S70 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Victor

S70 Brett Slobodzian Trophy  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think was individually the most outstanding player in the VHL in S70?

• Jet Jaguar (MOS) - 42G, 55A, 97P, 17, 60PIM, 19HIT, 27SB, 6 GWG
    • Julian Borwinn (HSK) - 43G, 52A, 95P, 11, 73PIM, 203HIT, 34SB, 5 GWG
    • Randoms (MOS) - 44G, 46A, 90P, 11, 116PIM, 316HIT, 25SB, 10 GWG
    • Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen (MOS) - 18G, 68A, 86P, 13, 136PIM, 194HIT, 123SB, 1 GWG
    • Finn Davison (RIG) - 69GP, 36-23-7, 0.924SV%, 2.28GAA, 5SO, 2010SA

This poll is closed to new votes

Have to say Smitty definitely seems like the winner to me.

Also, what changed to make the top players' stats lower than before like this?  Did something change while I was inactive?

Just now, solas said:

Have to say Smitty definitely seems like the winner to me.

Also, what changed to make the top players' stats lower than before like this?  Did something change while I was inactive?

Parity and depth.

10 teams tried to win the cup this year.

All 10 had damn near the 6/4/1 of active players each.

If my vote hasn't been changed to Smitty yet, change it to Smitty. I want to see Dil's head explode.

Edited by GustavMattias

• Admin
Just now, GustavMattias said:

If my vote hasn't been changed to Smitty yet, change it to Smitty. I want to see Dil's head explode.

I'll do it at the end if Smitty needs a vote to win. :P

3 hours ago, Victor said:

I'm just gonna say if there was ever a season for a defenceman to win this....

Yeah I'm not going to lie this was probably the toughest vote this season. I get the love for both Jaguar and Borwinn for the points factor each brought, but I was sitting there for a good five minutes with the vote ticked in Smitty's direction thinking this was the perfect year for a D to take this. But I ultimately went Randoms. :S 

The overall stats perspective really was what drove it home, and Randoms had the goals, the hits, the points, and even a pretty good GWG margin tbh. It sucks for Jet because he has the points edge and he is basically punished for not building a physical player. But the stats relative to competition are just more impressive on the other players. 

Curious to see how this one shakes out. 

11 minutes ago, flyersfan1453 said:

I don't quite understand the votes for Borwinn.

If you're going straight points, you go Jaguar.

If you're going two-way play, you go Randoms. 5 less points, but over 100 more hits.

IMO.

If you're going for a guy that finished second in both points and goals without playing with six 70-point scorers, vote Borwinn.

The fact that Moscow is so stacked makes everyone hitting high point totals on Moscow a bit less exceptional imo

1 minute ago, McWolf said:

If you're going for a guy that finished second in both points and goals without playing with six 70-point scorers, vote Borwinn.

The fact that Moscow is so stacked makes everyone hitting high point totals on Moscow a bit less exceptional imo

I understand this logic and why it'd make Borwinn more impressive, but personally that's something I'd take into consideration for MVP rather than Most Outstanding.

Edited by solas