SEA/DAV; S70

VHL Bot

Just now, GustavMattias said:

Davos also receives Alex Bridges.

@Banackock

This is correct. 

@Alex Bridge Best of luck in Davos. I think you fit Davos' plan a little better than Seattle's and with Gustav leading the way, your chances of success are much better due to his teams current state.. of... nothing but picks.

Gud dealz Gewstav

*removes Shawn because he kept delaying rebuild*

*davos continues to delay rebuild*

In all seriousness I get trying to get more picks in an era where 2nds have much more value than they used to, but in order to help Davos a reputable place to play again, you need star players/members, and those usually are not available in the 2nd round. I get that you’re also getting NYA’s 1st in 72, but the rebuild really needs to stop being delayed. I think Seattle wins this trade.

Edited by Corco

So look Davos trades 1 pick for a player and 2 picks. Gets blasted for it.  Who knows with draft picks.  What happens if the star player that gets drafted in that spot goes inactive? 

Shawn didn't get removed because the rebuild took too long. Davos made the playoffs 2 seasons ago. How long does vhl rules permit a rebuild to take?

Just now, Brrbisbrr said:

So look Davos trades 1 pick for a player and 2 picks. Gets blasted for it.  Who knows with draft picks.  What happens if the star player that gets drafted in that spot goes inactive? 

Shawn didn't get removed because the rebuild took too long. Davos made the playoffs 2 seasons ago. How long does vhl rules permit a rebuild to take?

Shawn did 3 rebuilds since i've been here 6 seasons ago

There’s still a question mark by Bridges(sorry pal). As I’m sure we’re all hoping he can stay active, we just don’t know for sure if he will be two, three or more seasons from now.  Davos is gonna have to bank on the 72 draft being really deep because NYA looks to be on the come-up and their pick likely isn’t going to be in the lottery. Unless they turn into the Bears right now. Seattle wins though. That’s my brainless take on it. 

9 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

Isn't Bridges retired though? 

He did, but I presume he was given a behind the scenes unretirement cause he’s listed as active on portal and , although we haven’t received any word on the usual unretiring punishments, he’s still able to update him. 

1 hour ago, Brrbisbrr said:

I don’t think they’re getting blasted, I don’t think this is a terrible deal value-wise, I just don’t think it’s the right move for Davos at the moment; there’s always a risk with people going inactive, but I’m betting that Toronto’s 1st this season (1-4 overall) is less likely to be inactive than the 2nd rounder and NYA’s 1st in two seasons, which likely won’t be a lottery pick (but who knows)z

Edited by Corco

Initial take: This is an excellent deal for Davos.... if it was completed in the VHLM.

Lottery picks in the VHLM stick around typically one season before graduation. So for a team rebuilding, acquiring a 2nd and a future first gives you two key pieces in two seasons. In terms of VHL value; lottery picks can be franchise players and the first round in the S71 draft is shaping up to support that point. But there are a lot of if's and unknowns here as we all value picks differently and as GM's have our own team roadmaps in mind. Gustav could be laughing in a couple seasons looking back at these trade reviews. Bridges is a nice addition and I hope he works his way to being a top player for them.

3 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

Initial take: This is an excellent deal for Davos.... if it was completed in the VHLM.

Lottery picks in the VHLM stick around typically one season before graduation. So for a team rebuilding, acquiring a 2nd and a future first gives you two key pieces in two seasons. In terms of VHL value; lottery picks can be franchise players and the first round in the S71 draft is shaping up to support that point.

Basically this, but also important to note that the difference between 1st overall and a later 1st in the same draft (although this one is later, I know) is quite a bit bigger in the VHL than the VHLM, since most of the first rounders in the M are going to cap out anyways while the top earners in any draft can come close to doubling the earnings of the late 1st rounders in the same draft.

4 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

Bridges is a nice addition and I hope he works his way to being a top player for them.

Haven't seen any announcement of unretirement either, but idk

He for sure did come out of retirement. We were under the assumption he posted on the forums. I’ve let him know to post on here as well as there was some minor confusion. :) 

Seattle wins the deal in my eyes but only because we’re getting a top quality Pick added onto a top quality roster. 

Davos, however, did add a 1st and a 2nd + a prospect that could work out. NYA is good, but so is Malmo/Seattle this year haha.. Bridge is a good guy and messed up on retirement. If he works out, it’s a decent deal.  It Isn’t much different than that old TOR deal send dollars for seemingly bitcoin hoping it turns back into better dollars than the dollars spent.. 2nds have also turned out to be very great and if recruitment team keeps firing off, that’ll be the case here. 

Davos has more and more assets. Honestly don’t feel like it’s too much of a win/loss like people think and that truly, it depends how you look at it but mostly also depends on AB. Gustav will have much better time giving time to his development as opposed to me. I do not think the same stigma of Davos will continue and that nothing is really “being pushed off” and is more focused on patience and just making sure the job is done differently compared to prior GM’s styles. 

After already having completed this trade and seeing what everyone has to say about it, I can say that I probably would not have gone for this had I known what the reaction would be. I probably should have kept the pick, I think I got decent value out of it but probably a stupid move nonetheless to get rid of it, unless I was getting way overpaid. Coming into this job I had no idea what I was doing (still really have no idea), so if I just did something stupid I'm hardly surprised.

With that being said, though, I'm confident that if the next two drafts go well, Davos will be a good team. Since I've taken it over, activity has gone up, the team is getting more involved, our goalie is active again, and we've still got a ton of future assets. I've got a plan in place as far as drafts go and I don't believe this move, if indeed it doesn't end up going my way, will be the end of it all...we'll still be good, I'm doing all I can with what little knowledge I've got at the moment, and people still want to play for us (I think). I'm somewhat frustrated at myself now that I see that the popular opinion seems to be that this sucked, but right now it's just up to me to make something out of it. And that's something I fully intend to do and do well.

12 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Coming into this job I had no idea what I was doing (still really have no idea), so if I just did something stupid I'm hardly surprised.

See, the secret is that nobody has any idea what they're doing.

@GustavMattias Best stop caring now how others react to trades etc. There’s always someone out there. You’ll learn this over time. Not every trade you make people are going to agree with but it’s your plan and vision that are leading their teams, not their reactions. Ive had people mock me for moves and my roster and then went on to wins cups! Ive made quite a few deals where the hand was forced. Most just comment for the sake of it without actually viewing the team and entertaining the GM’s perspectives or situations. They’re not aware of your plan or thinking. 

You do you, man. It’s your team. Your vision. Build it how you want, not based off how you think Eno is going to react. 

Edited by Banackock