The One Without Any Individual Rewards

NotAVHLM-GM

The One Without Any Individual Rewards

When looking at potential Hall of Fame players, there is one name that comes to mind instantly. Despite never winning an individual reward this first generation player has shown the world you individual prizes can elude you no matter how much TPE you gain. And TPE he gained…. A LOT.

Currently standing at 1955 TPE he is just a few weeks away from the illustrious 2000 mark and that alone is a feat that would be hall of fame worthy. I am speaking of course about Riga Reign stronghold: Ryan Kastelic, the guy who almost has as much TPE in his career as shots fired at the goal (yes, he hit the 2000 shot mark with last sim!)

While playing most of his career from the blueline there hasn’t been a season where he did not manage a point per game, something the defenseman of the generation to come could only dream off. It wasn’t until S69 (where Kastelic had made the switch to a forward) where he wouldn’t make the point per game mark. 

For the first five seasons of his career his points went up steadily, from 72 points in his rookie year he went to 75 in his sophomore year. 78, 80 and 86 and 88 for his 6th year. So there was always a steady improvement. His 7th year was indeed his worst one up to date with just 64 points, an amount he has now once again surpassed with still 9 more games to be played.

In the playoffs he usually performed a bit less than the regular season, which is okay considering you are facing stronger appointments. But even in his rookie year he scored 10 points in 11 playoff games. Despite having a minus 3 plus/minus rating, he had proven himself he belongs on the VHL level which lead to the Riga Reign winning that season’s Continental Cup. As a rookie it looked like that would be a promising start of a career.

100490809_original.jpg?1308015465

Here is a picture of a player winning an award. Something Kastelic would loved to experience.

But unless the portal is wrong, his success also stopped there. As the only accolades that are listed on his page are the S62 Founder’s Cup with Ottawa and the S63 Continental Cup with Riga.

So Ryan Kastelic had a career that many would be proud of. After being drafted 1st overall he stayed loyal to the Reign and has made the playoffs every year with the team. As a true team player I believe he definitely should be considered for the upcoming Hall of Fame inductees.

While he lacks the individual accolades he did show the world to never give up, stay loyal to your team and to continue earning TPE till your socks fall off. With a career like this, you deserve a shot at the Hall of Fame, regardless of the position switch somewhere down the line to confuse the voters. 

@Enorama : congrats on a hell of a career, let’s hope you will just be as persistent as a manager for the Dragons as you were with this player.

Words: 524

5 minutes ago, McWolf said:

I'm jealous of Kastelic's ppg seasons as a dman.

Same

5 minutes ago, McWolf said:

I laughed out loud.

Same, I was first looking for a Riga looking team to win the Stanley Cup, but then I found this beauty :D 

Just now, OrbitingDeath said:

Same

Same, I was first looking for a Riga looking team to win the Stanley Cup, but then I found this beauty :D 

The Prince of Wales Trophy is a team award though, so it would still kind of fit with the narrative of Kastelic helping his team reach the finals twice.

1 minute ago, McWolf said:

The Prince of Wales Trophy is a team award though, so it would still kind of fit with the narrative of Kastelic helping his team reach the finals twice.

Damnit, still a wrong picture for my joke then :D