S70 Draft Profiles - Part 10

Patrik Tallinder

1411372801_tallindersdps.jpg.5ecc9f460aef80e8c4550dc2123bb00e.jpg

New logo! What's the move, do I keep it, or go back to the old one? Anyways, the season is completely over, with both the team I play for, and the team I will be playing for losing in their respective finals. Not ideal, but it is what it is. Now, it's the time that draft discussions start to pick up, and I'm here for it. Here's my current top 10 as always:

1. Edwin THE Encarnacion -

2. Mikko Lahtinen -

3. Odin Omdahl -

4. Jacques Lafontaine -

5. Shawn Glade Jr -

6. Chad Magnum -

7. Iangenere Risteneen -

8. Kyle Andersen 1

9. Lewis Dawson 1

10. Jaxx Hextall New

Jaxx Hextall makes his first appearance in the top 10 after absolutely surging in the TPE race, earning a total of 85 in his last 3 weeks alone. Magnum and Risteneen are also starting to make serious cases for a top 5 spot, though I don't have them there just yet.

Another week goes by, another plug for my spreadsheet. A reminder that it has my full rankings, so you can see where you are if you're not in the top 10. Unranked means hasn't updated in 2 weeks or more. It also includes all TPE earning for the S70 and S71 drafts. Here it is, now updated with jobs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z3UmjHIkmoBNTRdw8dgQdp4kOVhVLVRgPADZOndKJUY/edit?usp=sharing

Stats

Name

Goals

Name 

Assists

Name

Odin Omdahl

Edwin THE Encarnacion

Shawn Glade Jr

Mikko Lahtinen

Shawn Glade Jr

Edwin THE Encarnacion

Iangenere Risteneen

Odin Omdahl

Odin Omdahl

Shawn Glade Jr

Iangenere Risteneen

Mikko Lahtnen

Gabriel Gutzwiler

Mikko Lahtinen

Iangenere Risteneen

Leon Gutzwiler

Leon Gutzwiler

Leon Gutzwiler

Edwin THE Encarnacion

Teddy Smith

Gabriel Gutzwiler

Owen Kaitanaq

Kyle Andersen

Kyle Andersen

Kyle Andersen

Gabriel Gutzwiler

Jimothy Frost

Jimothy Frost

Jimothy Frost

Derek Eriksson

Name

Save %

Jacques Lafontaine

Jaxx Hextall

Aleksandr Aleksandrov

Jacob buchholz

Jack Goff

News

Alex Bridge became the AGM of the San Diego Marlins! Congrats to him!

Chad Magnum and Iangenere Risteneen hit 200 TPE this week.

-  Aleelee Kiak hit 100 TPE this week.

Edwin THE Encarnacion, Mikko Lahtinen, Jacques Lafontaine, Damien Wolfe, and Mikeal Cuddy won the Founders Cup!

Edwin THE Encarnacion led the S70 class, and the whole VHLM, with 24 playoff points.

Damien Wolfe led the S70 class with 8 playoff goals.

Edwin THE Encarnacion led the S70 class, and the whole VHLM, with 18 assists.

Jaxx Hextall earned the most TPE this week, with 30.

Profiles

Miss_TeamBar_u9NDfdA.png

Aleksandra Olsen - D - 96 TPE

My fellow Hound, Olsen has been a key contributor for the team. She put up a baffling +47, which is the highest in a single season for a Hound, ever. However, Olsen isn't a one-dimensional player by any means, posting 40 points on the season as well, very good numbers for a defense(wo)man in her first full year. Although the TPE earning has been a little inconsistent, she has proved that she is here to stay because of how long she's stayed active, and never missing out on updating more than one week at a time. I can see her as a really good depth piece in the VHL down the line, maybe more.

SD_TeamBar_QrXOO7G.png

Alex Bridges - C - 97 TPE

The newly appointed Marlins AGM, Bridges has been an interesting prospect to watch. Ranked number 19 on my list, he has steadily earned TPE, except for one week in which he didn't earn any. Now that he has the responsibility of being an AGM, I don't see how he could fall inactive any time soon, so I expect his potential to be considerably high. The American center is an exciting offensive threat with plenty of scoring talent. Bridges' defensive game needs work, similar to his teammate Ike Bennett, who I covered last week. Nevertheless, I see a lot of potential here and I hope Bridges does well in his new job.

HFX_bar.png

Jaxx Hextall - G - 170 TPE

Hextall has been earning TPE like a maniac lately, and he is sure to see it pay off as soon as next season begins. As mentioned above, he has earned 85 TPE in the past 3 weeks, as well as earning a spot in my top 10. He became a key piece for Halifax, as they pulled off the series win against Philly before ultimately falling to Saskatoon who won it all. A goalie defined by quickness, the Canadian is able to react just in time to make the tough saves needed to keep his team in games. There's lots of potential with Hextall, and I hope he can keep earning TPE at a good rate, though I don't expect 30 a week, as he's been doing lately.

Edited by Patrik Tallinder

Nice to see the historic season by Saskatoon come to a deserved end, even though I lost... 

If you want to keep following S70 I’d drop the profiles section unless you think you could manage both 70 & 71. I just figured that you’ve already introduced pretty much everybody in S70. 

If it starts taking longer than you want for S70 you could also cut down on the total entries in the stats sheet and TPE sheet. 

You could finish with a draft edition, highlighting some of the most surprising picks and whatnot. Also do more than three to finish S70(or start S70 technically) off with a bang. That would be cool. 

32 minutes ago, zepheter said:

If you want to keep following S70 I’d drop the profiles section unless you think you could manage both 70 & 71. I just figured that you’ve already introduced pretty much everybody in S70. 

I’ll likely do my last 3 S70 profiles next week, and then I’ll be keeping my rankings and spreadsheet updated. I don’t think I’ll keep the stats page updated just because it would have to be split between VHL and VHLM. 

34 minutes ago, zepheter said:

You could finish with a draft edition, highlighting some of the most surprising picks and whatnot. Also do more than three to finish S70(or start S70 technically) off with a bang. That would be cool. 

Im thinking of making a huge media spot that covers all of the top 24 prospects (first 2 rounds) the day before the draft, and I like your idea of making one after about the surprising picks and all that. Then I’ll probably move on to S71, keeping my rankings and spreadsheet updated for S70 to make an article talking about who came out as the best players and stuff later on next season. Thanks again for your ideas, they’ve definitely made this series more interesting.

hell ya!! honestly looking back on week 12/29 I could have had 31 TPE that week but I just came back from vacation and wasn't feeling to motivated to do much, plus 25 is already a good amount, earning 20+ is already hard enough. I should be able to hit 20 for this week but I'll probably slow down afterwards DX

anyway great work again and I look forward to this each week!! ^^