DCD/SEA; S69 off-season

VHL Bot

@Enorama Thanks for the talks and patience. Good luck. Please do well by Frosty nuts. He's arguably a Top 3 guy  personally for me on this site and you're lucky beyond words to be adding him to your locker room and team.

@FrostBeard Hardest trade I've ever made during my 21 seasons as Seattle's GM so far. You know that. It was an all day thing for me and the team despite the deal basically being done for quite some time. I looked and looked for ways at keeping the club together and to be fair, you know we had one. We're very honest within the locker room with how the team is ran and whats going on. At the end of the day, the more all of us talked together, the more both deals made sense. Since coming into Seattle you've become a key player on the ice and an even bigger one it seems in the locker room. You are one of the very few people I trust most on this site and I'm thankful for the time you've spent in the locker room and behind the scenes chatting. I know we still have the VSN but it just won't feel the same anymore. Was very strange swapping your roles in the Discord + seeing your name pop off that list and moving you off the salary/roster projections was shit to do too, lol... It's all weird and saddens me a little bit. Not a deal I'm happy making but one we felt was needed in order to complete the team we ultimately see as being successful while also handling our cap and age. Goes to show how amazing this group is in Seattle. 

I'm really sorry Frosty that this is how it had to be. I am going to miss you being a large part to the team. Best of luck, CHAMP.. 

GIF by moodman

@Banackock thanks for the slow ass negotiations, but we made it worth our while in the end :P 

@FrostBeard welcome to DC, we sure can use someone with winning tendencies in the room

Well, alrighty. 

Let's start off by saying - we are the champions boys! S68 and S69 was ours! It is sad to leave but you all know I approved the trade and pushed for it as it is the best thing for the team. My mentality has always been "Team first" and so again I am doing that by saying I wish you all the best, from our super sturdy players to probably the best GM in VHL.

To my new teammates and management, I hope we can achieve much and more together!

23 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

Well, alrighty. 

Let's start off by saying - we are the champions boys! S68 and S69 was ours! It is sad to leave but you all know I approved the trade and pushed for it as it is the best thing for the team. My mentality has always been "Team first" and so again I am doing that by saying I wish you all the best, from our super sturdy players to probably the best GM in VHL.

To my new teammates and management, I hope we can achieve much and more together!

Miss you already, man. I hope DC realizes the FRANCHISE PLAYER that they have on their hands. And, if it can't be us that wins all the cups, I hope it's you brother. Best of luck and all the love. 

10 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

man i cant imagine how long this took. bana is the worst to negotiate with. it seems like he got his way again. #overpayment

He offered it, mostly. The discussions and trade talks themselves were super simple and easy.  It took long because I didn’t want to trade a person I really enjoy having around and procrastinated on clicking accept trying to talk myself out of it, lol.. 

They get a better version of you at a pretty nice cost. DCD also takes a good step forward with the deal.  

Im super excited to see what DCD can do. Big fan of Aaltonen + Frosty . :D 

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

He offered it, mostly. The discussions and trade talks themselves were super simple and easy.  It took long because I didn’t want to trade a person I really enjoy having around and procrastinated on clicking accept trying to talk myself out of it, lol.. 

They get a better version of you at a pretty nice cost. DCD also takes a good step forward with the deal.  

Im super excited to see what DCD can do. Big fan of Aaltonen + Frosty . :D 

Shawnomir Jagr (VAN) 72 33 50

John Frostbeard (SEA) 72 32 28 60

:wat:

• Victor changed the title to DCD/SEA; S69 off-season