Chad Magnum Rookie Experience

Corco

Rookie Experience

Image result for rookie

Expectations: I'm not really sure what to expect for my rookie season; a lot about the VHL has changed since I last had a rookie play in the VHL. I guess my most recent rookie experience would technically be Boner, but I wasn't really active at that point anymore, so I would consider Rudolph Schmeckeldorf to be my truer most recent rookie experience, and boy, what a shit show that was. Schmeckeldorf wasn't a crazy TPE whore, but he wasn't a welfare player either, and yet the sim absolutely SHAT on his during his rookie season. I remember I started the season with around 250 TPE and ended with 325 or something, but only managed to score a measly 9 points in that season. NINE!!! It was especially frustrating as Schmeckeldorf, who would end up being my most productive player, missed a few statistical milestones because of that season. I can't complain too much though, as he would end up with 4 Continental cups to his name, making the postseason every year of his career as well. If I had similar metrics with Magnum, I'd consider myself satisfied. Sadly, I do feel that a horrible rookie season will fall upon Magnum. He's almost the antithesis of Schmeckeldorf, yet he has similar production so far in his career; Schmeckeldorf was a pure passer, I didn't put any TPE into scoring or physical attributes until much later on, while Magnum is the pure scorer/brusier, with no points applied to any finesse or skill attributes.

Reservations: To say I'm not nervous about Magnum's career is an understatement; I genuinely enjoy having "method" or "storyline" VHL players who actually have limitations and aren't just a typical two-way defenseman or scoring forward. I like the idea of having a player who has faults in areas but excels in others, just like real life. The only issue with this though, is that if it doesn't seem to be working, then it can become boring real fast, hence why I eventually gave in with Schmeckeldorf and started adding points to Scoring a few seasons down the line; I just got tired of him not really doing much. With Magnum, I really want him to be a brusier who can score 40 goals a season, but I'm worried about how that might work out. The VHL nowadays appears to be much more about line chemistry as opposed to just TPE-whoring, and if I can't find chemistry early on in Magnum's career, I may find myself adding TPE to other areas just like I did with Schmeckeldorf.

I actually believe that Magnum will be a stud once he forms a line with Graves and Killinger, @Corco

Killinger is that typical two way forward with ton of strength, or so I hope. 

Magnum will be the checker, going in and getting pucks on the line. 

Graves is that pure passer, who will be racking in assists feeding the puck to yourself and Killinger. 

I'm quite excited about it! 

I'll try my best to get you an enjoyable rookie season with Magnum, too!