Moscow Enjoying 12 Game Point Streak

Kyle

Moscow "Menacing" the VHL With 12 Game Point Streak

image.thumb.png.0a93d94c26fd573919178056c21b5f33.png

Moscow is currently the hottest team in the VHL right now, riding a 12 game point streak that sees them with 11 wins and 1 overtime loss in those 12 games. Their offense has been scorching hot with nearly all of their veteran players blowing past a point per game average. What's helped Moscow besides their offense, has been their young goaltender Ray Bernard has finally started to round into his own after initially slightly struggling to begin the season.

Despite this run that Moscow is currently on, they are still only a mere 3 points ahead of Vancouver for the league lead. If they want to manage to hold strong and wrangle home ice advantage throughout the playoffs, they will need their depth players to continue to contribute they way they have been so far this season. We manage to get a hold of Dean Clarke who is often out of the limelight in Moscow for his thoughts on the season.

"It's been nice being on such a run, it's a fun group of guys to be playing with and it's definitely been one of the high points of being on Moscow so far in my career. But everyone in this locker room knows our real goal is to win the Continental Cup. So this is all us just working towards that and we all need to continue to get better as the season progresses. I want to win here with this group and I think this year and the next is our true window." -Dean Clarke

Moscow plays the New York Americans in their next game, a home and home series against conference rival Helsinki and then they return to play the Americans again. The point streak will certainly not be easy to maintain these next 4 games, but Moscow has been able to squeak out a lot of tightly contest games this season.