S71 Draft Profiles - Part 2

Patrik Tallinder

1411372801_tallindersdps.jpg.5ecc9f460aef80e8c4550dc2123bb00e.jpg

And we're off! The season has began and it is time the S71 draftees prove their worth to all the VHL GMs. I'm personally excited to kick off my VHL career, and to see others kick off their VHLM careers. As always, here are my rankings:

1. Kyl Oferson 1

2. Roque Davis 1

3. Erik Killinger -

4. Ola Vikingstad 3

5. Thomas Landry II 1

6. Stone Wolski -

7. Jim Bob 2

8. Hugh Jass -

9. Joakim Bruden -

10. Uhtred -

Quite a bit of movement this week, as I'm still getting a feel for this draft. Oferson takes over the number one spot, and Vikingstad moves up three spots. Jim Bob was moved down two spots, but to no fault of his own, earning 30 TPE this past week. I feel like I may have just had him a bit too high last week. Despite this, with how close the top 7 or so picks have been so far in earning rates, he could find himself back up to the top 5 as soon as next week.

Stats

Once again, there are no stats this week.

News

Kyl Oferson and Roque Davis reached the VHLM TPA limit of 250.

Ola Vikingstad and Jim Bob hit 200 TPE this past week.

- 33 players were created this week.

Ola Vikingstad earned the most TPE this past week, with a total of 34.

Profiles

OTT_bar.png

Richard Penisson - C - 86 TPE

A player with surprisingly no connections to last season's Dick Cheezy, Penisson has earned pretty nicely since joining the league. With 17 this past week, he has been getting even better as of late. The 16 year old has impressive scoring talent, along with puck skills that make it hard for defenders to predict his next move. He hasn't played his first VHLM game yet, but I am really excited to see how his skills translate onto the ice once his season kicks off.

HOU_bar.png

Jeff Blaze - RW - 95 TPE

A first-gen player, Blaze has been off to a blazing start. But besides my underwhelming humour, this statement is very much true, due to him earning a minimum of 9 TPE in all of his four full weeks, even reaching 25 one week. The American winger has a heavy shot, and a dangerous top speed. His build is noticeably well-balanced, showing his versatility and his ability to be effective wherever he is played up and down the lineup. If these first few weeks are an indication of things to come, I'm looking forward to seeing them.

PHI_bar.png

Xavier leFlamant - RW - 109 TPE

A true playmaker, leFlamant possesses vision that not many others do. He is smart with the puck, and has a top tier mind for the game. In terms of his TPE production I would compare him to someone like Leon Gutzwiler, who I covered last season. He doesn't put up a ton of TPE each week, but he is always consistent, and his reliability may cause teams to take interest. Gutzwiler ended up a second round pick, so not too bad a position to be in. He'll definitely be one I'll keep my eye on as the season progresses.