What Next for Malmo? How to Achieve and Maintain Success, as Seen by Your Friendly Neighborhood Gustav

Gustav

Whatever, it's a VHL.com article. I'll forego the intro and skip to my trademark "anyway..."

Forwards: The main thing that jumps out to me is that at the moment, we've really only got one player who is a) young and b) active enough to reach star level, and that's Marleau (thank the good lord for you, @Phil). We'll still have depth, for sure, and if Mattalex gets back on the earning train, I'm not worried at all--but we've really only got one central piece of star power. Because of this, I can see us going with a forward in the draft (though that's hardly a surprise, as there isn't much defense to be seen there). Rodriguez and Markus Nygren will likely be here for quite a while, and we may have Nate Wright for a while as well. So, with this, we'll have a decent lineup, but we'll have to make a smart draft choice or two, and probably make a few smart trades or good signings along the way as well, to keep our forward lines going at the same level after Sullivan and Wilinsky are out.

Defense: For the immediate future? I'm not worried at all. Garcia (clears throat) and Adrienne are monsters on paper, with styles that complement each other well, and we'll both be around for four more seasons (and, in Adrienne's case, probably six). Chan hasn't been active for a while, but he's still 488 TPE and can be used in the lineup when needed. Though we no longer have McWolf, a weaker defense is a lot less of a concern than a weaker forward group, and we've got lots of time to set things up for the future as Garcia and Adrienne are more than capable of holding down the fort into the next era.

Goaltending: This is an interesting one, as @fonziGG hasn't been the most active person on earth lately. Whether or not he returns to whoring in the near future isn't a big deal, as he's still a 700-TPE goaltender and that's more than good enough for STHS. But whether or not he returns to whoring dictates when we start looking for an eventual replacement--if soon, then it's not a big deal. If not, in a few seasons' time it will be time to start looking around.

Thanks for reading, whoever took the time.