Stepping down from Davos GM

ShawnGlade

So it's with a heavy heart that today I announce that I'm stepping down from my GM duties from HC Davos Dynamo. This wasn't my decision, rather I was volun-told to do this but it doesn't make it any better. This change will happen immediately and later today I will be posting a thread airing out all the dirty laundry from the behind the scenes work because I can do that now :)

Thanks for a great 6 seasons Davos, hopefully one day I'll return

PS: The people I fucking hate will have a field day with this. You know who you are

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

?

nice career. could've been better if you had more offense in your peak competing years, but oh well. Enjoy your rest!

This

13 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

PS: The people I fucking hate will have a field day with this. You know who you are

I don't know that anyone actually has ever hated you (I certainly don't), but a lot of us would have liked you to step down once you figured you couldn't make it to two drafts in a row and didn't make a list nor appoint a drafter in your place while entering an extremely important part of your rebuild.

On 1/18/2020 at 3:08 PM, ShawnGlade said:

So it's with a heavy heart that today I announce that I'm stepping down from my GM duties from HC Davos Dynamo. This wasn't my decision, rather I was volun-told to do this but it doesn't make it any better. This change will happen immediately and later today I will be posting a thread airing out all the dirty laundry from the behind the scenes work because I can do that now :)

Thanks for a great 6 seasons Davos, hopefully one day I'll return

I'll be more than happy to add to this shit storm I have a feeling you were forced out by the same person I was,  Much love to ya Shawn  ❤️  You  bring that gasoline and i'll bring the matches bud, sometimes you just gotta burn the bitch down !

Know that there were always a lot of people that supported ya Shawn !

Edited by BladeMaiden

3 minutes ago, Enorama said:

I don't know that anyone actually has ever hated you (I certainly don't), but a lot of us would have liked you to step down once you figured you couldn't make it to two drafts in a row and didn't make a list nor appoint a drafter in your place while entering an extremely important part of your rebuild.

im not explaining this to you again

3 minutes ago, Enorama said:

No offense Eno, but it is not really anyone place to tell a GM how they should build... If someone wants to build buy auto drafting that is their choice. It does not make them inactive and it does not mean that they do not care about their team.  Would I do it , nope, but Shawn is his own person and believe it or not his decisions do not have to met anyone's standards but his own.

Just now, BladeMaiden said:

No offense Eno, but it is not really anyone place to tell a GM how they should build... If someone wants to build buy auto drafting that is their choice. It does not make them inactive and it does not mean that they do not care about their team.  Would I do it , nope, but Shawn is his own person and believe it or not his decisions do not have to met anyone's standards but his own.

He auto drafted then traded away those drafted players, so obviously auto drafting isn't working out so hot.

He says it's because players don't want to play in Davos, but that probably has to do with them being autodrafted. That's what one of his 1st round picks actually said verbatim this year.

Just now, Enorama said:

He auto drafted then traded away those drafted players, so obviously auto drafting isn't working out so hot.

He says it's because players don't want to play in Davos, but that probably has to do with them being autodrafted. That's what one of his 1st round picks actually said verbatim this year.

You can argue this to the moon and back and provide example on why it was not a wise decision but that does not mean is is your place to start judging Shawn. If there is one thing I know about it is feeling like you have been forced out  of doing something you love. I have heard some rumors about what is it like in that GM chat. how toxic it can be towards certain GMs. How much of that shit is someone expected to take?  If I was being treated like that, and not long ago I was, I would not want to be around all the time either. 

Just now, BladeMaiden said:

You can argue this to the moon and back and provide example on why it was not a wise decision but that does not mean is is your place to start judging Shawn. If there is one thing I know about it is feeling like you have been forced out  of doing something you love. I have heard some rumors about what is it like in that GM chat. how toxic it can be towards certain GMs. How much of that shit is someone expected to take?  If I was being treated like that, and not long ago I was, I would not want to be around all the time either. 

tbh the toxicity is just Bana and Bush going off on each other. Shawn wasn't even really getting chirped until he BPAed this draft.

