Season 37 a Testament to the VHL!

Devise

We spend a lot of time criticising and breaking down the systems that make the VHL run. We are always looking to make changes, to keep recruitment as high as it can be so that we have little down years. But we often never look at how many great things we have done and how good this league is. 

It was only September of last year that we were forced to swtich sites, things were looking grim. Sure we still had a core group of players and members, but could we ever recover? If we could recover could be try to reach the growth and potential the site used to have? But as generally goes, we slowly but surely returned to business as usual. With that "as usual" we started to pay more attention to continuing to improve the league and less attention to how much we actually have improved it.

Now we are only 3 full seasons past the move. It is amazing to me that it has only take this long to see a VHL that I will say is probably the most active and engaged than I have ever seen it in my nearly three years of being with this site. 

When I was doing World Cup players it stunned me to see how many semi active to active players we have in this league. But more than that how many of them have showed up to earn capable TPE. Those of you who follow the Pajodcast might have heard me mention this stat, but we have 52 players in this league who have near or over 400 TPE. When I say near it is like 390's. That is insane. To get to 400 TPE that requires at least 4 active seasons of quality welfare as well as other things. Of course we have tons of elite players who are higher than that. But the point still remains. The changes we have made to this league are paying dividends. The amount of effort and push we have had to keep the league as busy and active as possible is showing results.

Season 37 also marked one of the biggest amounts of league parity during the regular season of any in recent VHL history. We had 8 competitive teams. 8 teams with winning records. 8 teams that on any given night could beat the best team in the league. Going further than that, look at the amount of quality starting goalies we have in this league. Currently we have all 10 teams in the VHL currently with an active goalie or a prospect who is already lined up and ready to slot in for the future. One of the most important positions in the league and we don't see a team struggling to find a player to fill the role. 

Arguments could be made that the VHLM has certainly suffered from the amount of quality players who have landed in the VHL. And while those arguments don't fall on deaf ears, the point of the VHLM has always been to grow players to enhance the VHL. If anything the VHLM is running as good as it ever has because it's task is being achieved ten fold.

Ultimately I just wanted to take this opportunity state that Season 37 is a land mark one for this league. It wasn't just smoothly run from the blue team and the sim being on time. It was more than that. We have a ever expanding community of solid players. We have a large amount of quality members and active players. And we have a good support system of members who despite all this still refuse to rest on the ideas we have in place. We still look to improve this site. My hats off to everyone in the VHL for making this in my mind a fantastic place to be! 

This is the troll post for the Pajodcast, isn't it?

No. Didn't do any posting for Pajodcast this week, and we changed how we do that anyway.