2020 NHL Mock Draft

Big Mac

So I ran a quick draft lottery simulator, and using that I’m going to make a very short mock draft, with a short summary or no summary for the 1st 15 picks.

3CF09520-B91F-4F5B-8677-04089EDFC9FF.thumb.jpeg.a34e960ada1685234554381e5eb14006.jpeg

1st overall pick (OTT) = Alexis Lafreniere - I think this pick is obvious, and if Lafreniere ends up with the Senators, he could definitely be their greatest player of all-time up there with Spezza, Alfredsson, and Heatley. He’s a great playmaker with the best readiness with every player, and best potential.

2nd overall pick (LAK) = Quinton Byfield - Byfield, while he does definitely have the chance to lower in his stock, but I just can’t see it happening, and if the Kings get Byfield other teams will need to watch out as he will propel their rebuild, and he’s going to be a great playmaker, skater, and gritty type player.

3rd overall pick (CHI) = Jamie Drysdale - Now this is probably a surprise for a lot, because this draft is like 97% forwards, and Drysdale is the only defensemen projected top 10, but nevertheless Chicago really needs that defensemen of the future, and Drysdale will definitely be just that.

4th overall pick (DET) = Tim Stutzle - Stutzle can really be a Detroit great, and I don’t wanna jinx him, but he’s everything the wings need which is a two-way forward, who is versatile as Stutzle plays every position at forward possible, and he has a high upside to make things even better. 

5th overall pick (ANA) = Lucas Raymond - Lucas Raymond is one of the high-end scoring players, as in the SHL he has 9 points in 28 games, and he might need to grow a year or maybe even two you never know with these European prospects, Raymond even has the chances of developing a two-way game he has a high ceiling probably some of the lowest floor in this top 5, but a great pick nonetheless.

6th overall pick (NJD) = Holtz- Alexander Holtz and Lucas Raymond the two Swedes, and I think during this whole time Raymond has had the upper hand, and that just shows how good both these guys are, and Holtz can definitely be that elite forward the Devils are seeking, and even make an elite duo with Jack Hughes.

7th overall pick (SJS -> OTT) = Rossi - Now Rossi in my opinion is a top 5 talent, but due to his size teams are gonna pass because they just don’t learn, and I think one of the few teams that won’t pass is Ottawa considering he plays there already, and considering that he’s a local, and I’m sure he’d love to play with Lafreniere and maybe we’ll see the next best duo.

8th overall pick (MTL) = Perfetti - Cole Perfetti is going to higher than he deserves most likely, but nonetheless he’s a great player I think he has a really low floor however, but teams are looking at that ceiling which is a Brock Boeser type player who can snipe, but show that playmaking side. 

9th overall pick (BUF) = Lundell - Anton Lundell is a beauty he’s a great two-way player who will compliment Jack Eichel and Dahlin, and hopefully make Eichel have to not have nearly as much pressure, and he’ll be a bright spot while Jeff Skinner rots. 

10th overall pick (ARI -> NJD) = Gunler - Noel Gunler is one of the lowkey prospects this year, and he has great playmaking upside, and will hopefully fill out New Jersey's young line of Holtz and Hughes making them a trio.

11th pick (MIN) = Holloway - Dylan Holloway is a guy who could honestly fall out of the top 15, but nevertheless I have him going to the wild, and taking a big development path of 2 -> 3 years give or take, and maybe even trading him. 

12th pick (CGY) = Askarov - Yaroslav Askarov is a big guy in this draft literally and figuratively he’s one of the greatest goaltending prospects, and will get that CGY goalie tandem from good to elite, and might even get a vezina or a few and a couple of Jennings, or maybe he’ll be the next a Price and get that big bad Hart Trophy

13th pick (NYR) = Amirov - B2B russians in these here picks, and Amirov has a high ceiling and a pretty good floor something we’ve seen in these players a lot. Amirov also will most likely take a 2 year development path however still great nonetheless.

14th pick (FL) - LaPierre - Hendrix LaPierre is definitely a controversial pick early in he was much more highly regarded, and he fell for reasons I don’t understand, but nonetheless LaPierre will hopefully fill in next to Barkov and Huberdeau, and be a Panther great, and maybe help them get their first cup.

15th pick (CBJ) - Jake Sanderson - Sanderson is a good two-way defensemen, who could really help Jones and Werenski take some time on the bench, and not be the only defensive forces out there, and he might not ever win a Norris, but he will probably always be in Norris talks, and could be a more defensively aware John Klingberg.

Thats all what does your top 15 look like, I’m assuming it’s different especially with this being one of the deepest draft we might ever see. 

7 hours ago, gorlab said:

I'd love Lafrenniere on OTT as a franchise.

I'm scared he's going to DET or MTL though. 

If he went to MTL it’d the 50's again, and I don’t think Detroit would win more then like a cup or two with him, but Yzerman is a good gm especially with Tampa Bay

• 2 months later...