[S38] --- (S33) C - Wesley Kellinger

Advantage

Yes, but are we going by my logic? 

He also just updated before I offered this contract btw.

No, but I'm speaking on a respect level though haha. Saying and doing are two totally different actions.

I would argue that having a player come on and update to circumvent your proposed system of updating=activity is no different than the previous system of having a member come on and post to be considered active.

Which is why I still stand by logging on as activity. (Which is how it is, so Jericho is active regardless of updating or not) Yet you proposed that you must update to be considered active. Talk a player into posting/talk a player into updating, tomato/tomato. (say them differently in your head)

I don't think anything is wrong with this, or the Giygas signing for that matter. I'm just pointing out there is no difference in a GM getting a player to show his "Activity" when it benefits that GM and hurts another. That's still working the system to favor yourself. 

I didn't ask him to update.  He did it himself so..

I just wanted to sign him..regardless if he had updated before or not.

I didn't ask him to update.  He did it himself so..

I just wanted to sign him..regardless if he had updated before or not.

My point is that you and him should both have that right, regardless of if he had updated or not. It's your team to make offers with, and his player to accept them. If he's logging in to the site, it should be in his control is my point. This is a ridiculous one to use as an example because Jericho is active, but the GIYGAS signing that everyone points to is another good example. If Damien was logging in to the site, I think it is his decision to sign or not to sign - not any of the GMs. If he hadn't been on the site in a month, that's another story. 

You made the argument for requiring updates to be active. I think coming to the site shows activity. I'm showing that even if Jericho didn't update recently, this situation would still be acceptable - but under your argument it wouldn't be, he would be considered inactive and a bidding war would ensue.

I think it is good for a GM to be able to go about it this way. It promotes league activity, even if only in rare circumstances. If GIYGAS had come back to the VHL with full activity just because he ended up on another team, that's good for the league. It maybe didn't work out that way, but he had the opportunity to make that kind of decision to increase his interest in the league. Maybe sometimes it doesn't change anything, but if it does every once in a while, then that's a positive. GMs having control over player movement of guys who are logging in to the site doesn't promote their activity, it makes them feel powerless.

Edited by Molholt

It's time to shift the balance back to New York being the league's hated team.

You mean they weren't already? Thats news to me :lol:

It's time to shift the balance back to New York being the league's hated team.

Can I just once be on a team that isn't so hated? :P Believe it or not I really wished I could be drafted to Cologne....

Can I just once be on a team that isn't so hated? :P Believe it or not I really wished I could be drafted to Cologne....

i think you just think people hate you and your team every time tbh..

I haven't updated since March (admittedly in an effort to try to finish below Helsinki) does that make me inactive?

According to some (if taken literally to exaggerate a point), yes.

I haven't updated since March (admittedly in an effort to try to finish below Helsinki) does that make me inactive?

I don't really want to get into this again but yes based on the one month system. Although if it were my rule it'd be 3 or 4 months without updating, which would not make you inactive.

Edited by Advantage

Okay so I didn't read the whole thread but it's blatantly clear that Chris only thinks that inactivity idea when it applies to other teams because this is the second time he had what he would consider an "inactive" sign to stay with his team.  Can we please all just stop pretending like you have to update to have any say in your player because that is the stupidest idea ever.  

Okay so I didn't read the whole thread but it's blatantly clear that Chris only thinks that inactivity idea when it applies to other teams because this is the second time he had what he would consider an "inactive" sign to stay with his team.  Can we please all just stop pretending like you have to update to have any say in your player because that is the stupidest idea ever.  

Only time I can see that being an issue is if the player has a NTC. If they don't update but they are here, their NTC should be removed.

Okay so I didn't read the whole thread but it's blatantly clear that Chris only thinks that inactivity idea when it applies to other teams

It's blatantly clear that you haven't read any of the relevant threads to this topic.

It's blatantly clear that you haven't read any of the relevant threads to this topic.

No I've read what you wrote and what everyone else has wrote and your opinion is that if they aren't updating they are inactive and should have no say on their player which means jericho should have been an inactive.  You say this is how it should be but look at GIYGAS and Kellinger.  You always seem to be the team benefiting from how the rules are and try to slip and slide around them but you're supposed to be on the BoD and this is how you act?  Shameful tbh.  You're entitled to your opinion but you're not entitled to special treatment.  Your opinion sucks btw but whatever you can have a sucky opinion idc.

No I've read what you wrote and what everyone else has wrote and your opinion is that if they aren't updating they are inactive and should have no say on their player which means jericho should have been an inactive.  You say this is how it should be but look at GIYGAS and Kellinger.  You always seem to be the team benefiting from how the rules are and try to slip and slide around them but you're supposed to be on the BoD and this is how you act?  Shameful tbh.  You're entitled to your opinion but you're not entitled to special treatment.  Your opinion sucks btw but whatever you can have a sucky opinion idc.

At the same time though, his opinion is well respected whether we agree or not because he is active and stays around. Your's however is skeptical because you always go away. His opinion may be considered "shit" by your standards, but at least we listen to it.

At the same time though, his opinion is well respected whether we agree or not because he is active and stays around. Your's however is skeptical because you always go away. His opinion may be considered "shit" by your standards, but at least we listen to it.

I didn't call it shit I said it was sucky and I already talked to him on chat and changed my mind about the signing but his opinion still sucks

If I'm one of the ones that might be considered inactive while I'm still active because I don't update every week my opinion is kind of relevant because it's still my player I still come on here to see how my player does I just don't update very often

I didn't call it shit I said it was sucky and I already talked to him on chat and changed my mind about the signing but his opinion still sucks

If I'm one of the ones that might be considered inactive while I'm still active because I don't update every week my opinion is kind of relevant because it's still my player I still come on here to see how my player does I just don't update very often

Fair enough, what I'm saying is your opinion isn't weighted as heavily as his because you are essentially inactive. Chris however isn't, so regardless of it sucking in your mind, it's still more respected. Goes without saying though really.