SEA/DAV; S70

VHL Bot

3 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

After already having completed this trade and seeing what everyone has to say about it, I can say that I probably would not have gone for this had I known what the reaction would be.

Nah, people thought that the TOR/DAV trade was bad because I gave away a 'lotto pick' and a second round pick for Chad Magnum and Jaxx Hextall essentially. The value was agreeable to me regardless of what other people think. In the thread most people were 'ah, Davos won this trade!" but when it came to the public vote it wasn't so black and white last I checked. A lot of people thought Toronto came out ahead. Not majority, but not totally in favor of Davos like everyone was thinking. 

What a lot of people are still thinking is Alex Bridges is retired. He isn't, I know this because I was talking to Rayzor about his recreate not being on his team or something like that and he mentioned Seattle pressed for him to just un-retire his old player since he was so new anyway. If you direct your attention to his update log... Yes, there it is, updated for the week ending Feb. 02!

Learn from the trades you complete. There's a lesson every time. 

1 hour ago, Peace said:

Nah, people thought that the TOR/DAV trade was bad because I gave away a 'lotto pick' and a second round pick for Chad Magnum and Jaxx Hextall essentially. The value was agreeable to me regardless of what other people think. In the thread most people were 'ah, Davos won this trade!" but when it came to the public vote it wasn't so black and white last I checked. A lot of people thought Toronto came out ahead. Not majority, but not totally in favor of Davos like everyone was thinking. 

What a lot of people are still thinking is Alex Bridges is retired. He isn't, I know this because I was talking to Rayzor about his recreate not being on his team or something like that and he mentioned Seattle pressed for him to just un-retire his old player since he was so new anyway. If you direct your attention to his update log... Yes, there it is, updated for the week ending Feb. 02!

Learn from the trades you complete. There's a lesson every time. 

im out GIF

52 minutes ago, STZ said:

GMs should post their trades on forum before accepting to see how popular opinion reacts.

Not really a fan of this, even though popular opinion seems to be that I got screwed over.

Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from screwing up and learning from it. Did I screw up? Most here seem to think so. It's quite possible that I did--it's a decent trade if Bridges works out and I'm able to use the picks well, but that's more of an "if" than the pick I traded. But whatever, you win some, you lose some, if I've lost, so what? What if I end up drafting a future Hall-of-Famer with one of those picks and whoever Seattle goes for pulls a Bryce Zhields and disappears? Unlikely, but possible. I completely understand the negative feedback and I agree with a good amount of it, but if something like this happens I'm going to bump this thread and laugh at everyone in it. But, again, good decisions come from experience, and that from bad decisions, and I'm well aware I've got quite a few bad decisions ahead of me to learn from, and if I handle it right after the fact I'll be much better for it.

What if every GM were so impressionable that they just let popular opinion tell them what to do? As much as making a (possibly) bad trade isn't a good look, it's an even worse look than going out and telling everyone "hey, I'm going to do this" and then backing out of it after you're told, in public, that this is not the right move for your team. It makes you look like you're not in control of your own situation at all--everyone else is. If I'm making Davos good, I'd like to be the one who does it. And, if it turns out in the long run that I'm a complete idiot, that will be nobody's fault but mine.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text. I actually really appreciate some of the feedback I've gotten from this deal, and a big thank you to those of you who honestly want me to do well as a GM.

23 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Not really a fan of this, even though popular opinion seems to be that I got screwed over.

Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from screwing up and learning from it. Did I screw up? Most here seem to think so. It's quite possible that I did--it's a decent trade if Bridges works out and I'm able to use the picks well, but that's more of an "if" than the pick I traded. But whatever, you win some, you lose some, if I've lost, so what? What if I end up drafting a future Hall-of-Famer with one of those picks and whoever Seattle goes for pulls a Bryce Zhields and disappears? Unlikely, but possible. I completely understand the negative feedback and I agree with a good amount of it, but if something like this happens I'm going to bump this thread and laugh at everyone in it. But, again, good decisions come from experience, and that from bad decisions, and I'm well aware I've got quite a few bad decisions ahead of me to learn from, and if I handle it right after the fact I'll be much better for it.

What if every GM were so impressionable that they just let popular opinion tell them what to do? As much as making a (possibly) bad trade isn't a good look, it's an even worse look than going out and telling everyone "hey, I'm going to do this" and then backing out of it after you're told, in public, that this is not the right move for your team. It makes you look like you're not in control of your own situation at all--everyone else is. If I'm making Davos good, I'd like to be the one who does it. And, if it turns out in the long run that I'm a complete idiot, that will be nobody's fault but mine.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text. I actually really appreciate some of the feedback I've gotten from this deal, and a big thank you to those of you who honestly want me to do well as a GM.

it was a joke. But nice jab I’ll never play for you.

44 minutes ago, STZ said:

it was a joke. But nice jab I’ll never play for you.

I mean, I have seen much dumber things be suggested seriously...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2020 at 9:56 AM, ShawnGlade said:

ok, i just saw this

what the fuck. i grinded my ass off for 3 days to get that lotto pick and it just gets traded away

The irony that he now has 3 lotto picks

On 2/5/2020 at 9:56 AM, ShawnGlade said:

ok, i just saw this

what the fuck. i grinded my ass off for 3 days to get that lotto pick and it just gets traded away

Grinded for three days? 

I offered you a trade and you accepted it less than two hours later. 

kevin hart what GIF