The Lord's Moustache

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 8:15 PM, .sniffuM said:

jcTTxqu.png

@David O'Quinn

CnC

A little plain for my liking, but I like the exposure/levels of it.

I dont like the white specs all over his face/mustache. Also, the inner shadow (?) maybe of the text is looking a little jpeg'ish. IMO that kind of technique doesn't look the best with skinny/thin fonts, and much better with a thicker (pause) font.

you gonna need to bring something 2x as sexy to beat me in the graphics tourny, just fyi. :ph34r: 

13 hours ago, gorlab said:

A little plain for my liking, but I like the exposure/levels of it.

I dont like the white specs all over his face/mustache. Also, the inner shadow (?) maybe of the text is looking a little jpeg'ish. IMO that kind of technique doesn't look the best with skinny/thin fonts, and much better with a thicker (pause) font.

you gonna need to bring something 2x as sexy to beat me in the graphics tourny, just fyi. :ph34r: 

Ya I knew the text didn't look great but I rolled with it because it was an interesting process to get to it. Apparently when you take a thin helvetica font on white, put it on overlay against a black background, and do the stroke-and-offset on 0% fill thing while also putting those stroke text layers on overlay, it looks like that. So while it doesn't look great it came out with an interesting, unique look that I stuck with.