To the Hounds

Gustav

I'm not quite sure how to start this, because a) I suck at intros and b) I want to express my genuine gratitude to a ton of people at the same time without also coming across as weepy or attention-grabby and that's hard to do. The fact is, though, that while I'm super excited to be taking over Davos and I'm genuinely happy to have been given the opportunity to compete at the next level, leaving the Hounds is not something that one just casually does.

I never thought that when the time came for me to move up, my first thought would be "wait, but what about my VHLM team?" but here we are--it's been four seasons and I couldn't have asked for more in any of them--yes, even the one where we tanked. I'm confident that I made the right decision and I love the Davos crew already, but I figure I should drop in a big thank-you note to all those who have helped me get to this point.

Screw it, at this point I know it will absolutely come across as weepy, but whatever. It's all good.

-No article about me thanking people would be complete without me gushing over @Sonnet, and this one is no exception. Though you will once again deny it, I will say with confidence, time and time again, that you are the reason why I didn't leave this league after a few days. Thank you for showing me a great time in Houston and thank you for being the first great person I've met here, on the way to many others.

-A great big thank you goes to @Banackock and @diamond_ace for hiring me in the first place. I probably would have gotten a job at some point, but without you I might have ended up with a different team, with different players, and it all might have worked out much differently.

-Though you'll never see this, @Radcow, thanks for being my AGM in S66. Your enthusiasm and activity did wonders for our community and really helped us get started.

-Thank you to every other GM who helped me with GM things, most notably @Esso2264 who was there just about every time I asked a question about something or other.

-Huge shout out to @Berocka for being the best AGM I could have possibly asked for. There's nobody who would be better in the new Hounds GM role than you, and I think you'll do just as well as I did, if not better.

-I've got to recognize @GlowyGoat as the kindest and most loyal person to ever grace the Hounds with their presence. You've played for us every season (and willingly so), and the effect you've had on our team's environment is unbelievable.

-Finally, the biggest thank you of all goes to everyone who played for the Hounds in our first four seasons--I'm not going to ping you all because that would be ridiculous, but if you're active enough to see this and care enough to read it, then you have brought wonderful things to our team. Our reputation--to quite a few people, anyway--as the place to be in the VHLM, even if we weren't necessarily the best team, is just about entirely owed to you, bringing peace and love and craziness to our locker room on a daily basis. I love you guys and I wish you all the best (except if you're playing against Davos, then I hope you suck).

So, yeah, that's about it. Go get that cup.

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

-Huge shout out to @Berocka for being the best AGM I could have possibly asked for. There's nobody who would be better in the new Hounds GM role than you, and I think you'll do just as well as I did, if not better.

Thank you for 1 getting me to stick around I wouldn't be here without you and 2nd Thank you for giving me the opportunity and teaching me everything you knew about running a team, hopefully I can keep up the brilliance of the MISS LR