Malmo Nighthawks GM Announcement

When I started the process of bringing an Expansion team into the league I envisioned my reign lasting for quite some time.  Even in the discussions last season of what to do with Davos, I felt comfortable letting @GustavMattias go for Davos as I didnt think I'd make the switch anytime soon.  

Flash forward to February 15th where I was hospitalized and went through the scare of my life resulting in an entire lifestyle change.  For me, a lifestyle change was always going to eventually be necessary as a bigger guy but I had hoped to not receive a huge scare leading to it.  

Ultimately, this has made me look at my priorities and turn my focus to my health and doing everything I can to change my way of life.  Sadly I knew that VHL could no longer be a priority, at least while I'm undergoing this change.  I contacted @Beketov and @Beaviss immediately and unfortunately let them know that this will be my final season as Malmo's GM.

I had so many more goals for Malmo.  I wanted a Cup obviously and I wanted to build a great foundation and a fun team to play for.  Despite our troubled season, I do believe we are a fun team to play for and I'm thrilled that so many on my team have loved Malmo so much that they were fully willing to sign long term.  I'm also happy to have hit 1000 wins as a GM this past season before relinquishing this position.

That being said, while this is a sad announcement for me it is also a happy one.  Malmo will be getting a GM that is committed, proven and is one of the best members this league has.  He was someone I targeted way back in his draft and I'm excited to have him guide my team going forward.  Please help me welcome @FrostBeard to the GM Group and to the Head Seat for the Malmo Nighthawks.  Wish you nothing but luck and hopefully a Cup in your future.

Take care all.

Edited by Advantage

Welcome @FrostBeard, good luck in Malmo, your taking over a great GMs spot! @Advantage sad to hear this news, but congrats on getting a goal, and having such a succesful career. I wish you good luck wherever life may take you! Good luck! ?:)

Never like hearing about RL getting in the way, but I'm glad you're working towards getting better.

Welcome to the group @FrostBeard! I know you've been pretty close to next-up for a while, so it was just a matter of time before you found your way here.

Congratulations on all you've accomplished as GM, I hope you will be able to at the very least stick around in the community as a player. Won't be quite the same without ya. 

Best of luck in the bigs, Frosty! You've earned this!

Best of luck to you @Advantage Hope everything is going better and that you are finding strength and help when you need it. We’re always here for you. Always been a GM I’ve never had an issue with and have always loved and seen eye to eye, even when our eyes didn’t mean (who can forget his crystal blue eyes?).

@FrostBeard You don’t deserve the job but good luck. 

“wow this Bana guy is a cock” 

Congrats Frosty. I pushed for you ever so lightly in the BoG initially. Didn’t take much. People know how great you are. Good luck to all and Malmo! :cheers:

It is quite sad that ADV has to leave the position because of health reasons. You truly are an amazing GM and I hope that one day you can come back and GM for a long time in VHL, you deserve it! 

It was a tough decision for me as I really wanted to be an old dog of VHLM when everyone else moves up but I guess it didn't happen as planned. I am extremely excited to take up this position and I hope that players, alumni and everyone else who has ties with Nighthawks will accept me! Right now I want to say huge thanks to everyone on Bulls for being there for these last 5 seasons. Thanks to all commissioners and everyone involved in the decision and in the end - good luck to the next ring leader of Houston Bulls. 

FrostBeard out!

Chris, you're a great guy and a great GM. Thanks for the countless hours of effort, work and fun you gave Malmo but also gave the VHL in GM'ing quality teams. I hope your health improves and that you reach out anytime you need it.

@FrostBeard welcome to the fold as the GM. Can't wait to play next season in Malmo!

@Advantage - We've talked briefly in private about it all already but stay strong and push yourself to reach your goals. Like so many others here have said, feel free to hit me up if you ever need to talk. You're a big reason why I am who I am in this league today, and right from day one you made me feel at home in Malmo. Thanks for everything, and it means a lot that you had me lined up to take over at one point. Hope to see you stick around in the league, and hope to see you back in the GM community at some point (after all else is put in its place, of course). 

@FrostBeard - Welcome to the team, both as a Nighthawk and as a fellow GM! My personal feelings about any hire can basically be summed up by "I don't care who gets hired, as long as it's not a psychopath," and I'm happy to see that test has been passed with flying colors. If you ever need help or advice, I'm most certainly not the person to ask at the moment, but I'm willing to help (and possibly inadvertently misguide) you with anything you'd like. Good luck, and make Jerry good please.

• Commissioner

You’re always welcome back to the league in whatever capacity you can handle, I’m sure you know that. Go handle yourself, we’ll still be here. Sorry I couldn’t get Malmo that cup with Thompson.

3 hours ago, Advantage said:

I appreciate all the warm messages.  I won't be able to keep up a player for now @Doomsday but perhaps down the road when things hopefully get better, I can have the time to focus here again.

We'll be here and ready when you are, my friend. Take care of yourself, we're all rooting for you here!