3 sims in

McWolf

We are 3 sims in, teams played 6 or 7 games. Time for some early and biased obsevartions on the season.

- Joseph McWolf isn't blocking as many shots as I hoped he would. He was a stable defensive contributor, blocking over 100 shots and getting over 200 hits every season so far in his career, which is probably not something that happened often over the course of a full career. Now in his last season, he looks like he might miss the century mark for the only time in hs career, which is an absolute shame.

- It's tough to get too excited for that, given how early we are, but I love seeing McWolf near the top in the assists leaderboard (8, 1 away from Chico Smeb) and in the dmen scoring leaderboard (8, 2 away from Smitty #1). Still waiting for the long awaited first goal since the return to the big apple.

- Talking of which, New York has been doing good. 9 points in 7 games, 1 away from the 3 teams leading the race with 10. Our special jnits suck so far, but it's still an encouraging start to the season. I love how Riga and Malmo are 9th and 12th in the league. Normally teams get a boost when I leave them, now it looks like they might miss McW.

- D.C. has been disappointing so far. Only 2 wins in 6 games. The wins came against Vancouver and Seattle, probably the favourites to win the Cup at the moment. Aaltonen-Frostbeard looked like a match made in heaven on paper but they had trouble scoring together so far. We'll see, it's still early.

- I'm excited to recreate at the TDL. Not gonna spoil everything, but I'm definitely making a center, and probably going for a disciplined sniper kind of build. Extreme opposite from McWolf, the harbinger of bodychecks, who should retire near the top 10 all time for dmen hits and PIM.

- Happy to see Jet Jaguar leads the league with 6 goals in 6 games. If he keeps it up, I might get more than 1 prediction point this season for the first time in probably ever. I really suck at predictions.