A Journey In Time

Kendrick

Close to 70 seasons ago there was a plan in action and it was a plan put in motion by several members of the VHL executives. That plan was to expand and that plan wasn't one they were considering very quickly as the league had just opened up. When opening a league you do need to think of what happens if your member base reaches a bigger number and we need to expand. Who becomes the General Manager(s) and how to do we reward these franchises draft picks in the next entry draft. Not only that but you have to think about branding and other things that create a lasting impression on your new recruits. Recruiting has come a long way since then and the VHL has not only expanded it's professional league but also has an ever expanding VHLM league. Many cities have not got a close enough look and in the coming weeks I will address the cities that may feel slighted by the VHL brass as they have never truly had an opportunity to shine on their own stage in this atmosphere. I have felt that the VHL needs to expand to markets not currently tapped into by both the SHL and NHL executives. The VHL continues to try and spruce themselves up and they have done a bang up job.

Edited by Kendrick

19 hours ago, flyersfan1453 said:

Agree that we should try to avoid cities with NHL teams, but with 32 cities in North America, it's hard to sometimes without having some ridiculous cities.

That's true. I know Cleveland, Cincinnati, Salt Lake City, Kansas City, San Francisco, Sacramento, Portland, Tacoma, Fredricton, Hartford, Shreveport, Tucson, Louisville are all options. Heck we could have Kelowna, Regina.

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Tacoma,

I stg if we put a team in Tacoma when Seattle already has a team, I'm gonna riot.

Tucson, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Salt Lake, KC, and Kelowna are good options though.