Interregnum: An Interview With Scott Greene

DoktorFunk

Seattle, Washington

Scott Greene of the Seattle Bears has been promoted to be the Assistant General Manager of the Mississauga Hounds. We caught up with Greene in his Seattle apartment to get some of his thoughts on helping run the team so far, the brief interregnum period, his short tenure as General Manager before being moved back down to AGM, and whether or not he would like to be a full General Manager in the future.

Interviewer: Good morning Scott! How's it going?

Scott Greene: Really well! Thanks for coming by! 

I: Thanks for having us. So, let's get right to it. You recently got promoted to be the Assistant General Manager of the Mississauga Hounds. Does it mean a lot to you to return to your minor league team and how have you enjoyed it so far?

SG: It's been wonderful. I've always stayed in very close contact with the players in Mississauga, whether it's just making new friends or helping some of the young guys to get their feet under them and develop. It's a wonderful thing to do. So, yes. Of course it's been a pleasure to actually become part of the management team there. Working for Jerry Garcia has been a treat and now it's exciting to be working with my friend Berocka Sundqvist.

I: How did you feel when you were in charge of the team for that few hours while the management was being changed?

SG: *laughs* I was nervous, to be honest. That being said, I think it was okay. I feel like I could've done better, but the team survived and most people seem happy, so it could've been worse. There was a lot of uncertainty for what would happen when Jerry left. He was and kind of always will be the heart of that team. I'm just glad we made it through to the other side.

I: So you weren't super happy with your eight hour performance as General Manager?

SG: *chuckles* No, not really. It was kind of shocking. But it was very exciting.

I: So you wouldn't like to be a General Manager in the future?

SG: Oh I didn't say that. I'd love to be. I think it's a ton of fun to help grow the league and community. I threw my hat in the ring for General Manager of the Halifax 21st. My father was a Satanist, so I think I'd fit in fine. My biggest strengths would be organizing lines and finding chemistry with the players. That would be my favorite part. Because of my obligations to Seattle, I'd love to have a competent Assistant that could help run that team, and I'd love to make it worth their while to do so.

I: Anything else you'd like to say before we wrap this up?

SG: Keep an eye on Mississauga this season. I think Berocka is going to do amazing things. Also, Go Bears and Go Hounds! We Roar, We Score!

With the season coming up, we will see if Greene's words end up being true.

511 Words