A Day with Draft Prospect Vin Calia [VHL.com?]

VinCal

This weekend, we spent a day with draftee hopeful Vin Calia and saw how the center spends an off day prepping for what he hopes is a long and successful future in the Virtual Hockey League. 

At around 7:30AM, I wake up and go for a run with my yellow lab Gordon for an hour. I'll come home and have a good breakfast, usually fruit, bowl of cereal or some eggs. After breakfast, its a quick shower, then hang around and play a little VHL-Live on my Xbox One.

At around noon, I'll head over to the rink for a skate. I'll work on my stickhandling, shooting, agility, you name it. After the two hour skate on the ice, its off to the gym for more cardio and some weights.

Rest of my day would be living a normal nineteen year old life, lots of video games, You tube, Movies, and TV.  I'll hang out with my boys occasionally but nothing crazy. A friends house, my apartment, shoot some hoops at the park, but no partying for me. I have a good core of friends that respect that.

Might sound like a dull life for a nineteen year old but I'm looking long term and that's hearing my name announced on draft night by a VHL team. When that happens, that dull life will be worth it.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to A Day with Draft Prospect Vin Calia [VHL.com?]