Thoughts from the Starter

Brrbisbrr

I know people are wondering where I went.  Sometimes you just go through things.  A lot of people don’t understand the mental demons that others fight every day.  You can’t, it’s not something you can explain, and if you tried… it just wouldn’t make sense.  You can’t just “suck it up and play”.  Chemicals are a funny, fickle thing.  I had to do something.  I had to get some help.  Everything was piling up.  My friend’s death, homesickness, and even some agoraphobia was setting in.  I had never been this far away from home, things were different.

I got some help.  It seems to help all around.  I’m playing the best hockey of my career and I’m glad to see all of my friends in the league again.  I’m sorry for what happened, I wish I could explain it all and make everyone understand.  I just can’t.  Sorry for bailing on my team and I’m sorry if my play cost ShawnGlade his job.  

Speaking of the elephant in the room.  I like Gustav.  Change is always an uneasy thing and even though I’m not a fan of how it was handled, I think it will be a good change.  We’re having a better start than I thought we would.  I shutout Riga, one of the star teams of the league, and we are playing everyone close.  The locker room seems alive again.  I guess we will see where it goes from here.  Hopefully I can keep these numbers up.  I feel like I am making a positive difference for Davos.  I think I’m starting to make a name for myself here, but boy has it been a long road.  Maybe one day I can sit down and explain what went on in my head.  Maybe one day the chemicals will set me free.

Since this is 300 words, I'm claiming it for two weeks.

On 1/25/2020 at 9:51 AM, Brrbisbrr said:

Since this is 300 words, I'm claiming it for two weeks.

Unfortunately VHL.com articles are not able to be claimed for multiple weeks. Only Media Spots and Podcasts are able to be claimed for multiple weeks.