Making EN an earnable attribute

studentized

So initially I was just going to submit this to Suggestions sub forum, but I need the TPE and I think I can make 150 words of this. If anymore ends up agreeing or has information to add, feel free to start a post there as well.

Currently we default EN to 99 for all players. Part of the reasoning for this was that we didn't even know if EN rating was taken into account in the 1.1 sim engine (which we still use afaik). From my own personal findings, the EN rating DOES have an effect (even as early as 1.1) and its two fold.

It affects how quickly a player becomes fatigued; which in turns affects how many minutes they end up playing in the game. It also affects the severity of the fatigue penalty that is applied. 

Obviously I haven't confirmed the effect this would have using our particular player ratings file/league file, so going forward with this probably warrants some independent testing on the VHL side (I don't expect anyone to immediately take my word for it). However, I do think it would add an interesting wrinkle to building players and I'm sure the bog could come up with a good way to grandfather existing players into a non-99 value.

To those with STHS licences, let me know if you've seen similar things with tweaking the EN rating. Having someone else verify would probably push something like this through sooner (or put it at rest forever if for some reason the effect it has looks negligible).

I actually like this idea. I don’t know how much but SHL does it and it’s whatever. 

Everyone is freaking out right now about inflation and update scale in the BoG or whatever...

Is this not an extremely easy answer? 80-90 was always a good range I think on SHL do it would be a good way to get rid of a nice little chunk of TPE. My only issue with it would be regression but I think with everyone in the same level, we’d essentially have fairness across the board. Just depends how people build and save. 

Thank you @studentized for the suggestion and putting in effort bettering the league. Sometimes some members in the BoG get way too ahead of themselves and whenever things arise, we got back to what we know and typically what we know is a whole system or picture. This is a great example of looking within the picture and finding ways to make it even better without major overhaul. 

@BOG

Edited by Banackock

Just as an fyi for the league, Bana wasn't aware but discussion was already ongoing about this. Both a blue and a BoG member had voiced support for seeing Endurance turned on during test sims, so it's absolutely something we are willing to see what it does, and if we can  make it worthwhile for our league. As Bana said though, we always appreciate the input and suggestions.

:cheers: 

My primary concern with this is I don't believe this is compatible with our 6F 4D 1G set up.

If we ran 3 lines, then sure, maybe, but running 2 lines, I don't see it working or it being a positive.

And no, I don't think we should deviate from our current roster set up, as we'd be changing around a lot of things for something that isn't broken.

10 minutes ago, flyersfan1453 said:

If we ran 3 lines, then sure, maybe, but running 2 lines, I don't see it working or it being a positive.

See this is where we seem to be heading but Mr Beaviss would rather expand then increase the salary cap to allow it 

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Rayzor_7 said:

See this is where we seem to be heading but Mr Beaviss would rather expand then increase the salary cap to allow it 

I dislike pointless expansion probably more than most but expansion is still a better option that teams running 4 full lines. I can tell you that this season I’m playing only third line minutes and it already feels like basically nothing. You have someone playing 4th line they’ll be getting next to no ice time and they’ll be bored out of their mind. Expansion is better than full rosters.

Which is the exact problem I’ve always had with Endurance, the same problem @flyersfan1453 has. With rosters how we have them set up you’ll get CPU’s taking ice time away from players which is never something we want.

The best part about this debate is y'all thinking a little bit more ice time is suddenly going to make you all get the stats you deserve. You share rosters with players with attributes near yours. There is no world where every 500+ TPE player is good in the sim. We got too many of em. First line, second line, third line, it won't matter. Always a handful of really good players will struggle and not be happy about it. Team and line chemistry and luck matters more than minutes. 

4 hours ago, Beketov said:

With rosters how we have them set up you’ll get CPU’s taking ice time away from players which is never something we want.

Could give CPU players low/0 EN, so they get fatigued even faster and play less.

5 hours ago, Devise said:

The best part about this debate is y'all thinking a little bit more ice time is suddenly going to make you all get the stats you deserve. You share rosters with players with attributes near yours. There is no world where every 500+ TPE player is good in the sim. We got too many of em. First line, second line, third line, it won't matter. Always a handful of really good players will struggle and not be happy about it. Team and line chemistry and luck matters more than minutes. 

Twinger

Logan Laich?

Adding endurance will make the gap between the haves and have nots even wider and the major top tpe whores will be able to play even longer and score more points. This billionaire class is not paying their fair share in taxes and wages are not rising. 

#Feel the Bern