When is it time to hang up your skates?

BladeMaiden

When is it time to hang up your skates?

As Brick gets older it is finally getting to the point where you should  ask when is it right to hang up your skates? As a person who played hockey in my real life I can say when the injuries outweighed the joy of playing I found my natural stopping point. Although i do admit to being stubborn and probably playing past what would have been seen as reasonable for most people, but hey I really loved the game. 

For those of you who don't know I joined the VHL and created Wahl probably because I missed hockey so much and if I am honest I am not surprised  I made a goalie. I can't think of another position I would have ever wanted to be. I joined the Las Vegas Aces under @Jubo07 who was at that time a hot shot VHLM GM and never really looked back. When Wahl got traded to Sask and got his VHLM cup I though maybe my player would have more success and talent than I ever managed to muster in real life. I found out however that maybe Wahl and I stayed very true to each other. I am not complaining on how his career has turned out, even though he has never been the best Wahl is consistent and solid. I can honestly say the only thing that tarnished his reputation was me the user behind him. I can not deny however that despite how many times Brick has done well in non-typical competition like world championships that he will never make the Hall Of Fame like his uncle and namesake made by @Advantage. If i had known this going in i would have perhaps given Wahl a less prolific name and maybe that would have given him a better chance.  I can't see Wahl  becoming  that much better in his last seasons...so that leaves me with a question that I have contemplated since I left the Reapers. "When is it ok to hang up your skates?" and I think the better question for a member like me who has never actually managed to leave even when i intended to "When should i leave them hung up?" I've been asked a bit about my next player but if i am honest Brick may be my one and only. To this day I do not regret the creation of my electric boogaloo Wahl but I am just not sure if the VHL deserves a BladeMaiden Sequel.

At this time I am happy to be able to enjoy seeing Calgary flourish, even if it is without me.  @Bushito the team is looking amazing so far and I am so thankful to be ending my VHL stint with a supportive GM like @diamond_ace who has welcomed me to his team with open arms.

I know this is a weird one but sometimes these VHL.coms just turn into Blade thoughts 101 lol

Edited by BladeMaiden

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Wahl for HoF and I won't have it any other way

Only You would say this....

McLovin', the man, the Myth, the Legend ❤️

a great player and an even better friend

Thanks I hope Halfkey really turns it out this season ;) HOF for him for sure lol