fuckin sens

QPOEWtT.png

As everyone knows by this point, every time I try something new I come in asking for advice. This is my third graphic using photoshop (not counting the times it crashed on me) and I'm getting better, I promise. Did my best to do some manual shading/color correction on the render using an overlay layer and dodge/burn tools and did my usual "take a solid color and draw random lines on it" for the background. I know everything about the text sucks and that will probably be my next big area of concentration.

34 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

QPOEWtT.png

As everyone knows by this point, every time I try something new I come in asking for advice. This is my third graphic using photoshop (not counting the times it crashed on me) and I'm getting better, I promise. Did my best to do some manual shading/color correction on the render using an overlay layer and dodge/burn tools and did my usual "take a solid color and draw random lines on it" for the background. I know everything about the text sucks and that will probably be my next big area of concentration.

Try copying your background, putting it above your render, then using a mask to erase some of it. It creates some depth. You can also try some different blending modes or opacity on the top one to create different looks too.

My final step on most graphics is to select the whole thing, copy merged (shift + ctrl + c), make a new layer, paste it there, blur the whole layer with gaussian blur at 1-3 px, then mask it, reveal all, and take a black brush with low hardness to the mask where i want it to be more visible.

you gonna make it one day @GustavMattias

goat'd photoshop technique that can be done/applied in numerous ways:

1) create new transparent layer mid-way through your sig and have that layer active/selected/focused (or w/e u want to call it)

2) IMAGE menu across top of screen > APPLY IMAGE

3) the transparent layer becomes a "solidated image" layer with everything that's currently visible in the PS project (what you've done so far with your sig aka the background/render/stocks/adjustments or even text if you've gone that far)

4) You can then do things to this one individual layer to change the style of the sig like 

- filter > pixelate > fragment/mosaic

- filter > blur > gausian blur

- apply a GRADIENT MAP to it via clipping mask

- apply a hue/sat adjustment layer to it via clipping mask

- use a filter program like topaz/nik/etc to it

- etc etc etc etc etc

5) Once you've altered that one single layer we're still working with the whole time, you then add a LAYER MASK to it, and use the black paintbrush on the LAYER MASK (white rectangle in the layer menu bottom-right corner of screen) to HIDE parts of this single layer, and expose the "original" image again. Sometimes most of the layer mask remains WHITE and you only mask off (make black) a little of the mask. Other times the entire layer mask may be BLACK except for little chunks of white, you've chosen to leave exposed, etc.

^ You can do this same technique multiple times throughout the sig, layer masking diff areas of each new [transparent layer > image menu > apply image] layer that you've made.

THe key to it is understanding the concept of IMAGE MENU > APPLY IMAGE and building/experimenting from there.    THIS IS FOR PHOTOSHOP USERS BTW

@Viperxhawks19 @Acydburn @Jbeezy76  @Ricer13 @Alex Bridges @Jubis @DangerGolding @Big Mac

@gorlabI feel I'm super limited. I do mobile only. I use multiple different apps but all my graphics get finished through Adobe photoshop express app. Not sure how much the mobile version is lacking. ANY OTHER MEMBERS ON HERE DO GRAPHICS THROUGH MOBILE ONLY ?

29 minutes ago, Jubis said:

@gorlabI feel I'm super limited. I do mobile only. I use multiple different apps but all my graphics get finished through Adobe photoshop express app. Not sure how much the mobile version is lacking. ANY OTHER MEMBERS ON HERE DO GRAPHICS THROUGH MOBILE ONLY ?

I have done a couple through mobile. They never turn out as good but you can make a “decent” graphic actually 

8 hours ago, gorlab said:

1) create new transparent layer mid-way through your sig and have that layer active/selected/focused (or w/e u want to call it)

2) IMAGE menu across top of screen > APPLY IMAGE

3) the transparent layer becomes a "solidated image" layer with everything that's currently visible in the PS project (what you've done so far with your sig aka the background/render/stocks/adjustments or even text if you've gone that far)

And all this time I've been copying my whole ass image into a new layer, meaning I need to totally re-do it if I change any minute thing below said layer lmao

7 hours ago, Jubis said:

I do.. If you want something kind of like Photoshop, here is the link to what I use. https://pixlr.com/e/

On 3/11/2020 at 6:46 AM, Jubis said:

Can't say I know anything specifically, Jubis.

Photoshop on a computer has always been the sim league standard for doing "good" graphics. I'm sure there are some mobile solutions out there, but I don't think there would be anything near the complexity/options that Photoshop allows for. 

• 3 weeks later...