Zoiderblog

Hey Bears,

And anyone else that cares to read this,

Some of you have pointed out that I haven't been as active lately, and I figure it's time to give some updates as to what's going on and how I've been dealing (or not dealing) with it recently. I'm not sure if this is eligible for media spot consideration, but it's a bit of a long-winded explanation, so I figure the least I can do is try.

First things first is family. IRL my parents are super-athletes. Despite both being in their sixties, they both routinely run marathons and have several Ironman triathalons a piece under their belts. It's part of their entire identity as people. That's what made it hard when in 2019 my mother was diagnosed with an irregular pulse that was going to require monitoring. After several months of monitoring and testing, the Cardiology team determined that she was going to need some sort of medical intervention. Fortunately, mapping of her heart determined that she was eligible for a ventricular fribulation - a relatively non-invasive procedure where a surgeon runs a node up through your femoral artery into your heart to fry the piece of your heart that is missfiring with an electrode. I spent a full day in the hospital with my father while mom underwent the procedure, and what was supposed to be a three hour routine outpatient procedure turned into a six hour surgery and a mostly-overnight stay. There were complications, but she was released the next morning.

The following day my parents decided to drive back to their hometown, but barely made it an hour out of the city before the pain my mom was in was too much for her to handle, and they were forced to stop at a suburb's hospital. Mom was admitted, and a fresh ECG showed she had significant fluid buildup in the cavity between her heart and lungs, causing her unexpected pain. They dealt with it there, but me and the siblings still left work that day and made the drive to be with her until she was released that night. Thankfully, that was the end of the complications, but it's been a long road to recovery for the old girl. 

This is a part one of my absence, it's been mostly stress related in relation to my family, and trying to spend less of my free time in front of a computer screen. I care about you all dearly, and hope you'll understand that what I've run into lately is stress overflow into other parts of my life. Please don't think I haven't been around because I don't want to be, I just reach a point sometimes when I need to decide which balls I can let fall to make sure the others don't share that fate. This time, it's been the VHL and unfortunately that has meant my relationships with some of you and my player's progress. I can't ask for your forgiveness in this, only your understanding.

Over the next week I'm going to make an effort to continue my writing, but if it doesn't come easily, please know that it's not because of any of you or my relationship with the league. I'm in a period of recovery myself right now after a very rough few weeks, but I will soldier on as best I can.

Thank you all, with love,

HZ

569 Words

TPE for week ending January 26

@Banackock @diamond_ace @Berocka @Acydburn @DoktorFunk

Edited by HenrikZoiderberg

Family has to come before everything else. Check your discord PMs when it is convenient for you to do so - no rush, just a bit more in detail on the condolences side of it. You'll always have a spot here no matter where your priorities lie at the moment, and right now that's obviously with your mother.

A similar event happened to me actually and thats why I had to step away from the league for a bit. This week I'm going to try and come back fully and oddly I feel guilty to take the time to do it.

Anyways, enough about me. I wanted to say I'm real sorry to hear about your mother and I hope everything goes well with her and your family.

Edited by fonziGG