Questions and statements

Zyrok

Today I thought about making some more interaction with my teammates here in Ottawa, I wanted to ask them questions and know their opinion on various things, I've been welcomed greatly and although on the sims I'm barely getting any points I hope that by improving my player is able to apport something to the team and show the league why they chose me and now that the draft is arriving to make the VHL teams now that I'm here and that they should keep and eye on me.
The questions I ask are very basic as this is just a basic first touch and first impressions, I would probably get deeper as the seasons go through and I get to know them better as I think we're going to keep growing toguether (at least that is my hope) and that we're able to win the cup this year and some more!!
This are the answers of @jRuutu
1. What are your goals with ottawa this season?
Winning the championship is number one, fairly surely my last chance to win it, so doing all I can to make that happen. On individual level hitting 100 points and 300 hits would be cool, those are obviously a lot higher goals now than before the season started, but good year so far means increased expectations!

2. What do you think about the latests results...?
Bit unlucky maybe, in the last five games we have three OT or SO losses, those games could have gone either way. Sucks to lose them, that is something that gives us fire and hunger to improve our game as a team and also on individual level.  Need to find ways to turn tight games into our victory.

3. How do you think the team could improve?
Our powerplay could be better, currently around 17%, which is middle of the pack. When the best teams have their powerplay almost at 30% - we could do better in that area. Powerplay is going to be key when playoffs start.

4. Have you got any desires of becoming an AGM/GM? Why?
At the moment no, I don´t have the patience for the job in a way. Dealing with people who do things differently will almost surely make me lose my shit, what I think is only fair and in good spirit is something that some might not even care about, so at least full time GM job is not going to be for me. Assistant GM in the future maybe, could be fun to try management role out in VHL, never had a GM job in here. 

5. Who do you think is the most active one in the LR?
Tough to say, I think we got pretty mixed group at the moment, obviously some Europeans and then perhaps users who consider VHL as their second leagues right now in the simulation hockey world, that makes it tough sometimes to get longer conversations going on, multiple users pop in here and there, but I´m fairly sure the place will keep on getting more active the closer we get to playoffs, that is when the real fun starts after all!

6. To what team of the VHL would you like to go when you're called up?
You know what, I have no idea :p No specific teams that I would like to play or avoid playing in, as long as there is honest communication and I get the sense that the organization is moving forward - I´m happy to play for whatever team picks me. Only matter of time before the team starts winning if and when right pieces are in place.

7. If suddenly the team has to exchange good players for high-picks, what pick do you think the team could get for you?
Maybe a fourth round pick if some team happens to have multiple and need to get some immediate help to their roster, I´m going to move up to VHL in near future, so that seriously hurts my trade value.  In the VHL the case will be different, I´m a young active winger, that could bring cool return, maybe even a first round pick or some similar level younger player.

This are the answers of @PickledDills
1. What are your goals with ottawa this season?
To win the cup of course!?
2. What do you think about the latests results...?
Well we have been struggling a little, but I think we can turn it around after the deadline.
3.How do you think the team could improve?
Need to grab up some of those new recreates.
4.Have you got any desires of becoming an AGM/GM? Why?
I'm already a GM. HALIFAX OP
5.Who do you think is the most active one in the LR?
Acyd or Hulk probably
6. To what team of the VHL would you like to go when you're called up?
Seattle, Vancouver, Helsinki, Davos probably would be the best.
7. To what team of the VHL would you like to go when you're called up?
A first and another pick probably.

Thanks to them for answering my questions and I think that I really are getting to know this league and the people inside it, I hope I get to be a GM or AGM on the next few seasons as I want to grow as fast as I can and get to the top in no time, some might say that I'm too ambitious but I think otherwise, I think it's win it all or go home, and I trully want to win it all!
I'm hoping this season we can get to the finals, I know playoffs are hard, but we have a great team that are on a constant improving, we have high-TPE player on our squad too. Also as the draft is coming up I want to gain momentum as I'm ranked nº2 right now but I want to be the first draft pick (as everyone) and I think if I keep improving I will get it.

Word Count: 1017 words

Claiming for week ending 23/2 and 1/3

• 2 weeks later...