Halifax GM Announcement

Banackock

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who applied for this position. Every time, the strong interest to be hired into one of these roles is there and similarly, there's so many awesome candidates who are either ready now (or close to it) or ones that are a bit off but have that strong potential. It's never easy having to go through a bunch of amazing people and choose one for the role, but I'm sure you all understand that it's the business and way she goes. We had a Top 3 at the end but this was the route we decided to go. The other 2 are incredible members - I've reached out to both with my thoughts regarding the situations, and encouraged each to keep up the amazing work. 

Now, this new GM has strong potential, top activity on the site and is a real smart kid. I've worked with him for the World Junior championships and each season I did so, it was a good experience. When he stepped down, I was disappointed but understood. There hasn't been a WJC Commie better than him yet. I think with the right environment and people helping him out, which we're strongly fortunate to have an amazing group of VHLM managers, he strongly has the potential to be a top GM in the VHLM.

Ladies... Gentleman.... BERDZ... and lastly.... Pickles.

pickle dancing GIF

Congrats to @Dil. Best of luck in the Halifax role. Remember the discussions. Kick some butt, buddy! You've earned it.

Thanks,

@VHLM Commissioner

1 hour ago, Peace said:

What a joke. 

Sorry to those who actually deserved this spot for not getting it.

It's awesome to see this attitude from a former GM. Want to know what's better? I love seeing the complete opposite from those who actually applied. We're here to support our members and help guide them into being effective and successful. I think if instead of sitting there and having your mind made up, you'd actually see a really great person hired today. But what do I know? I'm a narcissist asshole. 

Spoiler

Dil is an excellent choice.

His activity is through the roof. I don't think there's really anyone better than that. This is an extreme plus for the role and for retention. Activity is everything that this league is and now HFX, a really poor organization imo, has something they've lacked for a very long time. People throw a lot of shit at him because of how he can be. You throw enough shit and you're going to change how people view him. I worked with him for quite a few seasons in the World Juniors and have had other good, notable members in that role too. Dil is hands down the best WJC commissioner I've had. The contest isn't even close. He's a smart kid too. He's developing apps and helping out with shit on the Discord and whatever. It shows that his heart and passion are there for the VHL and VHLM. It also shows that he's probably smart than you, Peace. He knows what he has to be. I've spoken to him very well prior to any form of decision being made.

Edited by Banackock

*Deep exhale*

Alright Bana calmed me down, so I apologize for the above. I still don’t support Dil in this position after what he’s done I’m the past - most recently with Calgary - but I’m deciding to let go of the darkness to see the light here. 

You ha e your opportunity, Dil. Please don’t squander it. 

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

It also shows that he's probably smart than you, Peace

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

activity is through the roof

and you too, apparently. I will support the #DilOverthrow when it happens

Edited by Banackock

Wait wait wait, we just had this Calgary fiasco happen and this is how we handle it? LMAO

I'm not mad I didn't get it, I knew I wasn't gonna because I'm apparently "inactive" but this is something else

Edited by ShawnGlade

6 hours ago, Banackock said:

It's awesome to see this attitude from a former GM. Want to know what's better? I love seeing the complete opposite from those who actually applied. We're here to support our members and help guide them into being effective and successful. I think if instead of sitting there and having your mind made up, you'd actually see a really great person hired today. But what do I know? I'm a narcissist asshole. 

Reveal hidden contents

Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance

React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior

Edited by Smarch

3 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

this is bullshit and you know it. jk i dont know what happened with the calgary fiasco someone fill me in. thats what she said. title of your sex tape

congrats dil

Hold up what happened at Calgary 

Edited by Nothing but goals