And we're off

Steve

The season has started and it feels good to be back on the ice. The off season was just a bit too long for my taste but I understand there are a lot of things that happen in that time period. Still, glad it is over and the games are flowing.

We, Seattle, are taking our time to get our game back. I think we spent a bit too much time celebrating our cup win and it clearly shows that our players are not up to speed yet. Winning the cup two years straight will do that to a team. I expect to be fully recovered in short order though. Our GM will crack the whip and get all of us on the same page.

Meanwhile, the league looks healthy. I mean many teams are playing really good out of the gate. This a great to see and I hope the new teams keep on a steady roll towards the top. I think there isn't a bad GM in the league and they all are doing what they need to do to succeed. A very good time to be in the league. Nobody wants a one or two team league with the others just there as fillers.

I look forward to this season playing out and I think we will be in the mix for a playoff spot to defend the cup.