americans, can we all come stay with you guys when this is over?

Bonus: Help me troll Helsinki by tagging @PatrikLainewith your press answers so he's constantly pinged. ?

1. I stayed in cause of covid but noramlly I like to go out.

2. Both parties are shit but Trump is worse. Lesser of two evils

3. Feta. You ever had a chicken and feta cheese pizza?

4. Went to a game and saw Brodeur play. Best goalie in history.

5. Miami.

6. Viper does Viper things and that's very Viper of him.

@PatrikLaineis your favorite type of ham Spam?

17 hours ago, IamMOOSE said:

1)  worked so no dressing up 

2) it’s political so I don’t care it’s all the same. Move up here if you leave that crap behind 

3) mozzarella baby

4) seeing Gretzky coach in Detroit was one of my personal favourites 

5) Miami 

6) second best. Cowboy is always the goat 

@PatrikLaine. - smells like beef n cheese 

1. Sadly I didn't dress up for Halloween. My favorite costume was when I went as TJ Detweiler from Recess.
  2. Very sad but things are looking up! (maybe, I have no idea. Canada is looking better everyday)
  3. Colby Jack is my favorite but it changes weekly.
  4. I didn't see it in person but the PJ Stock vs Stephen Peat fight back in 2002 was the greatest fight I have ever seen. For reference, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJJPivHWy2k.
  5. I am a little late on this, whoops.
  6. Viper is the best because Viper knows the meaning of life.

@PatrikLaine Sup DAWG?!?!