Vancouver Wolves Defenseman Jeff Downey Changing Up Game

JeffD

Vancouver Wolves Defenseman Jeff Downey Changing Up Game

Vancouver, British Columbia – It is no secret that this past season ended in large disappointment for the Vancouver Wolves. After finishing the season first in the league they managed to squeak by the Toronto Legion in the first round before being knocked off by the eventual cup champions in the Seattle Bears. We caught up with the team’s second pairing defenseman Jeff Downey about his season and his plans going forward.

‘It really was a difficult end to an otherwise great season for this squad. I think I improved fairly substantially from my first year and hope to do so going forward here into season 70. For the first two years of my career I have mainly been a defensive guy with a penchant for getting into passing lanes and using my positioning to make some defensive plays. Going forward I am going to be putting my large frame to work much more often. I am going to be adding a physical piece to my game that hasn’t been seen before. I think it will greatly improve my usefulness on the ice and should actually lead to more offensive production as well.’

Downey has definitely bulked up over the offseason so it should be interesting to see what his physical game looks like in season 70.