Elmebeck has passed away.

Peace

This is not a joke.

This morning -- at roughly 2:32 AM Mountain -- Elmbeck's brother got in touch with me to announce some very unfortunate news: one of our members has passed away. Fredrik (Elmebeck's real name) passed away late Friday night, early Saturday morning. I get the honor of announcing this to the community he enjoyed -- a hockey community that brings people together -- and salute the memories and friends he made. Hockey is a sport that connects individuals, and those of us who got to know him a little will remember him.

Elmebeck and I shared a lot of stories during our time together in Saskatoon, and I will always be jealous of his nature life. I won't share personal stories, and I won't share the details of his death, but if you wish to contact his brother you can do so by clicking this tag: @Magnus NilssonPlease do not spam Magnus, as both he and his family are mourning the loss of a family member. 

Rest In Peace, 
Elmebeck!

Very sad news. I did not know him very well, but he seemed very genuine with everything he did and seemed very happy and at peace with the world. We always praise our community for how tight-knit it is, and for a man I never met, his loss is like a punch to the gut. This is such a sad day for all of us, and I hope we can bond together to do something for his family. 

Beautiful souls are a rare commodity. It’s even more rare that someone’s beauty is so immense that it can be transmitted through written words on the internet. 

Elmebeck was one of those beautiful souls. In even the briefest of interactions, his positivity and love hit you strong enough to overwhelm whatever negativity you might be holding on to. It was impossible to not be affected by his light. With his passing, the world became dimmer.

Edited by DMaximus

He has helped me my entire time here. This is the saddest news I have ever heard. Thanks guys for sharing this, but I cannot believe this has happened. May he rest in peace now. We won't forget you, rest easy up in heaven.

This is awful. There are only a few people in this league that I've ever connected with to the point that we'd have hour-long conversations in DMs late at night about whatever came to mind, and Elmebeck was one of them. Though I never knew him personally, there's no way that anything he said wasn't genuine--this was a person who really cared about our league, yes, but on a much more important level, this was a person who really cared about each and every person in it. That's something that's impossible to replace.

To all those positively affected by him, in real life and otherwise, let us carry the good he brought us with us into our own lives and pay it forward. My best wishes go to his family and friends during this difficult time.

Very sad news. I did not have the pleasure of interacting with him but from what I am hearing he was a really positive person who had a lasting impact on several members of the community. Rest in peace.

• Commissioner

Unbelievably tragic news, my deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Thank you for your contributions to the league Elmebeck, you will be sorely missed. 

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

Sorry to hear about this. Loss is never easy. Rest easy, @Elmebeck

MINOR VHLM ANNOUNCEMENT

Furthering,

The VHLM has put a halt on all trades and free agent signings (not waivers..) for a period of 24 hours from this post out of respect and silence for our fellow GM and league member who will be missed around the boards. It's a weird day in the VHL that I'm unsure has happened often (or maybe at all for the VHL). It's something we do not plan for or ever really expect to see or hear or come about. It's hard to react to just because its so.. mind numbing. It's good to see the community come together to celebrate a good man that the league has lost. 

If anyone needs an ear and wants to talk, my PM lines and Discord are always open as well. This extends from this situation to any form of future situation you may face in life.  

:cheers:

Edited by Banackock

Talked with him twice this last week on voice. What a brilliant guy and extremely talented musician.. A great loss for our community and everyone who could call him their friend. My most sincere condolences to his family..

RIP Elmebeck. I’m sorry to hear of your passing it sounds like you made a great positive impact on people and loved nature. Those are two things I can respect. Fly high VHL Brother. ?