And yeah I'm obviously in no place to tell him what to do, nor am I judging him for doing it. But I'm comfortable saying that it is objectively better for all of Shawn, the league, and especially Davos the franchise itself if Shawn either drafts himself, with a list, appoints someone to draft for him, or steps down due to lack of time.

Hey @ShawnGlade just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the seasons as GM and all the work you did in the role. Being a GM in the VHL can be particularly stressful versus the VHLM, it's one of the reasons why a bunch of us old timers have at times argued that VHLM GM experience doesn't always prepare one for how it works in the VHL. That said, I feel like the tide and times have probably been changing in that regard as the league has filled up with players. 

Regardless of how ultimately your run will be perceived by some members of the community you did a stand up job in what I and probably many other long time GM's/former GM's would say is probably the hardest era to GM for the VHL. In the old era, getting your footing with a bit of indecisiveness the odd season simply didn't cost you as much as it had in this one. All of us who have GM'd long enough could tell you a laundry list of mistakes in hindsight, but circumstances were as such that a high majority of yours wound up being more costly than those exact same mistakes might of been in a less parity filled league. 

Hope to see you stick it out in the league nonetheless and also hope that the dirty laundry you do have to air can be done in a constructive and not...inviting of more drama matter. 

10 minutes ago, Enorama said:

tbh the toxicity is just Bana and Bush going off on each other. Shawn wasn't even really getting chirped until he BPAed this draft.

And yeah I'm obviously in no place to tell him what to do, nor am I judging him for doing it. But I'm comfortable saying that it is objectively better for all of Shawn, the league, and especially Davos the franchise itself if Shawn either drafts himself, with a list, appoints someone to draft for him, or steps down due to lack of time.

Lack of time my ass. If i had such a lack of time, why was I making trades all week? What about trade take all month? I missed the draft because I was traveling, how many times do I have to say this? If beav missed a draft, would you consider him inactive? No, you wouldnt

and don’t act for a second like I haven’t been getting shit thrown my way for at least 5 seasons now. You were one of the main people memeing me and davos. I like to think I have decently thick skin, but after a while of people criticizing your every move and constantly making you into a meme, it’s sucks ass

3 minutes ago, Devise said:

Hey @ShawnGlade just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the seasons as GM and all the work you did in the role. Being a GM in the VHL can be particularly stressful versus the VHLM, it's one of the reasons why a bunch of us old timers have at times argued that VHLM GM experience doesn't always prepare one for how it works in the VHL. That said, I feel like the tide and times have probably been changing in that regard as the league has filled up with players. 

Regardless of how ultimately your run will be perceived by some members of the community you did a stand up job in what I and probably many other long time GM's/former GM's would say is probably the hardest era to GM for the VHL. In the old era, getting your footing with a bit of indecisiveness the odd season simply didn't cost you as much as it had in this one. All of us who have GM'd long enough could tell you a laundry list of mistakes in hindsight, but circumstances were as such that a high majority of yours wound up being more costly than those exact same mistakes might of been in a less parity filled league. 

Hope to see you stick it out in the league nonetheless and also hope that the dirty laundry you do have to air can be done in a constructive and not...inviting of more drama matter. 

Thanks devise, always liked working alongside you. And I won’t be looking to start shit but, there are definitely people who need to be told off....

1 minute ago, ShawnGlade said:

Lack of time my ass. If i had such a lack of time, why was I making trades all week? What about trade take all month? I missed the draft because I was traveling, how many times do I have to say this? If beav missed a draft, would you consider him inactive? No, you wouldnt

If it was two drafts in a row and he didn't send Jagger or a list in his place, then yes, I would.

If he did it once, I would say it as a joke, like I did with you, but two is too many when you're in the middle of a rebuild.